• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Some bad things so far.

84 posts in this topic

Posted

You need to do this ASAP ^ Some setting seems wrong with your DoF and Distance rendering looking at your screenshot if your playing on Max settings, since I use the same GFX card. 

Tweak, tweak in NVIDIA control panel!

I'll probably do a tutorial post soon for tweaking to go beyond ultra using SMAA etc. Since so many are wanting it.

Could you give me some ideas on what to do with my settings? Im a bit unsure as Ive moved from AMD

Posted (edited)

I also have a 980TI Gaming 6G and a 21:9 - 3440x1440 monitor. This is the first time someone told me that this game doesn't look "that great". I think 90% of the people will disagree. Here are some in-game screenshots, doesn't this look great?

EkKAew1.jpg

3SndTeT.jpg

din22IS.jpg

wXwyue4.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/CIoiP

This appears to be a driver issue. My lighting is COMPLETELY broken and looks absolutely nothing like this. Yours looks like an ENB Preset and mine looks like OP's. Something is very wrong here. Also the game does not have the best MMO graphics of its time, even when it looks like this, but I'm not going to argue. Currently my game and OP's game looks like a vastly broken version of Witcher 3. Also your depth of field and blur here still looks like -----ing garbage. Also I should note that everything on my Nividia control panel has been configured and that only helped slightly. The game still appears to be overrriding and ruining its own settings.

Well one thing I've been able to troubleshoot: The game does not behave properly when being run on my 32" HDTV. When on my secondary, 23" HD computer monitor, the game no longer has a stuttering mouse on startup and the lighting seems to have almost fully been fixed (both monitors are HDMI at 60hz). However, hair lighting is still broken, hair does seem to still be too transparent and game's optimization is still a failure.

My conclusion is that the game needs to be patched several times before it's going to function. Might have to wait six months and come back to see if they've fixed all the problems.

Edited by Daft Harlot

Posted

This appears to be a driver issue. My lighting is COMPLETELY broken and looks absolutely nothing like this. Yours looks like an ENB Preset and mine looks like OP's. Something is very wrong here. Also the game does not have the best MMO graphics of its time, even when it looks like this, but I'm not going to argue. Currently my game and OP's game looks like a vastly broken version of Witcher 3. Also your depth of field and blur here still looks like -----ing garbage. Also I should note that everything on my Nividia control panel has been configured and that only helped slightly. The game still appears to be overrriding and ruining its own settings.

Well one thing I've been able to troubleshoot: The game does not behave properly when being run on my 32" HDTV. When on my secondary, 23" HD computer monitor, the game no longer has a stuttering mouse on startup and the lighting seems to have almost fully been fixed (both monitors are HDMI at 60hz). However, hair lighting is still broken, hair does seem to still be too transparent and game's optimization is still a failure.

My conclusion is that the game needs to be patched several times before it's going to function. Might have to wait six months and come back to see if they've fixed all the problems.

Let's hope they will do some fixing for you then ;). Especially when more people have this issue, it will be fixed even sooner. I must say it is extremely annoying if you cannot fix those things. It will make you lose interest in a great game like this.

There is maintenance every week, so lets hope for something good!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Those screenshots and a lot of others in this thread are made in photo mode, photo mode looks very different to normal in game gfx it has it's own depth of field effect and filters and you can't activate most of those outside of it. That's why ppl think their game looks worse any screen without ui is photo mode while with is normal in game.

Photo Mode Controls

Ctrl + U ingame to activate it.

<↑>, <↓>, <←>, <→>: Moves the camera view.

<Ctrl> + <↑>, <↓>: Adjusts the camera focus (Highlight function).

<Shift> + <↑>, <↓>: Adjusts the field of view (FOV).

<Shift> + <←>, <→>: Tilts the camera to the left or right.

<Ctrl> + <Shift> + <↑>, <↓>: Applies a photo filter.

<Ctrl> + <Shift> + <←>, <→>: Applies grain filter and vignette.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

the photo mode controls i though it was combo moves

Posted

Also the game does not have the best MMO graphics of its time, even when it looks like this, but I'm not going to argue.

I love the graphics here, but I can accept there are better. Just out of curiosity and won't argue about it, which MMO do you think are better?

Posted (edited)

I also have a 980TI Gaming 6G and a 21:9 - 3440x1440 monitor. This is the first time someone told me that this game doesn't look "that great". I think 90% of the people will disagree. Here are some in-game screenshots, doesn't this look great?

EkKAew1.jpg

3SndTeT.jpg

din22IS.jpg

wXwyue4.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/CIoiP

Sorry I do disagree - these shots look extremely poor. Everything is blurry and not crisp and clear. Games going far back as AoC & Lotro, and more recently GW2 and ESO render everything so you can see a very long way and in high detail without sacrificing a frame. The character on screen look like paper cut outs and the clipping between textures do not make the characters sit correctly, 1d grass sitting through solid objects everywhere - try rolling a character that has hair and watch it clip through everything you wear, or put on a long coat and watch your hands and other things clip. Buildings do not sit on the ground correctly the list goes on. This is typical of most Asian based MMO's however.

The Character modelling in the generator is far superior to the flat faced character actually in game. I felt disappointed spending oodles of time making my character to have it cut down to a shonky anime image of itself once in game. AoC is a good example of adding body tone and detail to the shape using 07 techniques and actually putting what you made in the game so why does a 2014 game not do this using the 2010-14 techniques avail to them during its development cycle?. The game overall effects and detail on max on a titan card I find to be adequate but certainly not 'worlds best mmo' overall when compared to other games that have a distinctly much higher level of technical and artistic skill, but there is so much room for improvement on this front in BDO.

The lack of clear view distance is very distracting and causes eye strain from having a blurry interface. The saving grace is the photo mode where you can disable the blur then things start looking nice... so my question is why is it that not avail while we a are playing? Considering games from 2007 were capable of this. If you don't believe me go look at vista and town shots and videos from other leading mmos that do not blur things to make a game look good.

The games strength is its crafting system (IMHO btw), really well done, right up there with Horizons, Eve Online and EQ1. Its partially subjective of course and this is just one opinion and I am happy to be a BDO crafting fanboi... GFX not so much, I am a member of the 1% on this topic I guess :-)

Edited by oglfdx
spelling

Posted

I have like a first gen I7 with a 7900 series AMD card... so my setup at best is 4 + years old... and even with my settings on High not Ultra, the game looks better then yours....

Im not 100% sure how Nvidia works but i set a custom application setting using the AMD software and my game got 1920832918 times better in the graphics portion

Im running amd.im running fine but maybe i can squeeze some more fps if i use your setings.what did you enable?

Posted

This kid -----es more than anyone I know. Everyone on here is trying to help you and you're being a smart ass. I'm surprised people are still willing to help your spoiled ass after having read what you have said to them. It's an MMO, ofc the graphics aren't going to be godly. Play the damn game and quit whining like a little girl.

This kid -----es more than anyone I know. Everyone on here is trying to help you and you're being a smart ass. I'm surprised people are still willing to help your spoiled ass after having read what you have said to them. It's an MMO, ofc the graphics aren't going to be godly. Play the damn game and quit whining like a little girl.