• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie PvP guide

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Valkyrie specific PvP
I have been searching far and wide for a, how-to pvp thread with close to 0 results.
Could some experienced players help out with some tips and tricks?

What are the combos you should go with for that bursty dmg.
I would like to have an complete (softcap) build aswell.
What gems do you go for, what stat priority do we have?

This is just a couple of things i've been thinking about. Could we get a general Valkyrie specific PvP thread going?

Posted

Guard, spear, throw shield, repeat.

Posted

Guard, spear, throw shield, repeat.

totally wrong u wont kill any enemy player with this skill order ;)

Posted

I am in the process in making one, I will be happy to post it here when it is ready

4 people like this

Posted

I am in the process in making one, I will be happy to post it here when it is ready

Is it ready yet?

Posted

wasn't there several a while back?

Most Valk PvP revolved around animation cancel flow charts.

Learn animation cancel, learn valk.

Posted

Learn your animation cancels, practice combos. Do LOTS of arenas with friends and you'll start to catch on. Youtube some videos and read the forums and put it together and you'll pick up the class

Posted

Learn your animation cancels, practice combos. Do LOTS of arenas with friends and you'll start to catch on. Youtube some videos and read the forums and put it together and you'll pick up the class

pretty much, u need to learn your character by urself, most i can tell ya is that our spear can cancel just about all of our skills so learn how to use it and you'll have a great insta cc.

gems are entirely based off what ur wearing, gear level and what stats u want when you upgrade your weapon to blue tier

build would be the basic stuff, avoid the first 4 skills in the tree, grab ur cc's and ur heal, rest is useful once u start to learn how to combo it right.

Valkyrie specific PvP
I have been searching far and wide for a, how-to pvp thread with close to 0 results.

there is no guides because of all the current classes, valk is probably the hardest to master, people quote sorc as being the hardest TO PLAY but really she is the hardest to get started since her build requires a stupid amount of skill points before u can even begin to use her while valk is the hardest to truly MASTER imo, we have to balance offense and defense without any extreme flashy cancels or moves. The difference between a good valk and a bad one, is blatantly obvious with the former being nearly impossible to kill and scary as fk.

Posted (edited)

Valkyrie specific PvP

What are the combos you should go with for that bursty dmg.
I would like to have an complete (softcap) build aswell.
What gems do you go for, what stat priority do we have?

This is just a couple of things i've been thinking about. Could we get a general Valkyrie specific PvP thread going?

1. In PvE it's all about Shield Throw, but in PvP it's mostly about Sword of Judgment. It's a long and expensive chain to use though, so the best damage rotations usually revolve around either short-cutting to SoJ's final hit (like Celestial Spear and Righteous Charge do) or lowering the SP cost to reach the final hit (like Counter and Skyward Strike do). It's also commonly important to maximized the downed damage bonus, so skills like Divine Power are also pretty huge (and at 54 it does a ton of damage as well).

2. If you follow my advice from the first point, your build is focused almost entirely around maximizing SoJ uses while also taking into consideration shortcuts and CCs. For this reason, I think this is a pretty well-rounded build that is pretty easily achievable if you're careful about what quests you do up to soft-cap and then complete all the Black Spirit skill point quests after hitting ~500. http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/10698

3. Stat priorities really depend on your gear. Maxing cast speed is pretty important, so if you're running Zereth boots and Taritas everything else I suggest dumping cast speed gems in your gloves, helm (+2), and weapon. I dump luck gems in my shield and chest, but if you want to be real min/max I'd probably go KD resist where you can.

Edited by Gac
1 person likes this