• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Concern about Legion stealing players

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I think BDO came out at a great time when there really wasnt anything else promising coming out on the MMO market...but that said WoW is having another xpac it looks like late summer.  I'm a little worried that we are going to end up seeing a drop in players when that happens, really hope I am wrong about this :(

Posted

Hahahahahaha.

*breathes*

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, anyone who drops BDO to play Legion deserves it.

14 people like this

Posted

I think BDO came out at a great time when there really wasnt anything else promising coming out on the MMO market...but that said WoW is having another xpac it looks like late summer.  I'm a little worried that we are going to end up seeing a drop in players when that happens, really hope I am wrong about this :(

No one is going back to WoW.

WoW players that ended up in BDO and didn't quit after 30 minutes are not going back.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't think it's going to be a problem. If they drop the game because of WoW, then it's their loss, really. 

Posted (edited)

WoW players that ended up in BDO and didn't quit after 30 minutes are not going back.

I wouldn't be all to sure about that, there are quite a few MMO players these days that just hop games between WoW expansions.

Personally, I doubt the majority of players that are here right now will still be playing BDO by he time Legion rolls around, though... not because of Legion, mind you, but because they get bored an leave on their own... this game is very niche.

Edited by WarBaby2
2 people like this

Posted

you should stop worrying about such pointless things in your life

Posted

I am sad that I can't refund Legion - I am not going back.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a former WoW player myself, I can say that this could easily happen to some players since they "just want to try the new xpac" then gets stuck in it and quit BDO, however I don't think this will happen enough that we will notice any huge player drop, I wouldn't worry if I were you. :)

Posted

so they leave then what ? finish the expension in a month because the game turned so damn casual then comes back to Black Desert . yay huge loss , not.

As a former WoW player myself, I can say that this could easily happen to some players since they "just want to try the new xpac" then gets stuck in it and quit BDO, however I don't think this will happen enough that we will notice any huge player drop, I wouldn't worry if I were you. :)

for how long. wow players go back for 1-2months finish the '' raiding '' get their gears and leave again untill next expension.

Posted

so they leave then what ? finish the expension in a month because the game turned so damn casual then comes back to Black Desert . yay huge loss , not.

for how long. wow players go back for 1-2months finish the '' raiding '' get their gears and leave again untill next expension.

Well I play mostly PvP, and since Legion is changing a lot of things apparently, the PvP and Honor system as well, got atleast me pretty intressted, but I have losen all hope for WoW so I'm pretty sure I won't go back at all. But I get your point.

Posted

I hope you all are right, I love BDO and don't wanna see it falter :D

Posted (edited)

It lost it's charm after Wotlk. Only reason to play WoW now is within private vanilla servers.

Edited by Frindis

Posted

The game will lose players at different intervals. BDO launched at a great time, there are no AAA MMOs on the horizon however there are the typically MMO hoppers who will play for a month or 2 then return to their old game or something else once the newness wears off.  .

Legion will pull people in that have played with a group of friends for a long time to join up again and have fun as each xpac for WoW typically does. Some will return, some wont. Hopefully there will continue to be new players trickling in through out this time. There is no use worrying about it

Of course we'll lose players who dont like x,y,z as well if we embrace every player and encourage them to take part in all the game has to offer, no matter the type of player hopefully they will stay or return. Any player leaving long term is not good for the game.

If we develop a solid community with helpful people, guilds and build the bonds that people love in MMOs, they will always come back to hang with friends they've made in the game. Help someone today or be empathetic to their concerns and it could bring in a player tomorrow. 

Posted

I just quit wow recently to come to BDO, I may try legion but I don't see myself sticking around on it. Blizzard have lost the WoW magic tbh, shit is a circus. Demon hunter will be imbalanced as ----- and break pvp again for 2 years.

No point, i'm done with their shit, Never changes.

Posted

Story of my life.

1 person likes this

Posted

doubtful i have 1year sub and legion....don't think i'll touch it now

1 person likes this

Posted

Is World of Warcraft still relevant?

Posted

World of What ? is that a new mmo ? i never heard about that.

fIDIvxlvMJVN4l535RG5PwNPb25lT6vqiOc6Qjhm

On a serious note, if somes ppl are going back to WoW, who care ? But i pretty sure it would never hurt that game tho.

Posted

I'm buying Legion collector edition

for the artbook, not installing the game

2 people like this

Posted

There most certainly will be a drop for a few weeks. But WoW expansions never last that long as the content just isnt there to keep the majority of players around for longer. Happens every expansion. People leave and join back for the new expansion, the warcraft universe is awesome after all.

Posted

No reason to be afraid.

wowexpansions_550.jpg

rmx-new-world-of-warcraft-expansion_o_946655.jpg

4329217.jpg

baf91cb355f9adf96cb79d3feca504cebcb85129cfd1cc7c93eefc714d0a6472_1.jpg

Posted

Why make s forum post about such a topic`? I dont get it

Posted

Didn't even know what legion was....

Now that I do I'm going to block any further comments you make.

Posted

I wouldn't be all to sure about that, there are quite a few MMO players these days that just hop games between WoW expansions.

Personally, I doubt the majority of players that are here right now will still be playing BDO by he time Legion rolls around, though... not because of Legion, mind you, but because they get bored an leave on their own... this game is very niche.

Those aren't MMO players. 

As I said, if they didn't quick Black Desert in 30 minutes, they aren't going back to WoW.

Posted

Those aren't MMO players. 

As I said, if they didn't quick Black Desert in 30 minutes, they aren't going back to WoW.

Since the release of WoW, they are... that's the impact the game had on the market. Without those ~10 mil players hopping between WOW and other MMO's regularly, the market - heck, the concept - would have been dead and buried years ago.