• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Evasive Explosion Shot - Awakening

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Or 5 ancient relic shards make a summon scroll and you get them off of defeating that summoned boss

Some people ( mostly muricans ) started to call Ancient Relic Scroll as Discoball.. back when there were no proper translation to it on Korea. They had to call it someway...

So it stick to some people.

Posted (edited)

Well the summon works, but not everyone lives in the same time zone. ;)

in general: buffs of the same type don't stack with each other. An attack speed percentual buff will overwrite the previous one. So double dipping attack speed - can work depending on the skills - but if you find yourself casting them in short succession you do cut your benefits from the effect. It also becomes completely useless in group fights with a properly played wizzard or witch supporting you.
Nonetheless the % attack speed does still affect you even if/when you run a +5 attack speed setup. So as stated it depends on the skill setup and your playstyle

+ flat damage works monstrously well on multi hit attacks. I was told the hard way that the mindset 'oh but eventually you will have so much AP that it doesn't matter much anymore' is a bit short sighted as the DP also goes up for your average target with those patches both for pvp and pve. 36 hits that barely scratch oe 36 hits that actually hurt a little make a noteable difference (and yes that implies that you can also fire immobile skills like RW or ult.Q in certain situations and punish people for allowing you to do so even more)
+ % hp damage is only applied once with the first hit of the skill. It works great for WotW mana burn farming.

minus movementspeed is only relevant for you if you are not playing with TA. A single hit of an uncharged TA that is canceled out with a ult.ES can already apply a 30 % slow, but if you have a 10 % slow somewhere else you will overwrite it.

minus attack speed on enemies is often overlooked, but it is a much more reliable way to increase your life expectancy than hoping for reduced movement speed or crit % (and there were people on KR who always tried to promote the - crit %. ) Imho I prefer things I can predict instead of gambling for RNG. Because RNG is a b-tch and she hates me :(

Edited by Sedlina

Posted

Some people ( mostly muricans ) started to call Ancient Relic Scroll as Discoball.. back when there were no proper translation to it on Korea. They had to call it someway...

So it stick to some people.

Lol oh, I was wondering what discoball was :P

Posted

I was wondering if the awakening mechanic works on evasive shot? Since its more like a passive which applies nearly to every action we do. So I chosed that to awaken and got +5AP but never see a buff when I am Q-canceling or simply autoattacking (unlike on other skills where i can see the buff icon) so my question would be..did I just awaken a skill which is useless?

Posted

Should I bother to reroll?

2016-03-20_179020508.thumb.JPG.485fa9745

Posted (edited)

So.. does movement speed debuff stacks with the EES's MS debuff?

EDIT:

Wasted 62 Fragments and couldn't get the -10 movement speed decrease on EES.. But managed to get it on BG.

And it will not stack with  the 2 skills. So i assume it won't stack if i have this awakening on EES either...

Another wierd thing, i got many times "precision reduction 2-3" for EES. I guess its accuracy decrease, but this awakening skill is not listed on any sites.

Any idea?

Edited by Azta

Posted

@rinel....lol, the summon works.

Well, after a million or so spent on rerolling.  I have the following

Currently only four awakenings.

[EES] +AP Ranged by 4:  I kept getting the damn regen one, funk that.  I have no MP problems as long as I have stamina.

[WoW] Movement Speed reduced by -5%.  Got on my first roll!  Was very happy with this.  I'm guessing it stacks with EES debuff (-25%+-5%) 30%!  I prefer this since it's close range.  Enough to get away and now the AP ranged boost from EES...wait, there's more....

[CW/UCW] +4% Crit.  This is where I spent the most on re-rolling. I wanted to get higher but it kept just going to 4%.  When i hit 52, will it raise?  I will re-roll again then.  Just poor RNG on my end.  I never got a AP increase one on this so I would of possibly stopped there if I did get it.  I wanted crit since this skill doesnt have a crit modifier.

[Blasting Gust] +10% Atk Speed.  Well, this one was on the first roll, and pretty happy!  Since I have AS on this when I hit 52 i will get a crit on ES.  I think I use this enough to keep good uptime.

[Evasive Shot] +crit.  Again as previously mentioned, i plan to get the crit buff.  Although this skill is 100% crit, I want this to get my crit buff so I can shotgun with the buff

I should have very good uptime with the AS and crit buff based on how I play.  Again EVERYONE should consider play style when you do your awakenings.

Well, that's all for now 

@LittleBrownMan mind explaining how you have no mana issues /w stamina? using spirit healing/gem? I don't really like the idea of relying entirely on mana potions in pvp

Posted

I wouldn't bother rolling for it on purpose, from what i remember it doesn't help all that much, just stick with something like attack speed if you can roll it.

Do you have spirit healing? Usually it doesn't matter if you drink pots (you can use cheaper ones, they are still effective), what does matter is wether you can carry enough pots to keep yourself going before you run out of durability and carrying weight for your loot (usually around 50 minutes to an hour).

Posted

@LittleBrownMan mind explaining how you have no mana issues /w stamina? using spirit healing/gem? I don't really like the idea of relying entirely on mana potions in pvp

It's not that I don't have issues, i just did a trade off of chugging mana pots.  SH was only helpful leveling and sustaining up to a point.  Eventually, I will put up to +5 or +10 MP, leaning more on the +5.  At this time, i don think it is necessary. You just have to have the "feeling".  If you are constantly spamming skills and not rotating out other skills, that's what your opponent wants you to do.  That's the mistake they wait for and then CC chain "whammy" release at node time.  I dont know your playstyle...again...your playstyle.  I switched out of SH once I hit 51 + I think 2-3 skill point gains till I was able to get my final build at that point.  I took my time to get used to the change prior to engaging in any pvp. 

As mentioned above, even when farming, I carry about 80-100 pots.  I hit the red durability before I run out of pots.   

Posted (edited)

I had some darn good luck today!  When I had originally hit 50, I used 20-30 fragments before I finally got 5% HP on WotW.  After that I didn't really bother with my other two until today.  Decided to reawaken Gust, and on my second fragment I got 10% MS for 10.  For my last one, I had originally chose Razor Wind for some reason, despite not even having the skill maxed.  Went ahead and got a reset from the store, and awakened EES.  It rolled IAS right off the bat!  Needless to say, I was pretty happy.

2016-03-22_460021015.JPG

Edited by vecte

Posted

From my own test, whatever EES awakening you choose, it only procs off the initial shot and not the umbrella.  I have +hp on hit.  It's very underwhelming. 

Posted

2 different skills with the same awakening do not stack, however, their durations are refreshed upon use. So, it comes down to play style and priority if a person wants to run 2 skills with the same awakening (ie. EES & Q using 10% IAS).

Best awakenings, IMO, are: %HP as damage, MP on hit, enemy decreased movement speed and increased attack speed. HP on hit is moreso for PvE. +4 MP on hit is good for about any skill, especially EES, WotW, Q, etc.

Here's my suggestions:

• WotW: 5% HP as damage
  • Q: 10% IAS (probably one of my favorites, so much fun)
  • Charging Wind: +Damage
  • [Siege] Descending Current: Decreased enemy movement speed
  • [PvE] Razor Wind: Crit

Avoid:

• Increased XP
  • Decrease enemy attack/crit
  • HP/MP recovery over 5s
  • Bleed/Burn

Should I bother to reroll?

2016-03-20_179020508.thumb.JPG.485fa9745

Completely up to you. Those are all decent awakening buffs, but wouldn't be my top choice for each of those specific skills. Right now, I am not rerolling Awakening abilities unless I get garbage ones. I got lucky with a couple of mine and landed the one I wanted on the first try!

Posted

spent 2 mill today trying to get good rolls on awakening, ended up with worse then I  had... stupid pointless rng, cant we just choose wich one we want... on Q got 3% xp , shotgun got some crap and AF (idk name) got some mana % to dmg I think...

Posted

spent 2 mill today trying to get good rolls on awakening, ended up with worse then I  had... stupid pointless rng, cant we just choose wich one we want... on Q got 3% xp , shotgun got some crap and AF (idk name) got some mana % to dmg I think...

Compared to berserker who are really screwed unless they get lucky or spend a lot more than you did you shouldnt feel too bad, grind another hour and repeat:D

Posted

I try for get it u think is good idea!!

• Wotw: 5% HP as damage
  • Q: 10% Slow
  • EES: Instantly MP/WP Restore by 4
  • Razor Wind: 10% Attack Speed
  • Charging Wind: +Damage

Posted (edited)

for me it's

• Wotw: 5% HP
  • Blasting: 10% AS
  • EES: 5% crit 
  • Evasive Shot: -10% movespeed
  • DC: +5 AP
  • PW: +5AP
  • Razor: +5 AP
  • Charging Wind: +5 AP (god know if this thing work with SP:CW or not)
  • Crescent kick: reduce enemy crit rate
  • Charging Kick: reduce enemy attack dmg
Edited by Inevitabilis

Posted

I want to join in mom!

• Charging Wind: Increases Attack Speed 10% for 5 Seconds
  • Penetrating Wind: +4 Ranged AP
  • Descending Current: Decreases Enemy Movement Speed 10% for 10 Seconds
  • WotW: 5% Max HP as Extra Damage
  • Evasive Shot: Increases Critical Hit Rate 5% for 5 Seconds
  • Blasting Gust: Decreases Enemy Movement Speed 10% for 5 Seconds
  • EES: Decreases Enemy Attack Speed 10% for 10 Seconds
  • Razor Wind: Increases Attack Speed 10% for 5 Seconds

I'm buying 2 full skill resets today to do some testing with U:CW and Awakenings, and then comparing the damage to SP:CW. If I figure out anything interesting, I'll share. I'm probably going to switch Evasive Shot to a 10% Attack Speed buff and aim for +5 AP buff on Charging Wind. Switching the critical hit rate bonus from Evasive Shot onto Blasting Gust, just to maintain uptime of both the personal buffs.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm buying 2 full skill resets today to do some testing with U:CW and Awakenings, and then comparing the damage to SP:CW. If I figure out anything interesting, I'll share. I'm probably going to switch Evasive Shot to a 10% Attack Speed buff and aim for +5 AP buff on Charging Wind. Switching the critical hit rate bonus from Evasive Shot onto Blasting Gust, just to maintain uptime of both the personal buffs.

Looking forward to this :)

Posted

Ill be waiting.

Personally spent a couple dozen frags to get mp on hit for ees but i'm not sure that it helps that much and might switch to attack speed which is better for damage and escaping pvp/pve.

Posted

@Ayl How is the test going? If you play on Jordine EU, let me know if i can help you.

Also i really think its hard to test this 2 skills.. as you need to hit with all arrows to make a proper test. Which most likely won't happen.

Posted

@Ayl How is the test going? If you play on Jordine EU, let me know if i can help you.

Also i really think its hard to test this 2 skills.. as you need to hit with all arrows to make a proper test. Which most likely won't happen.

Yeah, I'm having struggles finding exactly how to perform it. Just off "eyeballing" an estimate, it feels like U:CW does less than SP:CW even with the +5AP Awakening. There's not many mobs tanky enough to take a shotgun that aren't also super high HP (like the Helms Golem), as well as immobile. I might have to use a weaker weapon and test the damage on the Sausan Cannoneers. They're decently high HP, but also seem to have low DP and are immobile. 

Posted

+10% AS may be real advantage for U CW.

You will not be able to test this in single shots because shots remain the same damage, however they are 10% faster.

This can translate to +10% damage if you just spam shotgun.

+10AS only means faster "burst", it won't deal more dmg, just faster. But yes, its handy.

But you can get this AS buff with ES skill awakening and then use SP:CW.

Posted

But you can get this AS buff with ES skill awakening and then use SP:CW.

That's what I'm currently using. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What skills are better to awake first for a farm/grind and up from 50+??? should i look for MP on hit? and can any one confirm if EES awake effect happens only at the first move or at the multiple arrows to?

one last question, is "Flow: Wings of Wind" the best combo to keep using as fast mobs group kill??

thx guys

Edited by Armagedon

Posted

Yeah, I'm having struggles finding exactly how to perform it. Just off "eyeballing" an estimate, it feels like U:CW does less than SP:CW even with the +5AP Awakening. There's not many mobs tanky enough to take a shotgun that aren't also super high HP (like the Helms Golem), as well as immobile. I might have to use a weaker weapon and test the damage on the Sausan Cannoneers. They're decently high HP, but also seem to have low DP and are immobile. 

Tested U:CW vs SP:CW with a guild mate  today.

He has a +13 kzarka +15 bronze dagger. I have 130 dp. He used normal charging wind into shotgun so we both kept our positions. 1 Charge only. 10 shots with each shotguns. And he has +5 AP awakening on CW. We both are lv 55.

With SP:CW he dealt 321,6 dmg in avarage

With U:CW he dealt 315,4 dmg in avarage.

The damage difference wasn't really big as you can see.