• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Some bad things so far.

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I mean.. really? Most of the time PNJs appear as black shadow until you're super close

Plus the game dosen't look that great, textures, grass ect

And what the hell things keep appearing in front on me and look like a 2009 game.. I'm really sad about this part

I hope the graphics right now aren't the final ones because I have everything maxed..

Take a look at the trees, the rocks and the grass in the background.. That's horrible

Plus the crap optimization of the game especillay in town.

2015-12-18_21464271[-166_-37_558].JPG

Edited by Nocturne
1 person likes this

Posted

Are you running this on a toaster? I have a 2 year old mediocre laptop running on low quality graphics and my game looks and performs amazing. Also if you are getting textures that load really slow it could just be your isp killing your immersion rather than the game itself. Even if you have a strong gpu if you have slow bus speed you will suffer greatly. I would try messing with your settings until you find something that you can live with. Good Luck!

8 people like this

Posted

Isp? What do you mean?

Well I have a full HD monitor and I maxed out everything so..

Posted

Isp? What do you mean?

your computer probably cant handle it

Posted

Isp? What do you mean?

It doesn't look even close to being maxed out, maybe you experience some issues with rendering by your side

Posted (edited)

I put everything on max, put on every setting

Please, I just told you I had a 980TI don't say that my computer can't handle the game.. lol

Maybe I checked the wrong things on the launcher? High 1 is better than High 2?

I took High 2 and High on the launcher and everything on the game is maxed out.

Edited by Nocturne

Posted (edited)

I don't know Nocturne, I run the game maxed out on 1440p and it looks pretty much comparable to Witcher 3 (aka hot as f**k).  I can't take my eyes off the screen, the game is beautiful.

Edited by Xotli
2 people like this

Posted

I also played TW3 with max settings it's a no match compared to BDO right now. I mean I believe there are some textures issues here, that is'nt possible..

Posted (edited)

I mean.. really? Most of the time PNJs appear as black shadow until you're super close

And what the hell things keep appearing in front on me and look like a 2009 game.. I'm really sad about this part

I hope the graphics right now aren't the final ones because I have everything maxed..

Take a look at the trees, the rocks and the grass in the background.. That's horrible

From that screenshot, it does not look maxed out at all. Go in game and fix the settings there. For sure you don't have the "high end graphics" checkbox on.

Edited by insert_brain

Posted

Wow are seriously complaining about the graphics ? This game has the BEST graphics in MMO history so far. Please if you want to give feedback to developers be constructive. 

As for the town Optimization, that is the nature of all MMO's in general, crowded areas will always result in fps drop, unless you have a NASA super computer, I don't see it going away. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just turn off the screen filter option if you don't like the blur effect.

Posted

Just turn off the screen filter option if you don't like the blur effect.

It is not just the blur, he's missing several things. He just used the launcher's quick graphic settings, and did not check anything in game. Then, he came here spamming this picture and how this game "looks like a 2009 game, lol" all over the forum hijacking other people's threads.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with insert_brain.  There are a few options that look like they may increase the graphics, but actually degrade it and kill a lot of features.  I would really read through the options.  I had one option enabled that I thought helped, but it actually made it worse.  LOl

Posted

Either your settings or your computer. Game looks amazing for me.

Posted

Non-issues...

Posted (edited)

Isp? What do you mean?

You just went full retard, never go full retard. ISP means Internet Service Provider. Albeit, I don't get what a persons ISP has to do with anything considering textures aren't being streamed in real time. The only thing that should really matter in texture load speed is your GPUs memory bus speed. If you're using a nVidia GPU, then the low load speed is understandable considering most of their GPUs have a bus speed of 184GB/s to 256GB/s.

If you don't like the slow texture load up speed, the only graphics card that can load up crap tons of high resolution textures near instantly is AMDs Fury X

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Your GFX Card's settings could use some tweaking perhaps if they do not look as close to the Witcher 3 in Max Settings, could be indeed a problem on your end rendering it as some mentions.

Posted

well, 1st off, the stuff in the background is rendered in a lower resolution naturally.
secondly, the built in AA is nice, but not the best the world has seen.so some textures might feel crispy, naturally.
and thirdly, the background you see is not fully rendered, if it would be, your 980ti would be on fire right now.

obviously, with mmorpgs, there needs to be more compromise as with single player games ala the wither 3.there needs to be more memory in reserve, as you will load more data, like other players and everything that belongs to them at times.

also, many games like to hide their ugly sides behind a curtain, called depth of field.
BDO has DoF aswell indeed, but only in photo mode.DoF works well to hide mushy textures in the far back, but also gives off a very unrealistic feel at times.

here are 2 examples of what DoF will turn your game into.

DF9CLyo.jpg

mHTqBsh.jpg

it makes for good wallpapers, but doesn't feel very good to play with.if i was able to adjust the DoF and use it outside of photo mode, i might use it, if i were able to slightly decrease its effect.

the wither 3 in fact is no different.while it might be able to render better at a bigger distance, at a certain point it needs to stop for the sake of it still being playable.
i actually found a few 4k screenshots, that allow to see the game without DoF, and how the background is just getting as mushy as BDO

ohcUjRd.jpg

i think pearl abyss did a very good job on BDO.yes, there is always room for optimization.but as i'm no expert, i can't imagine how much work that would be.
my game runs very well.even on maxed out settings with the beta high graphics setting i'm always above 30fps on my 2560x1440 screen.
can't ask for more.especially when i got g-sync and 144hz to help me with more smooth gameplay.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Something else to consider if the graphics are poo while you are standing still and nothing is trying to render over the interwebs (which would be the fault of your ISP - Internet Service Provider) is to ensure that the game is indeed using your gpu to render the graphics. I have seen some newer cards having issues with these newer games and actually default to using just your CPU for everything. There is a way to verify whether this is an issue or not, but since you didn't know what an ISP was, I am afraid to explain the process and confuse you more. Try to make some adjustments to your in game settings and ensure that you're machine is not downloading some windows updates or something that would compete for bandwidth. If you are not the only one using your internet it could also chug down and cause the rendering problems if a family member is streaming pandora or watching netflix etc. By rendering I mean loading textures really slow and seeing black figures and not detailed npc's.

Try updating your video driver if nothing else seems to do the trick. - Good Luck!

Edited by KIARRASW

Posted

Well I'm sure my PC is using my GPU and not my CPU because I just changed and all my games are perfect now. And BDO is the only game where I can't get 60 constant fps..

About the launcher, what is the difference between High1 and High 2?

Posted (edited)

only issue i had were black people. (no racism)

567491c223998_2015-12-17_247683765_-71_8567491c2bde2b_2015-12-17_402812470_-76_8567491c36c4b9_2015-12-17_586989672_-78_8

thats on highest settings at 1080p without the "high end mode"

Still can't get over how well the isometric pic is O.o

Edited by MrGrim

Posted (edited)

I put everything on max, put on every setting

Please, I just told you I had a 980TI don't say that my computer can't handle the game.. lol

Maybe I checked the wrong things on the launcher? High 1 is better than High 2?

I took High 2 and High on the launcher and everything on the game is maxed out.

Dont ever set your graphics by generic load outs from the launcher and then say its maxed out lol. Actually go into the game and click settings and max everything out. and make sure to click "high end mode"

Edited by Zev

Posted

.. I did. Ofc I put everything on max ON the game. And on the launcher too

But MrGrim seems to have the same graphics so I guess they just completely fucked it up.. I hope they will change that for the release

Posted

I have had these black npcs sometimes myself - but somehow it only happens when I my location is changing too fast. 
(textures not loading asap).

Posted (edited)

You can complain for anything you want in Black Desert except graphics, get serious dude check a pic I took in ALPHA

9AIYqn9.jpg

The game looks gorgeous there is no better looking MMORPG out there, in that part it's the KING by far & you are the first person I see write anything bad about the graphics, the first one, I have never seen anyone write anything negative about the graphics because everyone agree that it's the most strong point on this game along with combat, so yeah the prob is from your side.

Edited by rpgmaniac
1 person likes this