• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear looks and progression will drive off many players

462 posts in this topic

Posted

just a sidenote:

this is a costume that was never sold in the shop and never will be available in the shop. it was in the conquorer preorder package.

It's being sold in KR at the moment will probably roll out in RU and Japan next. Might not get sold here, but it is being sold in their cash shop else where. Never say never too.

Posted

just a sidenote:

this is a costume that was never sold in the shop and never will be available in the shop. it was in the conquorer preorder package.

I'll be honest, that armor is damn sexy.

Posted

It's being sold in KR at the moment will probably roll out in RU and Japan next. Might not get sold here, but it is being sold in their cash shop else where. Never say never too.

its coming to NA. No more snowflake conqs. I can feel the nerd rage in them growing

image.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I wish, just once, that an MMO would offer some really unique items for Founders and pre-orders that truly aren't available at any point after launch.

I'm not talking about fouders titles/achievements, I mean armor costumes, mounts, etc that are visually unique but otherwise pretty much the same as other items available in game.

THIS is one reason why I stopped ordering founders packs. The other reason is because half the MMO's I've tried lately have started to fail/lose a lot of subs before they even passed beta phase.

Posted

Yeah lack of armor variation, and locking the dye system for the most part behind the cash shop is terrible.

Go home Tumblr you're drunk.

BDO outfits.png

this made me lol, i love bdo and just buy costumes....but this is how people who dont look lmao

Posted (edited)

just a sidenote:

Yes, yes it is. :)

Found another armor costume for Wizard

bdo-aker-guard-wizard-full.jpg

Edited by Vix

Posted

Now, having said that, my biggest worry about longevity of this game (besides legion release) is the gear looks and progression. One of the most important parts, or the most important part, of any MMO is gear progression. This game doesn't give you any excitement when it comes to gear. You get your set and level it up the entire time you play. There is no real sense of progression.

There is still gear progression.  Go grind.

This is not (insert random western MMO from last 15 years)....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My Problem isn't that the Costumes are to expensive or have stats i could care less about that if i wanted them i would buy them im not poor, my problem is there are none to earn in game since farming cool looking Armor, sets and watching my Character visually become more powerful after a hard task was always something that motivated me in RPGs this is gone in this game completely, i see looks as a form of reward and i think that's a stable for RPGs in general and in old games you could see what a character had accomplished based on that.

Just buying it in the Shop and looking like a mighty Warrior at lvl 1 seems very pointless to me and contradictory to the essence of RPGs i would never pay for costumes based on that alone.

Just to make that even more clear i would actually be very willing to pay for (hard) content that would make it possible for me to farm it ingame like it is supposed to be.

Edited by Teno1
2 people like this

Posted

Wish I could get Sorceress armour that looked like this

e0af4139a0f3e51d81a5338cecb66487.jpg

And this for my Wizard

latest?cb=20130518032538

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm enjoying the modest armor styles. They aren't over the top typical fantasy armor that every other MMO ever has, they're believable and follow the theme of the game.

I will admit that the archer got the short straw though, her armor is unfortunate.

Edited by Aoden
GIF/image spam broke my internet.

Posted (edited)

This is one of many gripes I have about this game and it's despicable that if you want to look different you have to spend another 30 for a damn costume. Like, really, who thought this would be a good idea?

Edited by mrmikko5000

Posted (edited)

The game is mostly a copy, paste and westernized with slight modification. I highly doubt they are going to change the way they do things by much.

I'll probably stop playing once i hit 50. The cash shop is just too expensive imo, not worth while. This is coming from a guy who spent thousands on GW2 within 3years. BDO cash shop items are not value for the money, not even during sale. They got the pricing way off.

Edited by Not Pino
2 people like this

Posted

Casting magic and actually fighting are not comparable.

I know plenty of Korean grandmothers far more than capable of fighting...

Whoever said that lied. You can't even be a male archer or a woman warrior (Valkyrie isn't the same)

Yeah, no doubt an over-exaggerated advertisement. Even if Valkyrie counts as a female warrior, there's no female Berserker...

Posted

Google caters your search results to things that interest you.

So we all know what you like now.

Intriging, but highly disturbing. I used a pc from one of my friends house.

Posted

Intriging, but highly disturbing. I used a pc from one of my friends house.

Tell your friend about incognito mode.

Posted

Wish I could get Sorceress armour that looked like this

e0af4139a0f3e51d81a5338cecb66487.jpg

And this for my Wizard

latest?cb=20130518032538

Those are so cool! *Q*

I'd be happy with just "regular" armor, something Skyrim or Witcher have. I can't hate Ranger's armors more than I do.

I just want to put some pants on my dark elf. >-<

klaus_wittmann_ciri_redesign_by_scratche69007-0-1440349619.jpg1440369352.jpga43bb91c5801fa808eeaadbe473b806a.jpg

Even NPCs have better armor than Ranger does...

2016-03-15_219186269_zps5spdekpm.png2016-03-15_219291134_zpskkcpslbg.png2016-03-15_219355853_zpsvgnczavs.png

^ Also elf Witch right there.

Posted

Those are so cool! *Q*

I'd be happy with just "regular" armor, something Skyrim or Witcher have. I can't hate Ranger's armors more than I do.

I just want to put some pants on my dark elf. >-<

Even the modders for Skyrim maker nicer looking and more appropriate armour for Rangers

7184-1-1354802050.jpg

enb2012_10_4_21_32_13_zps70510dfb.jpg

But no we get this for our Rangers

NCC07805.jpg

Looks like she's more prepared for a night on the town than going out and hunting monsters

1 person likes this

Posted

Even the modders for Skyrim maker nicer looking and more appropriate armour for Rangers

7184-1-1354802050.jpg

NCC07805.jpg

Looks like she's more prepared for a night on the town than going out and hunting monsters

Haha, that's cute.  I loved Skyrim though. If I could play it as an MMO I'd still be playing it.

Posted

7184-1-1354802050.jpg

NCC07805.jpg

Yup.

My character looks like this:

2016-03-14_129525589_zpse7w7efuz.png2016-03-06_200413644_zps7fywazct.png

Is wearing this:

2016-03-20_727864013_zpssthqbxn9.png

2016-03-20_727679641_zpsrsqvlasw.png

Ugh. x-x

Posted

7184-1-1354802050.jpg

NCC07805.jpg

If we're being honest, Skyrim modders design nicer armour than 99% of game developers. At a gorgeous resolution at that, no pixelated anything when the entire set is 4k. 

Posted

I love this game! but this, is the #1 thing that i truly HATE, i will NOT spend$30 on armor... thats stupid, $15? ill consider it. 

I love MMO's for this exact reason, gear customization, this game, i thought would be awesome for that exact reason! but its a HUGE let down. 

I am truly disappointed. and wtf is up with no helmets??? like.. what were the creators thinking??? i really hate that only aspect of the game, every thing else i can work with, but the armor, man... I probably wont be playing this game for that much longer untill they do some thing about this. and no way will i spend $30 on a costume... plus, they dont even look that good! (my main is warrior, and they look kind of stupid) 

damn, way to ruin what could have been an amazing aspect to a game... if they make it $15, it would be a lot more considerable, since most games a sub is $15 a month, and i can do that,. not freaking $30! stupid stupid stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love this game! but this, is the #1 thing that i truly HATE, i will NOT spend$30 on armor... thats stupid, $15? ill consider it. 

I love MMO's for this exact reason, gear customization, this game, i thought would be awesome for that exact reason! but its a HUGE let down. 

I am truly disappointed. and wtf is up with no helmets??? like.. what were the creators thinking??? i really hate that only aspect of the game, every thing else i can work with, but the armor, man... I probably wont be playing this game for that much longer untill they do some thing about this. and no way will i spend $30 on a costume... plus, they dont even look that good! (my main is warrior, and they look kind of stupid) 

damn, way to ruin what could have been an amazing aspect to a game... if they make it $15, it would be a lot more considerable, since most games a sub is $15 a month, and i can do that,. not freaking $30! stupid stupid stupid.

Yeah, I'd honestly buy 2 costumes for $15 in a month rather than 1 costume for $30. It's the same amount of money spent, but you get more.

A single costume simply isn't worth $30. v.v

Only time I bought a costume around that price (25 euro) was in Dota2, but that was Arcana. Changes skill animations, teleporting animation, graphic effects of some items, voice acting, some are customizable, like have 2-3 different color or model versions, and they generally make your hero almost a completely different hero.

Here it's a shirt, pants and shoes. Sometimes a hat. Just regular clothes.

If a costume enabled me to change my character's attacks color (Ranger has very bright green) to whatever I want, like purple- then maybe. >.> Because that'd be cool.

But I can buy a shirt and pants for that price in rl. xD And maybe shoes if they're on sale lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

It will drive off players. All of those people who do think its important will be driven off and that's bad for everyone.

Posted

Here's a little math

What's better ?

$1,000 from 1 person

or

$10 from 150 persons (and most likely the $1,000 from that 1 person too)

I really don't see how Daum can make more money from a few large transactions compared to many small transactions

3 people like this

Posted

Here's a little math

What's better ?

$1,000 from 1 person

or

$10 from 150 persons (and most likely the $1,000 from that 1 person too)

I really don't see how Daum can make more money from a few large transactions compared to many small transactions

The same way all of the mobile games do. Unfortunately it's the few whales that account for the vast majority of their revenue.