• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why longer exp/leveling grind in NA CBT 1?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

It appears from my 25 or so hours of NA cbt playtime that the amount of time to reach level 50 has been significantly increased as compared to the Korean version of the game. 

Where as on the Korean server it took around 18 hours to go from 1-50 (without enchanted gear to start), in NA CBT1 it seems to take at least 40+ HOURS of exp grinding.

Why was this change made? I hope it is only for the CBT's. The game really STARTS at level 50, not sure why the 1-50 process would be made longer when there's plenty of exp grind to be had at 55+ (like in Korea).

Posted

Because this isn't korea....which in all honesty is backwards as hell when you think about it. Either way I see it as a good thing (depending on how much grind makes it to the end). I don't care for grind but I also don't care for swift and easy.

Posted

I posted this on the bdo reddit and got some very mixed responses for and against the current exp curve. Here is the current top comment to help promote discussion.

"People that think level 1-50 should take long have never made a level 50 before and have no idea wtf they're talking about. They think they know how the game is meant to be played even though CBT is their first time experiencing it. 1-50 is a tutorial to learn how to play your class, what skills to use, how to chain them properly and form a rotation. That's why you have to unlock them slowly and gradually, it is helping you learn to play Once you hit level 50, the game says "ok now that you know to play, you may start the true grind! Blackstones!" And gives you dailies for decent rewards"

Posted

I'm not a huge fan of this either, but in the grand scale of things it's not that much time lost.

As long as they haven't touched 50-60... That shit is already bad enough.

Posted

I'm not a huge fan of this either, but in the grand scale of things it's not that much time lost.

As long as they haven't touched 50-60... That shit is already bad enough.

This is probably my biggest fear. If you carry over the current rate and the way it increases to 50+ that will be really really bad.

Posted

This is probably my biggest fear. If you carry over the current rate and the way it increases to 50+ that will be really really bad.

Unfortunately the RU version is the most bad version to level above 50, it's nearly impossible.

Posted

I don't know about the 50-60 side of things yet. But the 1-50 in my opinion shouldn't be any faster than it is. I currently have more quests than I know what to do with that I'm out leveling. At the same time I've been reading a lot here and on other sites about the 50-60 range, with that in mind, they should NOT make 50-60 any longer in any way. 1-50 though I'd like to take my time and not out level everything.

Posted

Lo you're pathetic insert brain. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know about the 50-60 side of things yet. But the 1-50 in my opinion shouldn't be any faster than it is. I currently have more quests than I know what to do with that I'm out leveling. At the same time I've been reading a lot here and on other sites about the 50-60 range, with that in mind, they should NOT make 50-60 any longer in any way. 1-50 though I'd like to take my time and not out level everything.

Quests have almost nothing to do with leveling though. That's like saying, "I don't think it should be any faster than it is. I have way too many fishing rods as it is."

Posted

Quests have almost nothing to do with leveling though. That's like saying, "I don't think it should be any faster than it is. I have way too many fishing rods as it is."

They don't? Because I'm under the impression that they ask me to engage mobs or go through local areas that as of right now I'm over leveling which means I stumble over a mob for the quest and its dead before I even knew it was for the quest. I've seen this argument before and don't understand it in any way. Even if the quests don't level you, they do have quest levels, you can over level the area, and the leveling speed and quest speed should run parallel one another weather or not the quests actually level you.

Posted

I cant find the source, but the majority of people wished for slower lvling because apparently it was too fast. So they got what they wished for.

Posted

They don't? Because I'm under the impression that they ask me to engage mobs or go through local areas that as of right now I'm over leveling which means I stumble over a mob for the quest and its dead before I even knew it was for the quest. I've seen this argument before and don't understand it in any way. Even if the quests don't level you, they do have quest levels, you can over level the area, and the leveling speed and quest speed should run parallel one another weather or not the quests actually level you.

Which is why I said "almost nothing." Don't use your inability to complete quests in an efficient and timely manner as an argument for or against leveling speed, please. Thank you. :) 

Posted

Which is why I said "almost nothing." Don't use your inability to complete quests in an efficient and timely manner as an argument for or against leveling speed, please. Thank you. :) 

I don't believe it should be looked at as efficient or inefficient though I also don't believe I openly used that as an excuse either. So what it feels like you're trying to tell me is, because I don't run passed everything that isn't directly connected to the current quest I'm on and don't directly follow the best leveling route laid out by the current guides I'm playing the game wrong and my opinion no longer counts. Am I correct in that? I guess my counter to that is "Don't use your burn to the end of the game and avoid all distractions approach as an argument against the leveling speed please?"

Posted

I don't believe it should be looked at as efficient or inefficient though I also don't believe I openly used that as an excuse either. So what it feels like you're trying to tell me is, because I don't run passed everything that isn't directly connected to the current quest I'm on and don't directly follow the best leveling route laid out by the current guides I'm playing the game wrong and my opinion no longer counts. Am I correct in that? I guess my counter to that is "Don't use your burn to the end of the game and avoid all distractions approach as an argument against the leveling speed please?"

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm debunking your argument from the post you made you made your original argument from. See:

I've leveled many characters to 50 since 2013, and not once--even in KR where you level significantly faster--have I ever felt that I was being held back level-wise by the amount of quests that I had. Basically all I'm saying is your argument is invalid, and not in the meme sense. Genuinely not trying to be rude.

This whole discussion really boils down to opinion and speculation on how a given curve will affect the player population on launch and beyond. Trying to incorporate logic into the discussion is folly. I guess that's what I'm really trying to say.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0