• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear looks and progression will drive off many players

462 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly if people leave a game because they can't look "Super Brutal" or Super Cute" with loads of costumes and customization then they probably should go do something besides playing video games.

BDO is fun and has much to do, but yeah the game is not without it's flaws. Just that those flaws wont kill the game.

White knights and all of the whiners are all the same. Spend more time talking about what's wrong or right about the game than playing it.

BDO was advertised by it's amazing Character Creator, so of course it attracted a lot of customization freaks, like me. Armor variation is also very important to role players, as clothes should adequately represent who your character is. This is hands down the worst in-game customization most of us have ever seen in a game, especially a game made at this time and age. Most games have at least 20 different armors for each class, most have way more than that. Here you get 6-7, though most are copy paste. Ranger had 2 armor models total.

Not only that, but the fact PA removed free armors featured in early Korean BETAs leaves an impression that the company is greedy and doesn't care about catering to the players=game is a 1 shot made to milk money out of the players and then shut down.

It's all good if you don't Google "Black Desert online" and see what the devs and publisher done to the game and what the original concept was. It was pretty amazing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly if people leave a game because they can't look "Super Brutal" or Super Cute" with loads of costumes and customization then they probably should go do something besides playing video games.

BDO is fun and has much to do, but yeah the game is not without it's flaws. Just that those flaws wont kill the game.

White knights and all of the whiners are all the same. Spend more time talking about what's wrong or right about the game than playing it.

Sorry, you already lost argument when you think people should do something if they don't look the way they want.

You do know one of the main attraction of this game is CUSTOMIZATION, right?

Seriously, the game has the best character customization and then you go into the game and what do you see? Potato bags everywhere. If you don't even understand the reason some people play games others than just killing and combat, then no points to talk to you.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO was advertised by it's amazing Character Creator, so of course it attracted a lot of customization freaks, like me. Armor variation is also very important to role players, as clothes should adequately represent who your character is. This is hands down the worst in-game customization most of us have ever seen in a game, especially a game made at this time and age. Most games have at least 20 different armors for each class, most have way more than that. Here you get 6-7, though most are copy paste. Ranger had 2 armor models total.

Not only that, but the fact PA removed free armors featured in early Korean BETAs leaves an impression that the company is greedy and doesn't care about catering to the players=game is a 1 shot made to milk money out of the players and then shut down.

It's all good if you don't Google "Black Desert online" and see what the devs and publisher done to the game and what the original concept was. It was pretty amazing.

Agreed

Posted

Sorry, you already lost argument when you think people should do something if they don't look the way they want.

You do know one of the main attraction of this game is CUSTOMIZATION, right?

Seriously, the game has the best character customization and then you go into the game and what do you see? Potato bags everywhere. If you don't even understand the reason some people play games others than just killing and combat, then no points to talk to you.

Either way your loss, I'm enjoying myself with BDO's many fun aspects.

Guess it sucks to be you Mr.potatobag ^^

Posted

Either way your loss, I'm enjoying myself with BDO's many fun aspects.

Guess it sucks to be you Mr.potatobag ^^

Yes it does, and it will drive many players away from the game or any potential player into the game. Which after all, the main point of this discussion that you jump in and not get it.

Posted

Yes it does, and it will drive many players away from the game or any potential player into the game. Which after all, the main point of this discussion that you jump in and not get it.

Players that leave the game or people who avoid the game because lack of costumes/in game gear looks wont effect the population of this game enough for the devs to even think about investing more time and money for a fix to appease a small amount of people.

I suggest you find something you really like about BDO or play another game entirely.

Look I understand when a game does not meet your expectations it's frustrating but the Devs will never cater to any group of players, only to what makes them a good profit.

And right now Daum & Pearl Abyss are all about profit ^^

Posted

Players that leave the game or people who avoid the game because lack of costumes/in game gear looks wont effect the population of this game enough for the devs to even think about investing more time and money for a fix to appease a small amount of people.

I suggest you find something you really like about BDO or play another game entirely.

Look I understand when a game does not meet your expectations it's frustrating but the Devs will never cater to any group of players, only to what makes them a good profit.

And right now Daum & Pearl Abyss are all about profit ^^

Which may decrease do to this crap. And you are talking about minority of players, i can as well tell you it's majority of players who disappointed by what this company did with the armor designs.

Posted

Which may decrease do to this crap. And you are talking about minority of players, i can as well tell you it's majority of players who disappointed by what this company did with the armor designs.

Show me numbers of this "Majority", some kind of proof you know.

Plus regardless of how many people are disappointed , they still play the game.

You and everyone else here in this topic probably still play BDO, and if for not much longer than that was your choice and your loss.

Posted

You and everyone else here in this topic probably still play BDO, and if for not much longer than that was your choice and your loss.

It will be interesting to see players like yourself campaigning for server merges a few months down the road. 

Gotta love the "If you don't like it, then you better leave!"  then everyone leaves and these forums will look like all the others. "My server is empty!" "When are we going to get merges?!" "Not enough players to run sieges!"

Posted

It will be interesting to see players like yourself campaigning for server merges a few months down the road. 

Gotta love the "If you don't like it, then you better leave!"  then everyone leaves and these forums will look like all the others. "My server is empty!" "When are we going to get merges?!" "Not enough players to run sieges!"

I like how you know the future of this game lol.

Server merger or not, tons of players or empty worlds, either way I'm enjoying the game you should try it sometime ^^

Gotta love that "Oh I don't like something about this game, better go to the forums and whine till I get my way."

Posted

Players who already spent a lot of money for a nice looking set won't like it if nice looking armor / costumes start to drop as loot, or are for sale at shops in game. Yet Opp has a point: this is a cosmetic game, therefore at least SOME nice looking gear should be available just by playing and slaying monsters. That's not a big deal: many players want more sets of gear, so the pearl shop won't lose customers.

Posted

Show me the proof of this minority also.

And sure, i play the game even though i'm not satisfied with their business practices. But i won't pay them a single dollar anymore, unless they add nice number of variety of armor designs obtainable in game on which they put some time and effort so that they look nice. So it doesn't matter whether i keep playing the game or not, they won't see any cash from me either way. And if too many people will just play the game without spending any money in cash shop, the more likely Daum gonna change anything or the game will simply die.

Players who already spent a lot of money for a nice looking set won't like it if nice looking armor / costumes start to drop as loot, or are for sale at shops in game. Yet Opp has a point: this is a cosmetic game, therefore at least SOME nice looking gear should be available just by playing and slaying monsters. That's not a big deal: many players want more sets of gear, so the pearl shop won't lose customers.

If people spent $30 for cash shop costumes without thinking a little bit ahead to see what stupid thing they are doing, these people can blame only themselves.

Posted

They're over 100 freaking złoty.

I ain't spending a 3 number amount of money on pixels. >.> Normal clothes are worth less.

This guy is Polish. One zloty is a Quarter in the US. This is why he finds it expensive. 

Posted

Show me the proof of this minority also.

And sure, i play the game even though i'm not satisfied with their business practices. But i won't pay them a single dollar anymore, unless they add nice number of variety of armor designs obtainable in game on which they put some time and effort so that they look nice. So it doesn't matter whether i keep playing the game or not, they won't see any cash from me either way. And if too many people will just play the game without spending any money in cash shop, the more likely Daum gonna change anything or the game will simply die.

The game is not going to die... I really don't understand you people and your obsession to see a game die when your not happy with it.

Also you can make 2 costumes in game at no cost of IRL money, maybe you should look into those.

c9EGLoW.jpg

Posted

They think this game is balanced, it never is. One person is only 11+ this person is only 8+ this person has 15+ but yet no blue shit, the other person has purple stuff. In otherwords, quit your job and be competitive in Guild VS Guild/Sieges/Node Wars, or stay with your job and play farming all day. Pretty much sums it up, bedankt DAUM. 

Posted

I hope we see the costume to outfit coupon soon.  There are a few craftable costumes, but seeing as they're costumes, they take up actual armor slots.  Changing them into outfits would be perfect, especially if they retain the inherent bonuses of the item (and why wouldn't they as cash shop outfits also have bonuses).

Oh, and letting those items be dyed would also go a long way.

Posted

@Kyrielle_Atrinati You got the terms backwards. It will be Outfit to Costume. We have craftable Outfits which replace the armor slots. Costumes go into the costume slot.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like how you know the future of this game lol.

Server merger or not, tons of players or empty worlds, either way I'm enjoying the game you should try it sometime ^^

Gotta love that "Oh I don't like something about this game, better go to the forums and whine till I get my way."

After playing and watching countless other mmo's you begin to see a pattern. Honestly i'm glad you are enjoying yourself and i'm sure the people here also want that same feeling. I enjoy the product I purchased but we feel there are elements lacking, or just out-right shouldn't be apart of the game. That's one of the great things about an MMO, the community can help develop and reshape it into something that will bring in players to join in on the fun. 

At the moment BDO isn't going to succeed plain and simple. However if they listen to our input and we can all come to a middle ground i'm sure that threads like these will go away.

Posted

I encourage those who disagree with Daum's sick business model to not give them a single dollar/euro anymore if you already bought the game, if you want this shit to change. If you will be able to resist the shiny cash shop items and not buying them despite of how much you would like to have that item, there is a very small chance that this shit will change. However if you will keep buying those stuff even though you don't like the way they are running this business, there is zero chance that anything will change.

The people who need to read this have their noses buried in the cash shop right now, too busy converting hundreds of their national currency into RNG dyes and overpriced ghillie suits to care about what's best for the long term.

And there's always a chance that Daum takes the low road -- if they refuse to lower prices or make other compromises on the cash shop then they will just shut their doors and close the game down rather than give an inch on their "business model".  Why would they care?  They already got our money -- each of us has already paid them something just for the privilege of playing (and forfeited our right to refund in the process!).  BDO might still be the biggest FU cash grab in gaming history, if Daum decides they want to remain stubborn on this issue.  But it hardly matters if the whales foolishly continue throwing money at them, and that doesn't show any signs of stopping.

I've basically stopped playing at this point.  I enjoyed it for a few days but I'm having more fun playing Blade & Soul right now, and even their cash shop doesn't hold a candle to this one.  I can't be a part of it anymore.

Posted (edited)

The game is not going to die... I really don't understand you people and your obsession to see a game die when your not happy with it.

Also you can make 2 costumes in game at no cost of IRL money, maybe you should look into those.

c9EGLoW.jpg

Actually, you can make a total of 10.  The two you just mentioned and 8 costumes for each life profession.

See here: https://bdofashion.wordpress.com/category/crafted-sets/

@Kyrielle_Atrinati You got the terms backwards. It will be Outfit to Costume. We have craftable Outfits which replace the armor slots. Costumes go into the costume slot.

Thank you.  It does get a bit confusing. >_>  Especially when the workshop is called a costume mill.

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati
1 person likes this

Posted

hank you.  It does get a bit confusing. >_>  Especially when the workshop is called a costume mill.

*nods* That is a valid point actually. It doesn't match our inventory screen at all :/ 

Posted

After playing and watching countless other mmo's you begin to see a pattern. Honestly i'm glad you are enjoying yourself and i'm sure the people here also want that same feeling. I enjoy the product I purchased but we feel there are elements lacking, or just out-right shouldn't be apart of the game. That's one of the great things about an MMO, the community can help develop and reshape it into something that will bring in players to join in on the fun. 

At the moment BDO isn't going to succeed plain and simple. However if they listen to our input and we can all come to a middle ground i'm sure that threads like these will go away.

Well just so you know the devs probably wont even read what you post since they are Korean.

Sure daums could pass it along but they probably wont.

Best save yourself the time and leave to play something else since you know, you can see the future and all.

Posted

Actually, you can make a total of 10.  The two you just mentioned and 8 costumes for each life profession.

See here: https://bdofashion.wordpress.com/category/crafted-sets/

Thank you.  It does get a bit confusing. >_>  Especially when the workshop is called a costume mill.

These obviously aren't enough. Those dresses in which you are fighting looks all pretty much the same with just very minor differences. We want more variety of these. Not them being just behind paywall.

Posted

These obviously aren't enough. Those dresses in which you are fighting looks all pretty much the same with just very minor differences. We want more variety of these. Not them being just behind paywall.

Well to bad you can't get what you want.

Go play Tera, you will find many costumes in game and in cash shop OR just go back to playing BDO and deal with it OR you could always stay here and keep whining about things you can't/don't have ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not against the community asking for more options in costumes, and it will be a nice feature that many will enjoy.

Yet, your argument is not a very strong one.
1. Correlation does not imply causation.
Just because many mmo with limited costume choices failed, does not mean that the limited costume was the defining reason for the failure. Matter of fact, it is reasonable to assume that complicated matters like failure of a game, usually does not hinge on a single variable.

2. Baseless claim.
There is no way you would know that BDO isn't going to succeed. Unless you saw their financial sheet, data on player growth rate, etc. If not, how would you know? 
If the company listened to every petition by vocal minorities, they would go bankrupt actually. Some changes will lead them to lose more money overall. 

If people wanted real changes, they need to either offer good ideas or produce some kind of data. Petition, forum poll, etc. 

I also see this quite often. With 0 data, they always boldly claim
1. This is a sentiment shared by the majority
[with no data, with 3 categories: 1) dislikes costume limitations, 2) don't care for costume limitations and 3) for costume limitations, we would expect 33% each. They are claiming this isn't the case. More so, they are saying within 1) dislikes costume limitations, it is a significant issue. Thus, burden of proof is on them.]
2. The variable in question has the power to break or make the game.

I don't know how they know this. 

1 person likes this