• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A Pet idea [Fairies]

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a few days now. How about a Fairy pet? Now, you're going, 'the hells?' but it's a pretty cool idea that fits in the setting. The node manager of the forest of seclusion is a Fairy Nest, so they already exist in game.

Ideas for how they can work.

Fairies take the place of lanterns, not so much in a literal sense, but they remove the need for them. You can have your fairy turn on and off it's light which burns fuel like a lantern but instead you need to feed it Nectar to refuel the pets ability. This is on top of needing to feed them normally.

I could go on and on about things they could do with the fairy, but this is good enough and really it just fine. So, what do people thing?

6 people like this

Posted

i really want it back and i don't know how to get it back... 

This looks like the "Guide Fairy" that you can turn off and on under Esc -> Settings -> Game -> Navigation Guide Type.

Posted

True.....hmmm, since it is not the Guide Fairy I have no idea how to get it, sorry! 

Posted

But there's already no need for lanterns after launch? Nights are really bright on default settings...

I don't like the idea overall... Maybe if I knew how would they like so they don't feel so out of place... I like normal pets better.

Damn snowman pet.

1 person likes this

Posted

well it didn't loot for me or nothing, just highlighted other players and npc's as far as what i could tell

atm i'm trying to re-trace my steps to get it again

let us know what you did to get it, cause i for one one would be interested !

Posted

My thoughts:  I would be all for a fairy pet, but I dislike the nectar idea.  If it's going to glow, then let it glow.  Alternatively, as most pets have buff skills they can learn at higher tiers, make the lantern effect a fairy buff (similar to how hawks give bonuses to fishing, etc.).  Sure, it would require tier 2, but it wouldn't require constant maintenance with TWO gauges.  (plus, tier 2 could rng the fairy color, and tint the light effect based on it)

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know. Wouldn't a fairy be more of a sentient being? ...so wouldn't really fit in the pet category would it?

I'll admit, I'm bias...I want a wolf, weasel, raven, owl, *seagul or pelican*, parrot, pig *yay greedy pig* .... but all of those are animals though. Don't get me wrong, a fairy would be a neat companion idea...but just not sure it fits into a pet category. 

2 people like this

Posted

Only if the Fairy says "Hey, Look!"  when there is loot not collected.

Say's "Hey, Listen!"  when you are near a undiscovered thing or person.

Not sure what else Link's Fairy used to say but I think it would be awesome!

2 people like this

Posted

awww..would be nice to have that fairy, it looked pretty awesome, would have been a nice easter egg so to speak.

something your rewarded by discovering something out of the way - and not in line with the main game world.

Posted

Get on the forums, see I have a message, find out this thread suddenly has posts. Well, that unexpectedly escalated. That said, the lantern part was just an idea. It could just auto-loot and I would be happy. But I mean something with a real model not just a light puff.

I don't know. It was just an idea I threw down for all to see.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like this especially if you could change the colour of the glow and to giggle at you when you fall off your horse and/or to gasp as you fell off a cliff or the other way around ;) , or something like that would be great, I've also been thinking about this for a while now only just now searched for it, (seeing how old this post is) so yes i'd like it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I actually like this idea, I love fairies! (It also works especially because fairies exist in BDO.)

However, our idea of "fairy" and BDO's idea of "fairy" might be... very different things:

yH1MdZK.jpg

1 person likes this