• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Edan Server Completely Unplayable

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The servers, or at least Edan is in desperate need of a restart.  I can't speak with NPC's (the game enters a state where you can't move and eventually you see a broken UI), and I tried to test combat in an arena with a friend.  It ended with him ice skating in the arena on his horse (he wasn't on it), and just hitting each other several seconds after attacks.

@CM_Jouska  @CM_Praballo  @CM_Tytyes

Update:  I just joined a "Crowded" channel and its fine??  Dafuq is going on.

Edited by ZweiUnoZero

Posted

It's not just one channel that's having the issue, it's all of Edan's channels. I've tested multiple channels and it fluctuates from good to unbearable.

I can't say how the other servers are doing, but over the weekend, there's been huge delays (anywhere from 3 - 20second delays) when it comes to talking in chat, loot appearing after kills, trying to pick that loot up after its dropped, etc. 

There's been a lot of rubber banding going on as well. I was running through the cave spider spawn and all of a sudden I was dying from monsters that I had passed 2 minutes ago and eventually died. When my client caught up to the server I was actually no where near where I was on my screen.

Im toughing it out and I'm playing to my best, but it really is starting to become a snoozefest.

Posted

Yeah i have tried multiple channels as well on edan and they are all horrible.  The sever lag and rubber banding just makes the game no fun at all for me and dont really want to play it until it gets fixed.  Im trying to stick it out but I really hope they fix this issue

Posted

I'm getting DC'ed constantly.

Seems if I afk for 10 minutes, I get DC'ed.

I just lost XP at L50 because of death due to DC.

Posted (edited)

I've been having bad lag, connection, and shifting but almost exclusively this weekend. Nothing before this. ...Edan Mediah seems particularly bad. ...right now, I've been sitting trying to log back in on another server for 5 mins with the "now processing".

...and now I'm stuck w/ the timer for 15 mins and can't change channels. -_- ...lag is the one thing that can get under my skin fairly quickly. Hope this is only a short term problem.

Edited by Ethetun

Posted (edited)

I'm also stuck on processing trying to get on Edan. When I was on I had major chat delay.

Edited by Wise_Holo

Posted

Been fine in Calph E1 all night and morning.

No lag that I know of, and I did relog about 15 minutes ago just to sync things up just in case.

Obviously though, lots of people are having serious gameplay issues - not sure why some of us aren't.

Posted

I'll put this in easier to understand terms as I've a feeling what it may be, but don't want the rest of the community to start scratching their heads.

I'm not sure what kind of configuration they are using on their servers, but their allocation of resources needs to be adjusted - whether it be bandwidth or hardware. My trace routes halfway decent, but the noticeable latency difference across the different channels is pretty bad. Over-crowded servers seem fine whereas the less populated ones are severely lacking; more than likely because they have server/network rules that dynamically change depending on server load, meaning, more resources to overcrowded "channels" and the less populated are pretty much left in the dust. Some baseline standards need to be analyzed.

They did state they were not aware of how popular this game was, thus, they were not ready for the load, however, with the additional channels provided, I'd think they'd have learned their lesson after release and properly configured their assets. 

I've a 1Gbps connection; there can still be things along the way from my home to the BDO servers that may be an issue, but based on my ThousandEyes application, there is not much going on. (You network guys should know what this is, if not, look it up, it's freaking awesome!)

Just my two sense. No flaming intended.

Posted

I cant even connect to the server...at all. Keep failing :/

Posted

Same :(

Posted

OK so, about an hour ago, the furniture in my room disappeared for a minute or two. But everything back to normal for me, besides occasional chat lag.

Posted

I can log onto all of my alts but not my main.  I have restarted my pc multiple times tried different channels tried logging in from character select as well as character switch

Shit is -----ed!

As soon as i try and log onto my main I get the loading screen and at the end of the loading screen the game goes to not responding and wont proceed any further.

If i tab out of the game at this point and then try and go back to it, I get a black screen and background music which I can not get out of.  I have to restart my pc from that point as nothing will clear the black screen.

Posted

Every weekend its the same deal.   Gives weird lag / chat lag / and when its real bad I get lag with a clicking sound and sliding animation like im stuck in a dialog and no one shows except npcs and if a player goes by he disappears soon as seen.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0