• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How good is earth's response?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

At level it's kinda hard to hit and sometimes gets resisted, is it worth taking to max?

Posted

Oh He*l no, It's total crap skill xD

Posted

Terrible pve, terrible pvp, waste of skill points... Even though you get it free.

Posted

It's hit box is sometimes buggy - so sometimes hard to land in PvE.. and really a challenge in PvP.

Posted (edited)

I'll be maxing it out, later

Edited by Lyfe

Posted

I'm maxing it out later when i hit 55.

Posted

From what i've seen so far it only works on enemies close to you, i think around 2-3m at most. At first i was casting it on enemies a bit further away and even though the spikes seem to hit them the skill actually does not hit anything but now i got used to it. It's like a fast knockdown against melee but the downside is that you can only use it while evading to the left or right and not front/backwards.

Posted

It's hard to hit, you have to move the mouse very quickly, but once you catch the trick is very nice in my opinion. Nice damage, quick movement for dodging, cancels animations and does not consume stamina at all. Also when you push it to the limit you can cancel any attack just before you get hit and hit them in the back for extra damage. Even if the knockdown is resisted it's a solid 531%x2 with +20% Acc (most accurate skill) hit to the back. Plus it doesn't even take that many points for the boost higher ranks give, especially the third one.

For me, it's definetly a must.

Posted

It felt more useless before I put the points into it.  After putting some points I noticed hit box was larger.  Good dodge as well to weave in to save stamina.

Posted

dont underestimate this skill in 1v1 where we already lack. often it can b hard to land a stun/knocdown on a target, and with propper dodges u can also land ER for a kd on enemy, at least its something and can buy u some time for followup.

Posted

dont underestimate this skill in 1v1 where we already lack. often it can b hard to land a stun/knocdown on a target, and with propper dodges u can also land ER for a kd on enemy, at least its something and can buy u some time for followup.

How do you people lack in 1v1 with wizard?
I've maybe lost... 8 1v1 battles since starting them?
Not including rangers ofc. I've probably won 7/16 ranger fights, mostly because guilds like to gear them the hell out first lol.

Both OWPvP and Arena.

What are you guys' builds?
Please don't tell me you're doing that mana stack crap lmfaoo o o oo oeoeoeoo.
+30 damage and complaining about losing fights E_e

Posted

I only use it by accident sometimes. :P

Posted

How do you people lack in 1v1 with wizard?I've maybe lost... 8 1v1 battles since starting them?
Not including rangers ofc. I've probably won 7/16 ranger fights, mostly because guilds like to gear them the hell out first lol.

Both OWPvP and Arena.

I'm glad you seem to be winning a majority of your fights, your lack of proof reinforces all the confidence I have in you. Keep up the good fight even if it's all in your head.

Posted

I don't intentionally use Earth's Response as damage or cc. I use it as an animation cancel for Magic Evasion. It allows you to do 3 dashes in the course of 2 dashes.

Posted

I find it to be very useful in some scenarios. Was messing with it last night in arena with my valk friend and I found it invaluable when it came to breaking their shield.

Basically you just move behind them with it while quickly turning and a good amount of the time will knock them down allowing you to combo them.

Posted

How do you people lack in 1v1 with wizard?I've maybe lost... 8 1v1 battles since starting them?

Both OWPvP and Arena.

Whats your build atm? im honestly curious I need to learn more about witch 1 v 1

Posted

People complain of 1v1 with wizard//witch, because we're certainly the weakest 1v1 class. But that doesn't mean that we can't hold our stand in it, any class is a good 1v1 class, you just have to play correctly.

Posted

I'm glad you seem to be winning a majority of your fights, your lack of proof reinforces all the confidence I have in you. Keep up the good fight even if it's all in your head.

k

Whats your build atm? im honestly curious I need to learn more about witch 1 v 1

I run what I call a "Chaser" build. Max attack and cast speed.
Most people follow guides made by siege wizards. Which is why they fail in 1v1.

People complain of 1v1 with wizard//witch, because we're certainly the weakest 1v1 class. But that doesn't mean that we can't hold our stand in it, any class is a good 1v1 class, you just have to play correctly.

I must be REALLY good then.

1 person likes this

Posted

k

I run what I call a "Chaser" build. Max attack and cast speed.
Most people follow guides made by siege wizards. Which is why they fail in 1v1.

I must be REALLY good then.

Does attackspeed even do anything? Just curious.

Posted

I don't intentionally use Earth's Response as damage or cc. I use it as an animation cancel for Magic Evasion. It allows you to do 3 dashes in the course of 2 dashes.

How do you do this? D:

Posted

Yeah, cast speed +1 takes 4% away from the cast time. That might not seem much, but at cast speed +5, it takes 20% away from the casting time. And that's pretty huge.

1 person likes this

Posted

Earth's Response is a cheap upgrade for an evade + damage. It is something I have been trying to get better with especially since I have it fully leveled now. The damage is really nice and the 3 second CD allows for even more evasion since it does not take away endurance. Very underrated but valuable skill.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes

Yeah, cast speed +1 takes 4% away from the cast time. That might not seem much, but at cast speed +5, it takes 20% away from the casting time. And that's pretty huge.

Sortof. Attackspeed effects the amount of frames that your character takes to perform an action. So essentially, it speeds up your characters animation speed. For many of our instant cast / instant castable skills, this is very important, and it completes my chaser build, which is why I run it. Very fast, lots of movement and the spamming of instant cast rope-a-dope skills.

At the end of the day, we only have a few skills that are effected by cast speed. Our big sky-call skills, and a few smaller minor ones.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sortof. Attackspeed effects the amount of frames that your character takes to perform an action. So essentially, it speeds up your characters animation speed. For many of our instant cast / instant castable skills, this is very important, and it completes my chaser build, which is why I run it. Very fast, lots of movement and the spamming of instant cast rope-a-dope skills.

At the end of the day, we only have a few skills that are effected by cast speed. Our big sky-call skills, and a few smaller minor ones.

It technically means same thing, but I didn't know that O.o Well, that's pretty good to know, thanks! :P

1 person likes this

Posted

So much mis information out there it is hard to determine what is correct.  It has been said that Attack speed and cast speed affects depend on class/ability being used.

Cast speed speeds up frames for most of wizards spells while attack speed has less use on wizard.

Would be nice to see tests from wizards specifically but guides from sorcerers have determined that some of their abilities go off of attack speed and some of them go off of cast speed.  So don't think you will be getting benefit from both cast speed and attack speed on one ability.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0