• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why was the pvp unlock changed from 49 to 45 in EU/NA?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Ugghhhh another example of players complaining and demanding to change the game to suit THEIR wants. If Daum keeps this up and keeps making such stupid changes, they will lose players.

You mean like all the whiney American redneck NRA supporters who have got changes to the game because they didn't like the original vision of PA?

Funny ole world eh?

Posted

A huge part of the success of WoW as well was the both that at the time it were released, there were quite limited completion compared to today, and again Warcraft was already a universe ppl knew and loved as well

Ah, the times when we fought in , the Barrens and hilsbrad foothills.

Posted

Alot of people in KR would get to 49 not do the quest to advance to 50 for the sole purpose of grinding Skill points and silver. THe reason was to be a bit more competitive when they did turn fifty.

Grinding out 100 -300 Skill points and upgrading gear.

It was a good feature for someone who came to the game late

And that is the best option, imo. I really dont care if someone will gank my lvl 12 alt if it happens I run her someplace out of the town. I would like to have option to make my main character as best as possible before I want to go out PvP though. As it is I wont even bother. 

Posted

Saw a few posts on GvG, could've sworn no matter what if you were a GvG you could be killed. Doesn't matter if you're 45+ or under, I've also gotten response from the support stating that even those protected from GvG can still be killed if flagged on by the opposing guild (which does and doesn't make sense). So I've very confused about this. The information is vague and worded strangely, even for EU English.

Posted

They just want you to buy more Eleon tears

Posted

This is a horrible argument. Here's why:

One could say they could increase the number of customers by making it a tab targeting skill rotation game. And they'd be right. Games like FFXIV and WoW have millions upon millions of players using this method. So why is Black Desert some combination of key combo/action combat instead?

Here's the reason for both mechanics:

Its the kind of game the developers wished to make. You can't please everyone. You can't make a game appeal to everyone. You choose a genre, a type, and a theme and roll with it. People will either like it or not. There's no simply inbetween that sort of pleases everyone. The current system won't please everyone. Some will quit. But many will quit if you change it. So who's more valuable? The people who don't like the current system, or the ones who do?

Actually the developers had a much different system before Daum EU became the western publisher.  Even Daum KR left pvp alone.  Developers set it at 50. Daum EU changed it to 45. 

Posted

Thanks for all the replies. but sadly nobody has been able to say why they changed it.

Plenty ideas on why, but no confirmation of any sort of why Baum made this decision. I appreciate the guesswork, but I would love a link to an official statement from Daum, be it in text, audio or video...

Maybe I should add @CM_Jouska

Posted

Why  the NA  community  are a bunch of carebears? 

Is like u cant handle in game a pvp and only cry irl u must sucks or be a traitor when friends needs helps no? hahaha

After uo l2 wow , all the next players become  pussycats Q:Q moar. 

Carebears u always can chek hellokityonline.com y know?

Posted

Why  the NA  community  are a bunch of carebears? 

Is like u cant handle in game a pvp and only cry irl u must sucks or be a traitor when friends needs helps no? hahaha

After uo l2 wow , all the next players become  pussycats Q:Q moar. 

Carebears u always can chek hellokityonline.com y know?

This topic is not about avoiding pvp, or "carebear" as you put it, but the question why they moved it a few levels lower.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies. but sadly nobody has been able to say why they changed it.

Plenty ideas on why, but no confirmation of any sort of why Baum made this decision. I appreciate the guesswork, but I would love a link to an official statement from Daum, be it in text, audio or video...

Maybe I should add @CM_Jouska

For someone who is leveling my 3rd character to lvl 50+ I actually applaud the change. Most mobs are soo broken when it comes to gaining karma back fast that I can jump right into pvp with an alt early on vs the same level/gear and have fun early on. This also allows me to practice a class I have never played before at high lvl in pvp at lvl 45. (So I can ditch it before lvl 49 if I don't like the playstyle)

From a non pvper mindset their might be more negatives than positive's to this change. But what Daum really want I think is to have everyone 'practice' early on to defend themselves and start to 'enjoy' the pvp (therefore more $$ from eleon tears). As when Valencia is released and soft cap is raised PvP/pking will get soooooo out of hand due to the decrease in karma penalties/new outlaw cities, you will have to learn how to defend yourself in ANY area on ANY server vs even higher lvls/+20 gear. If you don't like it now, it will get 20x worse (see what I did thar) when Valencia is released.

My advice, stick with it, try to enjoy lower lvl pvp, work on good gear early on, use things like 'V' effectively and /rescue to your advantage. You might actually learn to like it. 

Edited by CAKE

Posted

Yay learning to love being ganked.

1 person likes this

Posted

You might actually learn to like it. 

You should never have to "learn to like" a game.  It isn't like you are starving, and you need to "learn to like" eating rats.

If games aren't fun, people stop playing.  You want non-PvP'ers to "learn to like" being the content you use to amuse yourself, but that's not how this works.

I already know people who are intentionally slowing down their leveling to avoid 45; my guess is, with the system as it is, many of those people will quit.  If we had the system in place in other regions, at least they would know that they will never be forced to join the PvP target pool unless they choose to.

1 person likes this