• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Disconnected while switching characters

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Still happening, hope they can fix with maint this week.

Posted

This happens to me every single time. I can stay connected to the game fine for hours and hours, but I try to switch characters, and suddenly it's a chain of disconnects.

Posted

Same here, really annoying. :(

Posted

Same here.

Happens more when I switch characters within 5 mins apart

Posted

Yeah happens to me also... and after that 10 min block on shopping... GREAT. SIMPLY GREAT.

Posted

Got the Same Issue as well seems to be limited to swapping more than once within a certain time period

Posted

With 9 chars its especially annoying - probably faster to just crash the game immediately when you want to switch and relaunch the client, rather than wait for the disconnect to occur.... 

1 person likes this

Posted

Super annoying. Wish this would get fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted

This happens a lot when switching character in short duration. I switched to my alt to do some farming, takes around a few minutes, switch back to my main character and I got disconnected. This occurs A LOT, 80% of the time if I switch without staying long on my alt. This has become a major issue for players with multiple alt characters. 

Exactly what happens to me

Posted

one month goes bye...

the problem is still here!!

Posted

I've had this for weeks :(

Posted

+1

This is clearly either a bug or an intentional security precaution. Would be nice to get some official answer as to whether they plan on fixing/changing this.

Posted

same here

Posted

Still no fix.  I wanted to buy character slots but not with this bug.

Posted

I too have experienced this issue today and have passed it on to our Team.

Thanks!!! :)

Posted (edited)

I love how not a single one of you posted the CHANNEL AND SERVER you're on lol

I get this problem on Valencia E3.. but I can change characters indefinitely on Balenos E1 

Server: Edan

Edited by c3z

Posted (edited)

I love how not a single one of you posted the CHANNEL AND SERVER you're on lol

I get this problem on Valencia E3.. but I can change characters indefinitely on Balenos E1 

Server: Edan

For me at least, I haven't found a channel that doesn't have this problem. I'm pretty sure I've cycled through all of them on Orwen. So annoying. Wouldn't be quite as bad if it didn't take like 5 minutes to start the game.

Oh, I guess I should explain. Sometimes I'll pick a new channel and it will seem great, maybe even for the whole evening. I figure, whew, I finally found a channel that works. Then within a day or two that channel starts the same behaviour.

Anyway, I'm not too alt focused so it isn't game breaking for me. But I can see an altoholic just giving up.

Edited by Ahni
More info

Posted (edited)

Same happening to me after this weeks maintenance. Server Jordine

Edited by Rosenea
Added server

Posted (edited)

thougt its gonna be fixed today but no ...

still dc while changing chars 

annoying

Jordine /Mediah J2

Edited by BoehserOnkel

Posted

I noticed this doesn't happen on the first 5 channels.

I even made a video to prove it but its on facebook somewhere.

Basically I can change characters as many times as a I want as long as im on either Velia, Balenos, or Calpheon.

I am guaranteed to crash on any other channel by my first or 2nd character change.

1 person likes this

Posted

up the bug is annoyed

Posted

+1

Happens to me too. Really annoying for a game that encourages switching characters.

Posted

Just happened to me again, pointless option if you just have to restart the whole game again..One of many connection issues that seem to be getting worse judging by the forums.

Posted

I noticed this doesn't happen on the first 5 channels.

I even made a video to prove it but its on facebook somewhere.

Basically I can change characters as many times as a I want as long as im on either Velia, Balenos, or Calpheon.

I am guaranteed to crash on any other channel by my first or 2nd character change.

Thanks! I tested in balenos j1 with no problem so far :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Have the same problems when switching chars... Fix pls.