• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What class has the best DPS?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

While I enjoy mobility, it's just icing on the top for me. What I always want from a class is the best DPS possible.So, anyone know which class might be up to the job?

Posted

Wizard.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard.

Filthy liar... Witch got best dps 

Posted

Filthy liar... Witch got best dps 

I know you're trolling and that's fine, but just in case someone unaware read that... -> wizard and witch are identical :P

Posted

Not the archer, thats for sure. I've not played to the soft level cap, but I've heard it balances out a bit more by that point. Right now the wizard/witch are the top in lower levels....by far. I know "max" is what matters, but I hope they balance it out a bit more. It took me 3xs longer to level as an archer than a wizard in the CBT.

Posted (edited)

Not the archer, thats for sure. I've not played to the soft level cap, but I've heard it balances out a bit more by that point. Right now the wizard/witch are the top in lower levels....by far. I know "max" is what matters, but I hope they balance it out a bit more. It took me 3xs longer to level as an archer than a wizard in the CBT.

Ranger is OP at max level. Wizard/Witch is - like all the post-launch classes in KR - more powerful at lower levels, but this all balances out later on. As for OP, all classes have good dps. It's more about the playstyle that you want the most.

Edited by Leiloni
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm stuck in double post forum glitch hell, sorry.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

I know you're trolling and that's fine, but just in case someone unaware read that... -> wizard and witch are identical :P

They are only currently identical.  Pearl Abyss has made a statement that beyond level 50 the two classes will differ from each other.  Most are guessing this means that their awakenings will be completely different.

The archer is one of the top tiers in terms of damage, however they are the greatest glass cannons (second being the sorcerer, an in your face glass cannon with nice i-frame moves).  The witch/wizard are of course high damage dealers as well, though they have a nice little heal spell.

The one of the reasons for an archers damage being so great is that they have many spells that scale off of their max HP.  With end game gear, it is a lot.  Normally instead of going full Neil's Tree set like the standard for other classes, use two Neil's Tree for it's +150HP boost and two of the Hebe set for another +250HP boost for an great +400HP boost from set bonus' and having 8 slots on your gear for customization.

The only thing the archer does not fare well on is 1v1 PvP, but neither does the witch/wizard as they are both ranged classes.  Sure, both can burst down an opponent they catch off guard, but it is lights out for them if they miss.

You will find this is true from most posts from players that have played a long time.  Both Archers and Witches/Wizards are greatly used in GvG for their ranged bombardment with Giants/Berserkers acting as the main tanks, followed by the Valkyries.  Warriors are kind of there with the Berserkers and Valkyries, but are much squishier (as their class focus' more on damage then defense unlike the Valkyrie.  Giants however are just HP tanks with some great HP leaching for more HP).  Bladers/Plums, Ninjas/Kunoichis, and Sorcerers are sadly the least useful in the all out wars as they are really only used as harassers.  If they can make it around the enemy lines to the Archers/Wizards/Witches, they can reak havoc, but that is an if.

Blader/Plum are one of the kings of 1v1 PvP with many evade skills and high damage attacks.  They can also keep it up for a long time.

Ninja/Kunoichi are similar to the Blader/Plum in the 1v1 PvP area, however they are more hit and run style with high burst.  Burning thru all your mana in an instant.  Then run away as you get a bit useless without it.

Sorcerer is a bit more of a jack of all trades glass cannon class.  They are very squishy and need to be close to mid range to use their skills.  They have lots of i-frames to use, but if you mess up a skill in your rotation or a dodge, you are easily punished more than any other class (Rangers at least get to keep their distance).  This is a main reason why the class has one of the highest skill caps in the game.  Anyone can be decent at a Sorcerer, but few will really play one well.  If you are one of those few though, you can destroy anything (ah, sweet sweet i-frames).

Tamers are currently in an odd spot.  They are amazing at PvE with their AoE's and pet.  In PvP and GvG they are great as long as their pet is up, but it is often focused and gotten rid of quickly.  Without her pet, the tamer falls really short of the other classes and is quickly killed off.  With her new awakening, this will probably change as the "skyrod" will not allow pet use and focus only one the weapon, but this is to be seen.  Great things with the tamer beyond PvE is that after 46 and being able to ride your beast, while on it you can ignore the weight limit on how much you are carrying, allowing you to farm longer than any other class (as long as you have the inventory space).  While running thru the world as well, her shift+W+LMB (dash attack) can be spammed for insane map movement.  She also has some, while limited compared to other classes, really nice dodging abilities that can keep you dancing around your opponent.

Nice thing about Black Desert Online is that the classes all work well in most situations and "Best DPS" really more falls to what you are doing.  PvE? 1v1 PvP (which is normally just PK'ing)? GvG (wars and the like, these are group battles and 1v1 skills are a bit moot hear as it's a different style, this is where BDO's end game is at the moment)?

On top of that, it really is all in the gear and how lucky you are at enchanting it to those higher levels.  How enchanted gear beats out class differences in many many cases.

- Kat

8 people like this

Posted

This is a game where there are no other, um, genres of class other than damage dealers. No tanks, healers, support, nothing. As such, whoever has the most raw damage will probably change many times over the games updates as classes get balance patches and awakenings.

I would just find whatever one you find the most fun. Hard choice, I know, but if you pick the one that has the most damage, it won't be like that forever, especially if everyone else bandwagons on it.

and now i go back to patiently waiting for tamer to get buffed

Posted

On top of that, it really is all in the gear and how lucky you are at enchanting it to those higher levels.  How enchanted gear beats out class differences in many many cases.

this!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0