• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blatant cash grabs are a major turn off

170 posts in this topic

Posted

I have only been playing for a couple weeks, but have discovered a number of things that have seriously pissed me off. Instead of wall-o-text I will just bullet point:

• In game armor drops are intentionally drab. Looking at what the NPC's are wearing it is obvious this was a "pearl shop" decision on the developers part
  • You cannot have a visible helmet without a hefty investment in real world cash.
  • There is no area loot system in the game, even though the developers obviously have the skill to do this easily. Your only option to work around this is to buy a cash only pet, although most recommend at least 3. if anyone has the gall to complain about this the fanbois start screaming "go back to <insert other mmo here> if you want easy mode! We hit R a thousand times a minute like REAL men!"
  • did you buy every skill that popped up when you were a new player? Well its $9 per mistake to remedy this, sorry we didn't mention it during the tutorial. Have fun  un-screwing your character!
  • Want a better pet? Well sonny all you have to do is buy two of the same species at $10 a piece, breed them together (losing both because breeding causes death, that makes sense) and maybe if the stars are aligned you will get 1 pet out of it that's one degree high, and a random sex to boot. Care to do the math on how much it would actually cost to get a tier 3 pet?
  • Like pvp? Want in a high end pvp clan? Don't want to shell out $30 for a gille suit? GFL

I know I am shouting into the void here, but letting a developer get away with this kinda crap because the come from a different country where this is acceptable is beyond fanboi. It is absolutely absurd. Why am I bothering to post about this? Because I love the gameplay itself and I REALLY want this game to do well in the western market. It has great mechanics, and horrible itemization. Which is pretty much the exact opposite of what we have seen in the past 10 years.
Please let me know if I am wrong on any of the above points. As everyone knows this game is not exactly easily learned, even after numerous hours of researching via youtube and wiki's.

If I had known about even two of the above points before I bought it and played awhile I likely would not have, and I have been warning my friends and coworkers who ask. Not out of spite, but to prevent them from the same level of nerd rage I am experiencing at the moment.

/rant

49 people like this

Posted

d466905bd8c2f1a084ea082d165018741032f1d8

4 people like this

Posted

You people don't know what blatant cash grabs are until you've played Age of Wushu. Cosmetic effects don't mean *bleep* if you don't want to look like a peasant...i guess you better have the money to buy the rich people stuff.

2 people like this

Posted

dress.thumb.jpg.ae3053b1efe4ab2bee2940da

You can at least make a couple outfits in game.

4 people like this

Posted

Currently no pet breeding system, free skill reset at 45, and how many poor people in the Middle Ages had armor and helmets? 😉

Couldnt resist lol

3 people like this

Posted

You need to update with Elion's Tears. They could get as much as 1,500,000 dollars per world boss per month with NA sever alone.

Later with PvP and GvG during World Boss, it will be as high up as 10,000,000 dollars. I would tempt to do this if I want more profits for my company.

1 person likes this

Posted

You get a full skill reset at level 45. Just fyi.

Not gonna argue the other points. Just a tidbit of help.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can, but it would be nice if they went in the cosmetic slot rather than replacing your gear. As it stands now they're only good for hanging around town in.

Posted

dress.thumb.jpg.ae3053b1efe4ab2bee2940da

I need this. Is it hard to craft?

1 person likes this

Posted

Currently no pet breeding system, free skill reset at 45, and how many poor people in the Middle Ages had armor and helmets? 😉

Couldnt resist lol

Sorry? Pet Breeding will be using the new KR update which you can stack 5% of up to 20% xp PER PET.

Skill reset is per account, but people will buy once Awakening is in.

As for realism of wealth in Middle Ages, Have you seen a high level warriors going around in shabby armor? If you are so skill, you would rake in more cash than anyone and own lands with your slaves (We have this) and have at least a status of NOBILITY.

Posted

Did not know about the skill reset at 45, this is the first place I have seen it to be honest. And I have spent many on the clock hours at work reading everything I could =P

Posted (edited)

You can, but it would be nice if they went in the cosmetic slot rather than replacing your gear. As it stands now they're only good for hanging around town in.

Actually, the game HAVE item to transform "normal" stuff into costumes. But DAUM didn't answered when everyone asked for it and when we'll got it.

Imho, they'll be in the cashshop.

Edited by Mâk
2 people like this

Posted

Not for combat, if you want to die a quick death, wear this. I once forgot to switch it to my armor and it doesn't turn out well at all....

Posted (edited)

A bit time consuming. 7 rubies, 30 Flax Fabrics, and the tailor rescipe from amity game with Merv(I think is her name) the tailor in Calpheon.

Here's the stats on the dress. Though currently it fits in equipment slot, it'll eventually be able to be turned in to a costume with some coupon somewhere.

(FOR some reason the cat image isn't going away O-o)

dress.png

cat.png

Edited by Tittsune

Posted

Did not know about the skill reset at 45, this is the first place I have seen it to be honest. And I have spent many on the clock hours at work reading everything I could =P

All good. Check the "tasks" tab at you character screen. Lots of level up and time played rewards. You get a free dog or cat for 3000hours played lol. Doesnt help much but eventually.  Also its rumoured the ghillie and fish suit will eventually be craftable.

Posted (edited)

I just want to be pretty when I'm sitting around town ○:

Edited by Xhexania
2 people like this

Posted

5/7 thread , was fun would read again.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yo, I know a solution that would kind of help daum AND us....

Make farmable cosmetic outfits that go in the Outfit/Costume section. Make them have poor durability, and get bloody/destroyed over time. Now you have temporary armor diversity, that is semi-permanent, but is still not as attractive or valuable as cash shop armors.

It helps daum because now you won't actually feel obligated to pay to look good, which increases good rep, which increases playerbase, which means more money.

Edited by Psalm
3 people like this

Posted

I just want to be pretty when I'm sitting around town ○:

There's a couple other costumes too.

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/14213/

The Garner Traveling Costume isn't for witches, unfortunately, but seems to be for the other classes.

Posted

• In game armor drops are intentionally drab. Looking at what the NPC's are wearing it is obvious this was a "pearl shop" decision on the developers part
    -Subjective, but fair enough.

• You cannot have a visible helmet without a hefty investment in real world cash.
    But... I had a hat since word go...?

• There is no area loot system in the game, even though the developers obviously have the skill to do this easily. Your only option to work around this is to buy a cash only pet, although most recommend at least 3. if anyone has the gall to complain about this the fanbois start screaming "go back to <insert other mmo here> if you want easy mode! We hit R a thousand times a minute like REAL men!"

Optional pets are optional... This is far from the only game that doesn't have area looting, I wouldn't even say that's a standard mmo feature.

• did you buy every skill that popped up when you were a new player? Well its $9 per mistake to remedy this, sorry we didn't mention it during the tutorial. Have fun  un-screwing your character!

You get a free one at 45 on every character plus a free one the first time you hit 45

• Want a better pet? Well sonny all you have to do is buy two of the same species at $10 a piece, breed them together (losing both because breeding causes death, that makes sense) and maybe if the stars are aligned you will get 1 pet out of it that's one degree high, and a random sex to boot. Care to do the math on how much it would actually cost to get a tier 3 pet?

Not a feature in the game, it may or may not be the case down the line, we're not sure. Not really getting how you can be critical of something that's not here.

• Like pvp? Want in a high end pvp clan? Don't want to shell out $30 for a gille suit? GFL

Bullshit forum hype. There are some guilds that require it, sure, and they're douchers. There's plenyt of high end pvp guilds with no such requirement.
2 people like this

Posted

you can get a pet as an achievement award, just takes time
you can buy skill resets with loyalty points, again it just takes time

Posted (edited)

you can get a pet as an achievement award, just takes time

Yes and in only 208 Days and 8 Hours!

Edited by Asmodeus
2 people like this

Posted

. . . 

If I had known about even two of the above points before I bought it and played awhile I likely would not have, and I have been warning my friends and coworkers who ask. Not out of spite, but to prevent them from the same level of nerd rage I am experiencing at the moment.

/rant

and you are expecting everyone to have the same expectation as you in your nerd rage ? different people have different interests in games. This game offers a lot of contents to keep you busy and addicted to it for a long time. Not to mention we didn't get get half the contents for this game out there in the KR server. This game has different areas that will keep different types of gamers interested in it. If i was to give advise to any of my friends i would first understand the issues and see the good with the bad and give a non biased opinion. You didn't even explore the game fully to see what it offers and hence your rage. But to turn people off just because of your nerd rage is exactly doing it out of spite. 

Posted (edited)

Bullshit forum hype. There are some guilds that require it, sure, and they're douchers. There's plenyt of high end pvp guilds with no such requirement.

Considering the suit advantage only found in the cash shop, its not just a "hype" that just a fact.

And its not like you had somes player having it admitting the suit is kinda OP, so like other said that they bought it because its sort of nearly necessary. ( or even feeled like HAVING to buy it )

Whatever if someone with a ghillie isnt immortal and still not have 100% pvp win "chance" that still something that should be found in a cash shop where devs said it would NOT have p2w stuff.

And its even more bad because it concern pvp. IF that was only for pve, well then fine, at least other player experience wouldnt be changed.

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

Just reality considering the suit advantage only found in the cash shop, its not just a "hype" that just a fact.

No the bullshit forum hype is that you need one to get into a high end guild; do try to pay attention to context.