• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger CC's

52 posts in this topic

Posted

So i was wondering, what skills or combos do we have that Stagger/knockdown/stun or guardbreak in pvp?

Posted

Blasting Gust and Penetrating Wind both KD in PvP. Blasting Gust is so often on CD due to Q-cancelling though that you're not that likely to actually use its KD. PW is super long range though so is very powerful. In a lot of ways my experience of group fights is that my role is more to lay down damage on top of others' (Sorcs/Wiz) CC than it is to CC people myself. 1v1 it's often a DPS race, but if you can land that KD it's mostly an insta win.

Posted

Blasting Gust and Penetrating Wind both KD in PvP. Blasting Gust is so often on CD due to Q-cancelling though that you're not that likely to actually use its KD. PW is super long range though so is very powerful. In a lot of ways my experience of group fights is that my role is more to lay down damage on top of others' (Sorcs/Wiz) CC than it is to CC people myself. 1v1 it's often a DPS race, but if you can land that KD it's mostly an insta win.

So only the ultimate of Blasting Gust and PW for  KD's?

Posted

Normal Blasting Gust - you shouldn't ever skill Ult. Blasting Gust.

Posted

Normal Blasting Gust - you shouldn't ever skill Ult. Blasting Gust.

I know, but on the tooltip it says that only the ultimate kd's...
I hate when people just run away so i really really want that KDd

Posted

Blasting Gust will definitely KD when not on CD. I find a lot of my CC tends to not connect as often as, say, Wiz and Sorc CC but I put a lot of that down to accuracy (lvl51 atm with +10 Bronze dagger).

Posted

The problem with Blasting Gust is it does not seem to knockdown when animation canceling with it. You need to Q cast it like normal which could put you in a sticky situation if not planned out well.

I do notice when I use my Bronze Dagger the knockdown of both Blasting Gust and Penetrating Wind land significantly more often. I plan to try hot swapping daggers when I plan on using Q to knockdown then popping in my Steel Dagger again to explode on them. This will probably take some work to try and master though if I even determine it is worth it.

Posted

It doesn't knockdown when cancelling in my experience, no, but it does when you use it with the Pinpoint combo (I forget the name sorry).

Posted (edited)

The problem with Blasting Gust is it does not seem to knockdown when animation canceling with it. You need to Q cast it like normal which could put you in a sticky situation if not planned out well.

I do notice when I use my Bronze Dagger the knockdown of both Blasting Gust and Penetrating Wind land significantly more often. I plan to try hot swapping daggers when I plan on using Q to knockdown then popping in my Steel Dagger again to explode on them. This will probably take some work to try and master though if I even determine it is worth it.

I mean generally when you have actually managed to land the knockdown you are gonna be spewing out  as many UCWinds as you can, which from the limited testing available so far deals more damage with bronze dagger anyway.

Edited by Kozuka

Posted

Our most used form on control on 53 onwards is rank 3 explosive shot - it stuns all enemies around you for roughly 1.5-ish seconds.

Combo BG into it if you know that you won't have the damage to kill the target right away.

Posted

Blasting Gust will knock down without it's Ultimate. You just need to immobilize yourself and cast the spell as it was "intended" to be used, no animation cancels or anything. The Ultimate for this spell is pretty bad, I'd get the ability to rank 3 and leave it at that. Also remember that it won't knockdown if it's on cooldown. It's very frequently on CD since you use it to Q-cancel. So if you want to knock someone down with it, you'll have to hold off on Q-canceling for a few seconds.

Penetrating Wind also knocks targets down. It's much longer ranged than Blasting Gust, and hits harder as well in my experience. You can animation cancel this one and still land the knockdown and the damage. My favorite cancel for this is definitely [S + E] > [Shift + LMB + RMB], that's the Tearing Arrow animation cancel for Penetrating Wind. Looks cool, and has extremely long range. 

Posted

You can cancel blasting gust with tearing arrow.

Posted

You can cancel blasting gust with tearing arrow.

Does doing this retain the knockdown of Blasting Gust? Most animation cancels seem to negate the knockdown effect.

If so, it'd still be better (Like 90% of the time) to use Penetrating Wind combo'ed with Tearing Arrow. It's got higher damage, longer range, and knocks down just the same. 

Posted (edited)

Well blasting gust will be on cooldown after. Because of Q cancel spam.

Edited by Jean Bernard

Posted

Well blasting gust will be on cooldown after. Because of Q cancel spam.

Yea, and it doesn't knock down while on CD. So whether your animation cancelling it through other means, or Q-canceling, it won't knock down on CD no matter what. 

Posted

When you do the Pen Wind spam combo, does PW still knockdown?

For those not aware it's Q-cancel, kick, shift+LMB in quick succession. You need Sharp Feather 1 skilled. If you hold down shift+LMB and continue to hit F/kick at the correct timing you'll fire off a PW each time until you run OOM. Obviously the following PWs won't KD as it'll be on CD, but will the first? I've only used it in PvE to learn the combo so far hence the question.

Posted

When you do the Pen Wind spam combo, does PW still knockdown?

For those not aware it's Q-cancel, kick, shift+LMB in quick succession. You need Sharp Feather 1 skilled. If you hold down shift+LMB and continue to hit F/kick at the correct timing you'll fire off a PW each time until you run OOM. Obviously the following PWs won't KD as it'll be on CD, but will the first? I've only used it in PvE to learn the combo so far hence the question.

When you do the spam CD, the first will knockdown. Anything after that will not. 

1 person likes this

Posted

When you do the spam CD, the first will knockdown. Anything after that will not. 

Great, cheers. :)

Posted

Blasting Gust will knock down without it's Ultimate. You just need to immobilize yourself and cast the spell as it was "intended" to be used, no animation cancels or anything. The Ultimate for this spell is pretty bad, I'd get the ability to rank 3 and leave it at that. Also remember that it won't knockdown if it's on cooldown. It's very frequently on CD since you use it to Q-cancel. So if you want to knock someone down with it, you'll have to hold off on Q-canceling for a few seconds.

Penetrating Wind also knocks targets down. It's much longer ranged than Blasting Gust, and hits harder as well in my experience. You can animation cancel this one and still land the knockdown and the damage. My favorite cancel for this is definitely [S + E] > [Shift + LMB + RMB], that's the Tearing Arrow animation cancel for Penetrating Wind. Looks cool, and has extremely long range. 

You can somewhat cancel with back+Q+LMB flow skill

Posted (edited)

It doesn't knockdown when cancelling in my experience, no, but it does when you use it with the Pinpoint combo (I forget the name sorry).

Pinpointing Gust:  S+LMB, Q

Edited by vecte
1 person likes this

Posted

Not quite right. Blasting Gust always knocks down when not on cooldown so long as the enemy isn't in an I-frame. Most people tend to use their skills too quickly, however, and only put out the knockdown on the first Q-cancel.

That said, OP - here are the CC's that the ranger has:

- Blasting Gust (off cooldown); Knockdown

- Explosive Evasive Shot, Knockdown

- RMB after Call from the Sky (W/F+LMB+SPACE); Stagger

-Descending Current; Knockdown

These are most, if not all of the PvP-only ones. I assume you're only concerned about PvP CCs anyway.

Posted

Not quite right. Blasting Gust always knocks down when not on cooldown so long as the enemy isn't in an I-frame. Most people tend to use their skills too quickly, however, and only put out the knockdown on the first Q-cancel.

I haven't had this experience, tested Blasting Gust a lot in the arena with a friend. It knocked down pretty frequently when fired off CD, and with it's full animation. It never knocked down when used during a cancel though, whether it was on CD or not. We tested for about 30 minutes, so I guess I just can't land knockdowns. It'd be worth mentioning I have a +15 bronze dagger and I'm 53, where as he was 51. 

Posted

I haven't had this experience, tested Blasting Gust a lot in the arena with a friend. It knocked down pretty frequently when fired off CD, and with it's full animation. It never knocked down when used during a cancel though, whether it was on CD or not. We tested for about 30 minutes, so I guess I just can't land knockdowns. It'd be worth mentioning I have a +15 bronze dagger and I'm 53, where as he was 51. 

Strange, because I get the knockdown in PvP 100% of the time off cooldown while Q-Canceling. Are you sure you're doing it right? [Q]+[A/D]+[LMB]

Posted

Can confirm. While I was doing my Accuracy tests yesterday, I noticed that I NEVER got a KD when I did Q-cancels (whereas I did get some when I used the full animation). 

Posted

Strange, because I get the knockdown in PvP 100% of the time off cooldown while Q-Canceling. Are you sure you're doing it right? [Q]+[A/D]+[LMB]

I've got quite a lot of PvP experience, been 50 since day 1. I'm positive I'm doing it correctly. 

I feel like, in theory, you're correct. It should work as long as it's not on CD. However, I have quite a lot of experience (As I said >.<), and it just refuses to knock down an opponent if you Q-cancel the animation. You've got to use the full animation it seems. 

Perhaps it knocks down if you use the Tearing Arrow cancel, that's the only scenario I can see it knocking down with a cancelled animation. I know that someone mentioned this above. The thing is though, whether use the Q animation, or you cancel it with Tearing Arrow, they're about the same exact time spent in animation. Meaning either way, you're going to be immobilizing yourself to land the knock down. 

I've also noticed that it rarely knocks down in PvP scenarios. I realize this is because of people's high KD resist and how easy it is to get KD resist. Still annoying as hell though. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0