• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why was the pvp unlock changed from 49 to 45 in EU/NA?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Not complaining, just curious.

I tried some searching for the answer, but getting so lost in all the complaints and pvp vs pve turd throwing matches... the only result being that I felt like I really needed another long shower instead of finding any clue as to why they found the change was needed.

It seems a rather weird change considering the fact that leveling, if you so desire, can be very fast and while you can prevent getting 50 thanks to a quest, you can't prevent crossing that lvl 45 threshold that easily.

Posted

At one point, it was supposed to be level 20.

Posted

During CBT1 PVP unlock level was 30, pushed up in CBT2 and release. I have yet to find official reasons as to why they chose to do so... It's true that lvl 49 would make sens since there's this unlocking of 50 through quest one can chose to do or not to do.

5 people like this

Posted

It makes sense for beta testing to have pvp at low level so you can check the effects easier. It doesn't seem to make sense after release though, especially when you make it just a few levels lower. I hope someone found out if they ever gave a reason to the public or if they kept it to themselves. The information they give out seem extremely limited.

Posted (edited)

they changed it to pander to the angry members of the community that are low skilled and like easy targets. The PVP unlock should work the same way it does overseas, but you'll get flamed for suggesting that. It worked perfectly fine the way it was. The quest's purpose was to prevent you from accidentally enabling PVP, the EU/NA version have no such safety mechanism.

I hear about people confused players daily that didn't understand why they suddenly are targets, and asking how do they prevent it. Sadly there is nothing they can do anymore.

the current system will only make Daum lose money in the long run as people who don't care for this mechanic will simply quit. If Daum had the proper warning in place, some players would probably stay 49 indefinitely or until they felt prepared for PVP. I'm sure there is a large community of players that wouldn't mind staying at 49 and opting out of combat in general, instead focusing on other systems in the game to keep them busy.

It would be fantastic if they would return to the original well thought out design that PA original implemented, but Daum EU doesn't do things logically. 

Edited by Luciferia
22 people like this

Posted

they changed it to pander to the angry members of the community that are low skilled and like easy targets. The PVP unlock should work the same way it does overseas, but you'll get flamed for suggesting that. It worked perfectly fine the way it was. The quest's purpose was to prevent you from accidentally enabling PVP, the EU/NA version have no such safety mechanism.

I hear about people confused players daily that didn't understand why they suddenly are targets, and asking how do they prevent it. Sadly there is nothing they can do anymore.

the current system will only make Daum lose money in the long run as people who don't care for this mechanic will simply quit. If Daum had the proper warning in place, some players would probably stay 49 indefinitely or until they felt prepared for PVP. I'm sure there is a large community of players that wouldn't mind staying at 49 and opting out of combat in general, instead focusing on other systems in the game to keep them busy.

It would be fantastic if they would return to the original well thought out design that PA original implemented, but Daum EU doesn't do things logically. 

I don't understand why the made this change either. It's only 4 levels and it just doesn't make any sense. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I for one wish they would put it back to unlock at 50. I like the idea of staying 49 to do Life Professions instead of PvP. 

I'm not against PvP by any means, but I want it to be able to control it a bit on my part. Let me power up my gear to better match my opponents. Then I'll cross into the PvP zone when ready. Especially since I have been gaining most of my lvls from profession quests, my gear is severely under powered to even stand a chance. And if I'm out gathering, wearing gathering clothing, at 1 DP, they could literally flick their finger at me and I'll be dead. Let me cross into the levels of PvP when I am ready, instead of just forcing it.

Edited by NS4701
4 people like this

Posted

I wish there was better info on this too. I hit 45 and my name now shows blue, but I do not have the crossed sword icon the internet tells me I should have to be able to enable PVP? Is that because I did not do the unlock quest yet? How can I be killed if I cannot flag for PVP?

Posted

I wish there was better info on this too. I hit 45 and my name now shows blue, but I do not have the crossed sword icon the internet tells me I should have to be able to enable PVP? Is that because I did not do the unlock quest yet? How can I be killed if I cannot flag for PVP?

alt c or you can enable the pvp icon in ui settings.

1 person likes this

Posted

the current system will only make Daum lose money in the long run as people who don't care for this mechanic will simply quit

This is a horrible argument. Here's why:

One could say they could increase the number of customers by making it a tab targeting skill rotation game. And they'd be right. Games like FFXIV and WoW have millions upon millions of players using this method. So why is Black Desert some combination of key combo/action combat instead?

Here's the reason for both mechanics:

Its the kind of game the developers wished to make. You can't please everyone. You can't make a game appeal to everyone. You choose a genre, a type, and a theme and roll with it. People will either like it or not. There's no simply inbetween that sort of pleases everyone. The current system won't please everyone. Some will quit. But many will quit if you change it. So who's more valuable? The people who don't like the current system, or the ones who do?

Posted (edited)

So higher levels can gank lower levels. That's about the only reason I can think of. Should've just been unlocked at 50 like it is in other regions. 

Edited by M_Hikami
3 people like this

Posted

Ugghhhh another example of players complaining and demanding to change the game to suit THEIR wants. If Daum keeps this up and keeps making such stupid changes, they will lose players.

Posted

This is a horrible argument. Here's why:

One could say they could increase the number of customers by making it a tab targeting skill rotation game. And they'd be right. Games like FFXIV and WoW have millions upon millions of players using this method. So why is Black Desert some combination of key combo/action combat instead?

Here's the reason for both mechanics:

Its the kind of game the developers wished to make. You can't please everyone. You can't make a game appeal to everyone. You choose a genre, a type, and a theme and roll with it. People will either like it or not. There's no simply inbetween that sort of pleases everyone. The current system won't please everyone. Some will quit. But many will quit if you change it. So who's more valuable? The people who don't like the current system, or the ones who do?

The main thing to remember though, is that the developers decided it should be a quest at lvl 49, but Daum Europe decided it should be lowered to 45. The question is... why?

5 people like this

Posted

They changed it so people could gank lowbies...no other reason...

Posted (edited)

Pearl Abyss is who originally set the design. daum EU requested a change to pander to a small group. It was poorly thought out and many players are discovering this themselves.

I trust PA over Daum EU. Daum EU doesn't care one way or the other. They only did it to have another item they can list as a westernized feature.

Ultimately they will care about keeping a healthy playerbase and not losing players needlessly.

The pvp quest at 50 has no detriment to the health of Pvp.

Leaving it as is is harmful to the overall game including pvp.

on phone would expand

Edited by Luciferia
5 people like this

Posted

So higher levels can gank lower levels. That's about the only reason I can think of. Should've just been unlocked at 50 like it is in other regions. 

agree tho, since at least lvl 50 is when everyone is supposed to have "same gear power" I would personaly have prefered so see pvp locked until 50.

But they also could, before 50, just have set a on / off pvp choice like many game ( and just set some more "hardcore rule" where if you turn on pvp before 50 you are stuck like that during a whole week or something )

Like that everyone could have been happy.

but anyway.

Posted (edited)

I cannot for the life of me think why they moved it from 50 when the quest blocking you at fifty makes it so obvious the game was designed for fifty and for people to have the *CHOICE*. The current setup takes away the choice and will drive people away in droves once the casuals start getting to that level.

I don't believe it's a conspiracy, or even a preference for one type of game over another. Sometimes these companies just make stupid decisions. Been around long enough, you see it all the time.

=================

This game is strange, is trying to be both things to both camps and really they should have just had half the channels PVE only, and the rest a PK'ers/PVP players delight. This current setup is a compromise and a stupid one as well. They are wasting some great new game mechanisms on both sides of a player-base where 50% (or whatever the split is) don't appreciate the other sides. Absolute waste.

Edited by Keth
3 people like this

Posted

So that I can murder lower levels that try to take mobs when I'm grinding out a guild quest. Get out of my orcs while we kill 7k real quick.

Posted

From the combination of what is here. Basically Daum made the change to appease a minority of players that prefer PvP in the sense of being a PK'er. They made Karma loss lower as well so you can kill more players before going red. 

The game was designed for and around Guild versus Guild, as said by PA. OWPvP was allowed for certain instances of RP and retaliation against PvE greifing players and not the Griefing / PK'ers that you find in NA/EU. 

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Did Daum Europe ever give a real, or any for that matter, answer regarding pvp or is it all guess work because of changes they made without saying why?

Edited by Nighenhale

Posted

Well seeing that Mr. Jouska who was apparently well known AA player and we all know what that garbage game is about, is CM for Daum, I dont doubt how appeasing that minority of PK players came to be 9_9 

1 person likes this

Posted

So that I can murder lower levels that try to take mobs when I'm grinding out a guild quest. Get out of my orcs while we kill 7k real quick.

Not defending the change, but I wonder if this is exactly the reason for it. 49's can grind xp/loot in high level areas and since they can't be killed they are immovable competition against lvl 50+ players. Lvl 45's on the other hand would have a harder time grinding those areas efficiently and would need to shift to more productive areas.

Posted (edited)

Its the kind of game the developers wished to make.

No it isn't. The devs had it the way I mentioned. The Publisher changed it because "our market is more hardcore" And I don't see the argument that true PvP crowd will leave if they can't fight people 49 or less.  Many of these hard core folks are 55 already. Are you seriously suggesting they can't wait for characters to hit 50?

The players that aren't willing to wait are going to leave anyway. they are only here for cheap shots. Great for the community!

This game is strange, is trying to be both things to both camps and really they should have just had half the channels PVE only, and the rest a PK'ers/PVP players delight. 

With the original mechanism in place, a pve/pvp channel split was not needed. it allowed both to coexist on the same server with no issues. It also allowed those who may want to take a bit longer to get to PvP to do so comfortably.

The game was designed for and around Guild versus Guild, as said by PA. OWPvP was allowed for certain instances of RP and retaliation against PvE greifing players and not the Griefing / PK'ers that you find in NA/EU. 

That is correct, but you can't convince people of this because it goes against their agenda. This change is only in our region, why did it work in the first 3? However PA is very interested in our money and Daum EU convinced them this made sense, even though it does not.

Not defending the change, but I wonder if this is exactly the reason for it. 49's can grind xp/loot in high level areas and since they can't be killed they are immovable competition against lvl 50+ players. Lvl 45's on the other hand would have a harder time grinding those areas efficiently and would need to shift to more productive areas.

There will be a point, very soon when they add new content. The 50+ crowd will mostly be past these pre lvl 50 content and pre 50 players won't be in their way long. Sure guild quests are random, but you will be spending a lot of your time in the 51+ zones and not the current 50 zones because there will be reasons for you to move past them. 

Edited by Luciferia
edit nvm
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Have to agree with this watched that pee and moan thread for over a week between beta's

And I also think they will loose money in the long run or short term if they allow this to continue

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted

No it isn't. The devs had it the way I mentioned. The Publisher changed it because "our market is more hardcore" And I don't see the argument that true PvP crowd will leave if they can't fight people 49 or less.  Many of these hard core folks are 55 already. Are you seriously suggesting they can't wait for characters to hit 50?

The players that aren't willing to wait are going to leave anyway. they are only here for cheap shots. Great for the community!

With the original mechanism in place, a pve/pvp channel split was not needed. it allowed both to coexist on the same server with no issues. It also allowed those who may want to take a bit longer to get to PvP to do so comfortably.

That is correct, but you can't convince people of this because it goes against their agenda. This change is only in our region, why did it work in the first 3? However PA is very interested in our money and Daum EU convinced them this made sense, even though it does not.

There will be a point, very soon when they add new content. The 50+ crowd will mostly be past these pre lvl 50 content and pre 50 players won't be in their way long. Sure guild quests are random, but you will be spending a lot of your time in the 51+ zones and not the current 50 zones because there will be reasons for you to move past them. 

Please tell me Daum Europe did not tell Pearl Abyss that we are more hardcore here in the West when it comes to gaming...

When I think of the most hardcore country regarding competitive gaming I only think one nation and that is Korea! I always read about how insanely hardcore they are over there and Daum Europe actually said that the West is even more hardcore?!

Please tell me this isn't so!

1 person likes this