• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

(POLL) - Should Damage text or Combat chat be implemented ?

Should Damage text or Combat chat be implemented ?    61 votes

1. 1. Should Damage text or Combat chat be implemented ?

• Yes Damage text
    • Yes Combat chat
    • I don't want both
    • I don't care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Should Damage text or Combat chat be implemented ? 

Edited by DazeR
error

Posted (edited)

Should Damage text or Combat chat be implemented ? 

I definitely want to see combat info in chat I ask about something like that in my ALPHA feedback thread, I want to know stuff as how much dmg I deal or how much dmg enemies deal to me, I want to know when my atks/skills crit also when I resist, block, evade, parry an atk all those stuff I find this absolutely necessary & I can't fathom how the game have nothing like that till now, now about the damage text you write what exactly do you mean? you mean visible numbers above our targets heads with the dmg we deal? because if that's what you mean then no I don't want to see something like that.

Edited by rpgmaniac

Posted

I definitely want to see combat info in chat I ask about something like that in my ALPHA feedback thread, I want to know stuff as how much dmg I deal or how much dmg enemies deal to me, I want to know when my atks/skills crit also when I resist, block, evade, parry an atk all those stuff I find this absolutely necessary & I can't fathom how the game have nothing like that till now, now about the damage text you write what exactly do you mean? you mean visible numbers above our targets heads with the dmg we deal? because if that's what you mean then no I don't want to see something like that.

It sounds like you want combat chat , which is one of the options in the poll. Damage text has always meant to me, the floating numbers. Combat chat or combat log appear to be what you seek.

Posted

For sure this should exist, it will be very good for testing skills and builds. Idk why many ppl voted NO =/

Posted

I wasn't a fan of this at first, way back in like 2013. I love it now. It means people aren't super anal about their builds/gear. You can go by your gut and what you enjoy doing versus "Hm, I do 12 less DPS this way... Guess I better change everything." Makes everything a little less cookie cutter. Although people generally run the same shit anyways, but the ambiguity doesn't hurt in my opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted

For sure this should exist, it will be very good for testing skills and builds. Idk why many ppl voted NO =/

I voted no because I don't want this game to be all about numbers. I've played too many games that require certain damage or dps thresholds to join parties or guilds. The game turns into just staring at numbers. Even though I know underneath it all this game is algorithms and spreadsheets, I'd like it to continue to attempt to hide that fact from me. Right now I see no numbers and I like it. 

With that in mind, I'd have no issue with something, be it text or not that better indicates a miss or parry or block or what have you. As right now it can be hard to tell if your attack even hit. I'd rather this be visual and not text based, but it may already be that way and I just can't seem to tell or read the mobs correctly.

2 people like this

Posted

It sounds like you want combat chat , which is one of the options in the poll. Damage text has always meant to me, the floating numbers. Combat chat or combat log appear to be what you seek.

Oh ok, I don't want floating numbers, it doesn't suit something like that a game like BD, but combat info on chat this is a MUST!

Posted

There is nothing wrong with that idea. The numbers in the air will make the game to look like some arcade fight for cellphone. Anyway the damage will give you zero usable information. But if it is in chat who cares.

Posted (edited)

it will make the game arcadish, but some people prefere it that way, so add an option to toggle on/off

Edited by DazeR

Posted (edited)

The above quote is not my words were did you get this from? plz remove the above quote or change the name as those words are not mine.

Edited by rpgmaniac

Posted (edited)

DELETE 

Edited by DazeR

Posted

The above quote is not my words were did you get this from? plz remove the above quote or change the name as those words are not mine

Sorry those are my words somehow it got mixed up, I was replying to you :D  

Posted (edited)

I think people have relied way too much on the numbers. Way too much. It doesn't sound very fun at all. I've relied on damage numbers very little and do just fine from trial and error, what suits my play style, and gut feeling. I hardly even look at numbers when I play.

However, I would not mind having info like if something was blocked, evaded, etc.

Edited by mythiclight

Posted

You should change "I don't want both" to "I don't want either".

The first means you want one of the two, but not the two at the same time, an exclusive OR.

The second means that you don't want any kind of damage text to be implemented into the game.

:)

Posted

I would like the combat chat. I never liked floating numbers, I have enough stuff to watch on my screen. But I would like to see how much damage im doing, and how impactful that crit I did was. So a chat option for me

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0