• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Whats with all these Gold Spammers that Daum promised wouldn't be here?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, first of all I have to say that I love this game. And, I'm one of the many that wants P2P trading enabled because my RL family and I are crafters and PVE players.

It was my understanding that the main reason that Player to Player trading was not in game was to keep all the Gold sellers out and not spam us to death. Well, thats not happening. I guess I've been lucky because I haven't seen any since launch until a few days ago. Now, I cannot even read what anyone is saying because the spam just scrolls and scrolls and scrolls! 

Yes, I know that there is a Block button, but thats not the point. The point is that we have no trading to keep the Gold Sellers and Spammers away. Well, since you cannot keep the spammers out, PLEASE give us P2P trading. Spammers will always be here no matter what you do so why penalize us for the lack of control you ( Daum ) have?

How many others feel this way also?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I love player vs player trading, I have been a rich player in various mmo creating my niche markets between crafting and trading, I completely love this aspect, yet in this game this element has no place, the core of the game is structure in a way that needs completely overhaul of many systems to work and the whole itemisation system and values, which would like create half game from scratch again. Not going to happen. This might be a wasted potential as the game is clearly geared towards free trading in various aspects, but core decisions were made at the time and the whole game depends on that now. Any sort of free trading in the game as it currently stands is recipe for disaster.

The amount of RMT and spamming, if you open the market would get to incredible level that could not even imagine, and the big boys would get into the game, instead of current small potatoes trying to make some little side money here and there with some scams. While right now is on check as there is not much they can sell other than some scams. Once the hype dies out, population shrinks to a more stable level, they will go away to more profitable games.

Edited by Onetyper

Posted

The thing is, the spammers we have right now are SCAMMERs. 

With no player trade it is impossible for a gold seller to give you their wares. What we have left is websites using stolen credit cards to trick you into thinking its cheaper to buy Pearls from them and then thanks to the keyloggers on their site you visited, you lose your account and they get another free account to spam adverts with, not to mention access to your credit card information to scam someone else with. 

You'll never stop those scammers, there are no measures Daum or Pearl Abyss could take to prevent idiots from giving away their account information. 

2 people like this

Posted

This is a good reason to keep the pressure on Daum. Unlike other issues floating around in the forum cesspool. 

Posted (edited)

You'll never stop those scammers, there are no measures Daum or Pearl Abyss could take to prevent idiots from giving away their account information. 

Exactly, just like scams from Nigeria when antispam filter weren't that sophisticated. Scammers will go away once things start to get stable and new games will come out. Daum from this perspective has been nearly flawless in their execution. A step above every average Korean company that has been doing business here.

Most of the ones who are pro free trading here, either are selfish asking for it just because enjoy that aspect without evaluating deep effects, or a just plain simple goldseller newbies themselves who are keep to get this opened so they can their business as the game is on its prime time. Real goldseller wouldn't even bother to appear in forums, if there is no market, they will just go away for anything else profitable.

Edited by Onetyper

Posted

Maybe try to log in on other mmo's.. goldsellers are everywhere.. they can't be stopped that easily.

Posted

Maybe try to log in on other mmo's.. goldsellers are everywhere.. they can't be stopped that easily.

You actually have to WANT to do it. Zero guest passes would help. :D Opening guest trials for like 1 or 2 days, every other 4 months or so would be more than enough for players to try the game. Also, linking forum account with in game account would be awesome for forum clean-up.

Posted

It's not purely scammers, it's account leveling services, account selling, and collecting gold via doing it for you in your account. 

Though good luck picking that criminal out instead of the other scammers. 

Full trade may not be able to be implemented, but enough trade to not render life skills entirely solo player would be a pretty good compromise. 

Here's three idea's for it. 

Posted

Full trade may not be able to be implemented, but enough trade to not render life skills entirely solo player would be a pretty good compromise. 

Here's three idea's for it

I will say it again here, all that needs to be done is to re-evaluate prices across the whole itemisation system to make every item worth selling, improve both refresh speed of market situation within their algorithms and time value of players doing activities and add each effort into the final price. On top of this add either a way in the auction house to sell to specific people, or a separate p2p window that works following the same auction house algorithms. Market still protected, player time/efforts taken in account, market will fully work and no RMT around.

Nothing more is needed

Posted

I will say it again here, all that needs to be done is to re-evaluate prices across the whole itemisation system to make every item worth selling, improve both refresh speed of market situation within their algorithms and time value of players doing activities and add each effort into the final price. On top of this add either a way in the auction house to sell to specific people, or a separate p2p window that works following the same auction house algorithms. Market still protected, player time/efforts taken in account, market will fully work and no RMT around.

Nothing more is needed

Adding that will solve a lot of problems. 

If they add it. 

I would still rather be able to trade materials for crafting, you could just lock it so that they can't sell it until it is built into something, which then requires energy regardless, so it's not really abused. 

Might give crafting levels a purpose, outside of yourself. 

Posted

if services can be sold in anyway for money, they'll be spammed. 

Posted

It's not purely scammers, it's account leveling services, account selling, and collecting gold via doing it for you in your account. 

Except all of that requires giving up your account information. Thusly scamming you out of your account. And since a lot of games also save your CC information to your account, They get both your account AND your money in addition to the money you foolishly gave them to play the game for you. 
While BDO does not appear to save CC information in the account, they still get your CC information when you use their website. 

You really think they'll give your account back? 

Posted

Except all of that requires giving up your account information. Thusly scamming you out of your account. And since a lot of games also save your CC information to your account, They get both your account AND your money in addition to the money you foolishly gave them to play the game for you. While BDO does not appear to save CC information in the account, they still get your CC information when you use their website. 

You really think they'll give your account back? 

Well, a lot of them would, because they consider themselves a business. 

But like i said, good luck finding that one off "legitimate" (criminal) business. 

It's a stupid call no matter how you look at it, but that stupid gamble is around regardless of material transfer, and i guess if you want to get technical, they're not goldsellers but gold farmers? idk. 

Posted

Well, a lot of them would, because they consider themselves a business. 

But like i said, good luck finding that one off "legitimate" (criminal) business. 

It's a stupid call no matter how you look at it, but that stupid gamble is around regardless of material transfer, and i guess if you want to get technical, they're not goldsellers but gold farmers? idk. 

Except there is no such thing as a legit business for what they offer, everything is illegal as far as the ToS is concerned. 
Thy're about as legitimate as the mails that come in claiming I've won thousands of dollars but all i have to do to claim the money is to send them 60 bucks in fees.

They only need to scam one person to have made a profit, since everything they do revolves around stolen credit cards and stolen accounts. 

Posted

and people still think gold sellers are not hired by the game company.

food for thought.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0