• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

need clarification Is this game TOTALLY p2w?

68 posts in this topic

Posted

<theory>

This is a genuine question. I don't know any of this but based on what I've gathered so far, this is my theory.

1. So you and your friends decided to make an organized effort to dominate BDO forever.
  2. You bought the headstart.
  3. You made a guild.
  4. You leveled up together to 55 in a day.
  5. You all bought the Ghillie suit.

Now, you have a guild that outclassed everyone else in 1-2 days.

1. You can take over nodes and cities.
  2. You tax their marketplace for 5%.

Again, I don't know but I imagine that's an insane amount of money coming in to the guild every day, so your members get an insane amount of guild salary every day. Money in this game is everything, you can buy all you ever need for money. You can and will hinder other people's progress with money as you'll buy out everything of value from the marketplace.

All the above is the direct result of you paying for headstart days and then a p2w costume.

</theory>

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Posted

<theory>

This is a genuine question. I don't know any of this but based on what I've gathered so far, this is my theory.

1. So you and your friends decided to make an organized effort to dominate BDO forever.
  3. You made a guild.

Again, I don't know but I imagine that's an insane amount of money coming in to the guild every day, so your members get an insane amount of guild salary every day. Money in this game is everything, you can buy all you ever need for money. You can and will hinder other people's progress with money as you'll buy out everything of value from the marketplace.

All the above is the direct result of you paying for headstart days and then a p2w costume.

</theory>

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah... It's not possible to lvl 55 in a day even in 5 man party playing 24/7 grinding. This game is not pay to win, you can still overcome and destroy this guilds. But it is 100% pay for advantage. Those who pay will have it easier. 

Posted

Yeah... It's not possible to lvl 55 in a day even in 5 man party playing 24/7 grinding. This game is not pay to win, you can still overcome and destroy this guilds. But it is 100% pay for advantage. Those who pay will have it easier. 

Well... it's good to hear that you can still destroy them. I'd hate a situation where 1 or 2 guilds can dominate everything because of the way the system is set up. In real life, if you get ahead early, you are extremely hard to defeat, if not impossible. This is how we have 1 or 2 major political parties in most countries and how certain lines of business are impossible to get into.

Posted

Well... it's good to hear that you can still destroy them. I'd hate a situation where 1 or 2 guilds can dominate everything because of the way the system is set up. In real life, if you get ahead early, you are extremely hard to defeat, if not impossible. This is how we have 1 or 2 major political parties in most countries and how certain lines of business are impossible to get into.

Don't rush to 50 enjoy the game as much as you can and wait a month or 2 before deciding if it's fully P2W or not

It's certainly pay for advantage (which to me is basically the same as pay to win)

However one point to remember, ArcheAge wasn't pay to win at the start either, it was gradually phased in through little minor things which collectively destroyed the game

The only promise Daum gave us was that selling cash shop items on the marketplace would not be possible AT LAUNCH, this is a red flag because if they intended cash shop items to never be sold on the market they would have worded it as such, so with the way they have worded it, suggests that at some point cash shop items will be for sale on the marketplace and then the flood gates will open

But back to my main focus, allow others to reach the end game before you do, let them be the guinea pigs for testing how frustrating the power imbalance is, while you enjoy the game without a care in the world and at least get your $30 worth of content without any frustration

1 person likes this

Posted

The only promise Daum gave us was that selling cash shop items on the marketplace would not be possible AT LAUNCH, this is a red flag because if they intended cash shop items to never be sold on the market they would have worded it as such, so with the way they have worded it, suggests that at some point cash shop items will be for sale on the marketplace and then the flood gates will open

Yes I agree with you, I think the way they worded it is a good signal CS items will be sellable on the AH later on.

Posted

You dont even know what is a P2W game dude.

Let them sell everything in the cash shop in the marketplace and you'll see what is a real P2W.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes I agree with you, I think the way they worded it is a good signal CS items will be sellable on the AH later on.

I hope that won't happen, because I won't play this game in such state. 

Posted

I don't think they'll leave it too long, maybe 3-6 months.

Posted

You are wrong, since currently node wars hasn't been on yet, so no one owns nodes or cities at the moment :D

Posted (edited)

Atm it's very borderline but if they ever decide to let ppl sell cash shop items on the Auction house it's over, in Korea you have to sell cash shop items for around 500$ every month on the Auction house to stay competitive according to top players there.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

I hope that won't happen, because I won't play this game in such state. 

Man you gotta read between the lines, if they weren't gonna do it AT ALL they would have said: "CS item will not be sellable on the AH, ever".

The simple fact that they added the words "at launch" means they are talking about a very short period of time that we consider "launch", which is what? 2-3 months?

I don't think they'll leave it too long, maybe 3-6 months.

Yes I would bet on 3-6 months too...

Posted

Man you gotta read between the lines, if they weren't gonna do it AT ALL they would have said: "CS item will not be sellable on the AH, ever".

The simple fact that they added the words "at launch" means they are talking about a very short period of time that we consider "launch", which is what? 2-3 months?

Yes I would bet on 3-6 months too...

Well to be honest 3-6 Months is good enough money for me. I'll uninstall that game with clean heart at least. 

Posted

The guild node system isn't implemented yet, gives other players a chance to catch up before the shitstorm starts

Posted

I'm not really sure to what extend that is possible.

The node capturing is not in as of yet though. Anyone has any insight as to how that stuff is going in Korea, Japan, or Russia? 

Posted (edited)

Thanks god this is not real life and u can KILL THE BASTARDS here and its legal (thats why most politicians deserver lol)>

Edited by benzegol

Posted

Those head start wizards in all +15's hurt a lot, but there are plenty of people that start 4 days later and are caught up to them.

Posted

no its not p2w, you can spend all the money you want, the advantage isnt enough to win

1 person likes this

Posted

@Coeprandua

You're not wrong, but not everyone is playing the game to be #1 world best in everything ever. :)

Posted

<theory>

3. You made a guild.

</theory>

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Look at someone irl and notice how their name isn't above their head. If you think that their name not showing above their head is p2w you'll fit in great here with the other whiners. If not and you can still see your friend even without a name above their head, you'll fit in great here because it's a great game.

Posted

However one point to remember, ArcheAge wasn't pay to win at the start either, it was gradually phased in through little minor things which collectively destroyed the game

Archeage was from day 1 disgusting with worker pots.

If you can't trade in BDO how can their be any pay to win? this is easy, no need for long ass paragraphs or dumb ass talk.

Posted

Archeage was from day 1 disgusting with worker pots.

If you can't trade in BDO how can their be any pay to win? this is easy, no need for long ass paragraphs or dumb ass talk.

You do realise Daum only ever said that cash shop items would not be able to be sold on the marketplace AT LAUNCH, they never said anything for after the launch phase is complete (however long they consider that to be) IF they had intended for items to never be sold on marketplace at all they would have worded it differently

Posted (edited)

Look at someone irl and notice how their name isn't above their head. If you think that their name not showing above their head is p2w you'll fit in great here with the other whiners. If not and you can still see your friend even without a name above their head, you'll fit in great here because it's a great game.

True, but everybody knows real life is p2w. I guess this is why people complain. It's too much like rl.

Edited by Coeprandua
typo

Posted

You do realise Daum only ever said that cash shop items would not be able to be sold on the marketplace AT LAUNCH, they never said anything for after the launch phase is complete (however long they consider that to be) IF they had intended for items to never be sold on marketplace at all they would have worded it differently

I'd be careful. There were many issues at launch with daum not clearly phrasing things so I really wouldn't read too much into how they worded it.

Posted

If you think this game is p2w go play at korea i dare you 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ghillie doesn't make you untouchable. Stop acting like it does

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0