• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger CC's

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've got quite a lot of PvP experience, been 50 since day 1. I'm positive I'm doing it correctly. 

I feel like, in theory, you're correct. It should work as long as it's not on CD. However, I have quite a lot of experience (As I said >.<), and it just refuses to knock down an opponent if you Q-cancel the animation. You've got to use the full animation it seems. 

Perhaps it knocks down if you use the Tearing Arrow cancel, that's the only scenario I can see it knocking down with a cancelled animation. I know that someone mentioned this above. The thing is though, whether use the Q animation, or you cancel it with Tearing Arrow, they're about the same exact time spent in animation. Meaning either way, you're going to be immobilizing yourself to land the knock down. 

Hidden Content

I get where you're coming from, but I have to dissent. I've played the Korean client for 11 months, and also have quite a bit of PvP experience. I don't think it's a question of experience at all. If your friend is a warrior or Valkyrie, block will always negate the knockdown. Valkyrie also has a skill that makes them and surrounding allies immune to CC for 6 seconds.

Be sure in testing that your friend also has no knockdown resist or Zereth/Taritas armor equipped, as pieces of these have innate resistance. Testing should be done naked to assure no outside factors come into play.

I'm not going to argue it with you, though. Q cancel does in fact knockdown if conditions are met to do so. This isn't 'in theory' at all - it's part of a combo I use very frequently in the PvP I take part in each day, in nearly every fight.

Edited by Day

Posted

I get where you're coming from, but I have to dissent. I've played the Korean client for 11 months, and also have quite a bit of PvP experience. I don't think it's a question of experience at all. If your friend is a warrior or Valkyrie, block will always negate the knockdown. Valkyrie also has a skill that makes them and surrounding allies immune to CC for 6 seconds.

Be sure in testing that your friend also has no knockdown resist or Zereth/Taritas armor equipped, as pieces of these have innate resistance. Testing should be done naked to assure no outside factors come into play.

I'm not going to argue it with you, though. Q cancel does in fact knockdown if conditions are met to do so. This isn't 'in theory' at all - it's part of a combo I use very frequently in the PvP I take part in each day, in nearly every fight.

/shrug

Different experiences, I guess.

I was testing with a wizard.

Posted

Blasting Gust will knock down without it's Ultimate. You just need to immobilize yourself and cast the spell as it was "intended" to be used, no animation cancels or anything. The Ultimate for this spell is pretty bad, I'd get the ability to rank 3 and leave it at that. Also remember that it won't knockdown if it's on cooldown. It's very frequently on CD since you use it to Q-cancel. So if you want to knock someone down with it, you'll have to hold off on Q-canceling for a few seconds.

Penetrating Wind also knocks targets down. It's much longer ranged than Blasting Gust, and hits harder as well in my experience. You can animation cancel this one and still land the knockdown and the damage. My favorite cancel for this is definitely [S + E] > [Shift + LMB + RMB], that's the Tearing Arrow animation cancel for Penetrating Wind. Looks cool, and has extremely long range. 

Couldn't seem to get pw to knock down in pvp, tested it in the arena but nothing.

Posted

Couldn't seem to get pw to knock down in pvp, tested it in the arena but nothing.

As Day was arguing, it depends on your opponents KD resist, as well as if you're using the spell off of cooldown or not. I don't have the ability to open the game right now, so I'm not sure if the KD only applies at higher ranks, but this could be a factor as to why your PW is not knocking down. 

Posted

As Day was arguing, it depends on your opponents KD resist, as well as if you're using the spell off of cooldown or not. I don't have the ability to open the game right now, so I'm not sure if the KD only applies at higher ranks, but this could be a factor as to why your PW is not knocking down. 

I didn't get a knock down with PW until PW4. Could be a max rank thing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I didn't get a knock down with PW until PW4. Could be a max rank thing.

I have rank 4 and used bronze dagger vs warrior and tried 10 times (hes naked) and nothing. Do i need to combo it for knockdown?

i dont have tearin arrow / flows

@Ayl

Edited by Sadist

Posted

I have rank 4 and used bronze dagger vs warrior and tried 10 times (hes naked) and nothing. Do i need to combo it for knockdown?

i dont have tearin arrow / flows

@Ayl

Everyone has 20% KD resist by default, I've definitely knocked down with the spell quite a few times. I feel like Blasting Gust knocks down more often, but this is probably just a feeling. 

Posted

I feel like Blasting Gust knocks down more often, but this is probably just a feeling. 

UltBG>BG>S+E&Q>S+E&PW>E&PW>PW im sure u can test it by yrself (at least w.o UltBG)

Posted

Everyone has 20% KD resist by default, I've definitely knocked down with the spell quite a few times. I feel like Blasting Gust knocks down more often, but this is probably just a feeling. 

I know everybody has 20% regular resist but I tried it so many times and all it does is push them back a little (yes i have rank 4) meanwhile blasting gust works fine, so does charging kick.

Posted (edited)

Can anybody clarify what the tool tip "During PvP, a maximum of 60% will be applied", that is shown when you mouse over you CC-resistances, means? 

Edited by hihey54

Posted

everybody who has an ounce of knowledge has knockdown res at 60%. If you dont you are a fool

Posted

Just RNG; BG off CD KDs on successful hit but the chance for it is like, miniscule. It really is just a movement skill because its burst is mediocre too, compared to straight shotgun

Started pvping sometime after 50. Started game with conq pack. To date I have gotten one PW knockdown proc. Might just be my luck. I use bronze dagger

Posted

I found that lvl 3 EES bound effect is pretty reliable.

I also don't get KD's from Blasting Gust when i Q cancel it, only in the full animation.

Tearing Arrow + Pen Wind seems to have a higher KD chance then Blasting Gust, from my experience.

Posted

I was gvg'ing against 3 guilds at the same time today and had quite a bit of long range knockdowns with PW when they would step out of Trent. I will try to record some GVG battles and show it working. My comp just isn't the greatest for recording this game atm lol.

Posted (edited)

I was gvg'ing against 3 guilds at the same time today and had quite a bit of long range knockdowns with PW when they would step out of Trent. I will try to record some GVG battles and show it working. My comp just isn't the greatest for recording this game atm lol.

Does it only knockdown with E cancel? Just regular PW doesn't do shit for me lol.

Edited by Sadist

Posted

Does it only knockdown with E cancel? Just regular PW doesn't do shit for me lol.

I don't cancel it hardly ever. I actually got knock downs full casting it while my guildies were chasing them multiple times. 

Posted

I get regular KD with S+E>Shift+LMB+RMB. 

Posted

I don't cancel it hardly ever. I actually got knock downs full casting it while my guildies were chasing them multiple times. 

That's so weird.. how I'm not getting the same results.

Are you using steel on same leveled players? or do I need bronze + level advantage or something..

Posted

Are you using steel on same leveled players? or do I need bronze + level advantage or something..

If you're using Steel, you're missing out on a large deal of accuracy, that would explain the frequent misses. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a +12 steel dagger, but I never use it unless I feel like hating myself. Even in PVE I kill lower level mobs faster with a bronze, and I never use anything else in PVP because trying to pvp against players 150+ DP without bronze is just a nightmare and I run into that quite a bit on my server. I'm also in one of the most hated guilds so I get my fair share of pvp against very well geared people. 

Posted

If you're using Steel, you're missing out on a large deal of accuracy, that would explain the frequent misses. 

Using a +10 bronze at 54 and still can't land knockdowns in pvp.

Granted maybe i'm the most unlucky person in the world and always proc knockdown resist but I don't think I fight 55s all day either.

@Shanst Takeda

Dp matters for knockdowns/accuracy?

Posted

Granted maybe i'm the most unlucky person in the world and always proc knockdown resist but I don't think I fight 55s all day either.

@Shanst Takeda

Only +10 at 54? 

Posted (edited)

Only +10 at 54? 

maxed out steel, hoarding 150 stones for liverto

didnt bother since either way i dont land knockdowns

Edited by Sadist

Posted

maxed out steel, hoarding 150 stones for liverto

didnt bother since either way i dont land knockdowns

The +~17 (+19 if you have it upgraded to blue quality) accuracy that the Bronze Dagger provides at +15 might change that. 

Posted

@Shanst Takeda

hihey54 tested it in his Accuracy Thread, that DP in fact drops your accuracy if it's high enough, so you will need more Accuracy the higher the DP of the target is. I actually did my +15 Bronze dagger (DUO: Ring of Good Deeds, i actually dropped my Mark of Shadows) after reading his thread. I hope RNG jesus is my friend and gives me TRI: Ring of Good Deeds. 

All i can say is, if a target runs away i almost always have a KD on them, unless i ----- up and something is in the way like a tree or mob, or the target is in a iframe (fu sorceress).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0