• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear looks and progression will drive off many players

462 posts in this topic

Posted

They're over 100 freaking złoty.

I ain't spending a 3 number amount of money on pixels. >.> Normal clothes are worth less.

You are mazlot

Posted

You are mazlot

And you're a skarpetka. A żółta skarpetka!

Posted

First let me say, this is the best MMO I've played since Vanilla WoW. It is an amazing game with many amazing features.

Now, having said that, my biggest worry about longevity of this game (besides legion release) is the gear looks and progression. One of the most important parts, or the most important part, of any MMO is gear progression. This game doesn't give you any excitement when it comes to gear. You get your set and level it up the entire time you play. There is no real sense of progression.

The worst part of the gear problem though is the looks of it. This game has amazing graphics but the gear is terrible. Everyone looks like poor hobos. My lvl 10 self looks the same as my lvl 48 self and that is very depressing. I know they need to make money off armor skins but more people will continue to Play game if In-game armor looked decent, and people would still buy the skins if they looked good.

They need to upgrade all armor skins and work on adding a large amount of gear to the game to make people feel like their characters are unique and to give that feeling of progression. Because as it stand we are all just a bunch of poor hobos with the same crappy gear on.

Agreed. As it is now it wouldn't feel right recommending the game to any of my friends because frankly it feels like a F2P with a buy-in fee. 
I was so excited about the CC and that's what made me buy the game in the end, thinking that I finally found a game with better CC than APB:Reloaded. Oh well. 

I can say that I personally bet I'll get bored pretty quickly without a wider variety of gear appearances. I'm a type that loves to play with appearance sets and dyes. That's what brought me to BDO based on the great detail in the character creation. I feels like a bait and switch as the gear customizing doesn't even reach the bottom of the scale compared to the character customization. I don't even mind cash shop costumes that much so long as there are plenty of them and the price is reasonable, but BDO so far is lacking on both accounts. And to add salt to the wound, dyes are ridiculously expensive (given the rng).  And yeah, I also enjoy getting an interesting variety of loot drops rather than just the same items to consume as part of upgrading.

For now, I've been playing to enjoy the things I do like about the game. In time though I suspect the issues above will cause me to lose interest.

Edit: The dye system at least has a fix available. Put in that pallet item thing as a rental that allows using all colors. Heck, I'd probably pay almost $10/month just for that capability.

Agreed. For now I'll keep on playing the game but soon enough I'll be bored watching myself still running around looking like a hobo. 

I hope more people can keep their wallets closed and show that they doesn't support the way it is like right now. I was afraid that I'd back down and open it up during the first week but I made it without buying the pets & costumes. Yay. 

Posted

good job pearl, i don't want no WoW gear heads in my game this will drive them away.

1 person likes this

Posted

Could always be WoW... I played my ass off to get 2.4k in 3v3, and guess what I was rewarded with? literally the shittiest looking set in wow's history...

So.... could always be worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

good job pearl, i don't want no WoW gear heads in my game this will drive them away.

Everyone knows that only WoW players enjoy cosmetic gear progression, a staple part of MMORPGs for well over 15 years now. 

Posted

If grandpa Wizard can fight, why can't granny Valkyrie? <.<

Casting magic and actually fighting are not comparable.

Posted

Casting magic and actually fighting are not comparable.

He has a short sword. v.v

Posted

He has a short sword. v.v

A dagger, not a studded leather armor or even chainmail with a shield and a longsword.

Posted

I googled "a group of hobos" and I got a pic of a nude man in the first search result...

Google caters your search results to things that interest you.

So we all know what you like now.

2 people like this

Posted

It's to their interest to provide us with better costumes and customization choices soon.  Gamers in NA care about the looks and care to look different.  Most are spoiled by the transmog/wardrobe/outfit options in WoW/GW2, etc.  The thing is we have the money to spend on these things, and many are perfectly fine spending money in a B2P game.  They're hurting themselves by not studying the regional differences in playerbase and knowing this ahead of the time when launching this game in NA.

Anybody know much about the Korean version of this game, do they have better looking costumes?  Are they're simply holding out on us?  Or do they simply think people don't care to look good?

Posted (edited)

KR has tons more stuff in the store and they just added there the Pre-order costumes we got to the store with the latest update KR is such a better game than this NA crap.

And not because of the cash store

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted

A dagger, not a studded leather armor or even chainmail with a shield and a longsword.

He can wear plate armor though.

If you paid up, of course.

5rPxjG7.jpg

Posted

5rPxjG7.jpg

Hmm good point, but he still isn't fighting like a valk. Basically I wanted to cheer you up with some nonsense.

Posted

There's more outfits coming but I agree, considering how dynamic character creation is, we could use some more options for armor customization.

That said, only having 8 different armor and 16 weapon graphics makes everyone load nice and fast! lol

Posted

KR has tons more stuff in the store and they just added there the Pre-order costumes we got to the store with the latest update KR is such a better game than this NA crap.

And not because of the cash store

Well that's good to know at least, so there's hope, we just aren't there yet in NA version.

Posted

There's more outfits coming but I agree, considering how dynamic character creation is, we could use some more options for armor customization.

That said, only having 8 different armor and 16 weapon graphics makes everyone load nice and fast! lol

It's 6 for most classes, 7 for Witch and Wizard.

Posted (edited)

It's 6 for most classes, 7 for Witch and Wizard

I wasn't counting, but thank you!

Edit: I was referring to a random and low amount of armor and weapons in numerous MMO's in general, not the gear specifically in this game or specifically the number of armor pieces. But I believe you are correct for BDO's currently. :)

Edited by Xtort

Posted

I wasn't counting, but thank you!

Edit: I was referring to a random and low amount of armor and weapons in numerous MMO's in general, not the gear specifically in this game or specifically the number of armor pieces. But I believe you are correct for BDO's currently. :)

I counted. I have a summary of how poor the armors here are. xD As in how many armors or armor parts were recycled into another model, how many models are actually unique and not just repainted or retextured etc.

2 people like this

Posted

I encourage those who disagree with Daum's sick business model to not give them a single dollar/euro anymore if you already bought the game, if you want this shit to change. If you will be able to resist the shiny cash shop items and not buying them despite of how much you would like to have that item, there is a very small chance that this shit will change. However if you will keep buying those stuff even though you don't like the way they are running this business, there is zero chance that anything will change.

3 people like this

Posted

First let me say, this is the best MMO I've played since Vanilla WoW. It is an amazing game with many amazing features.

Now, having said that, my biggest worry about longevity of this game (besides legion release) is the gear looks and progression. One of the most important parts, or the most important part, of any MMO is gear progression. This game doesn't give you any excitement when it comes to gear. You get your set and level it up the entire time you play. There is no real sense of progression.

The worst part of the gear problem though is the looks of it. This game has amazing graphics but the gear is terrible. Everyone looks like poor hobos. My lvl 10 self looks the same as my lvl 48 self and that is very depressing. I know they need to make money off armor skins but more people will continue to Play game if In-game armor looked decent, and people would still buy the skins if they looked good.

They need to upgrade all armor skins and work on adding a large amount of gear to the game to make people feel like their characters are unique and to give that feeling of progression. Because as it stand we are all just a bunch of poor hobos with the same crappy gear on.

i almost hit liked but the last paragraph. I personally like the looks of the current gear as it does progress, but what I totally agree with is more progression and options. I started a thread among a million others within suggestion section. One of the CMs did respond stating that the request is definitely on the list of recommendations but nothing confirmed of what and when

Posted

Black desert is said to have the best customization in a long time. Funny how the armor customization is actually the worst in a long time.

(Excluding the cash shop, but im not going to spend 30 bucks on a piece of limited clothing)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Black desert is said to have the best customization in a long time. Funny how the armor customization is actually the worst in a long time.

(Excluding the cash shop, but im not going to spend 30 bucks on a piece of limited clothing)

Whoever said that lied. You can't even be a male archer or a woman warrior (Valkyrie isn't the same)

Edited by Baratan

Posted

5rPxjG7.jpg

just a sidenote:

this is a costume that was never sold in the shop and never will be available in the shop. it was in the conquorer preorder package.

Posted

just a sidenote:

this is a costume that was never sold in the shop and never will be available in the shop. it was in the conquorer preorder package.

They just added it to the cash shop in KR and never say never, these devs have lied to you before.

1 person likes this