• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Vsync Forced On - Windowed & Windowed Fullscreen

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Vsync function is ruining peoples FPS.

I can force it off in my Control Panel, but this only effects Fullscreen Mode. It DOES NOT effect Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Mode.

For some reason Windowed & Fullscreen Windowed are forced to run with Vsync. This is causing MAJOR FPS issues.

If a rig can only run the game at ~45 FPS, the Vsync will jump your FPS from ~45 to 30 over and over again. Causing slowdowns and stuttering.

The GPU can run the game at ~45 FPS, but because the Vsync is trying to give you "smooth" gameplay it's forcing it to go down to 30 FPS. Whenever the Vsync is fighting with the GPU's capabilities this is causing all of the stuttering and slowdowns for MANY peoples rigs.

If we could FORCE OFF Vsync, then the issue would be solved.

Posted

iono i run it at 60 fps no problem on both rigs, 970 and 780

Posted

Currently it looks like there is no fix. I've noticed when turning off the Vsync in the Nvidia control panel that full screen FPS SKYROCKETS. We are talking like 120 FPS when Full Screen is on. Windowed Full Screen is a different story. Dipping as low as 25 fps in some areas, Even with my 980ti and 4790k. Are you using either of the two pieces of hardware I just stated? I'm trying to narrow down the issue for me as well. Sounds like we share a similar issue.

Posted

Hi all,

dear OP the game will always use your Windows desktop's refresh rate and v-sync it. This is due to the fact that it is WINDOWED (border around it or not) and this is completely correct and normal.

What is not normal, is that the game underperforms with V-Sync enabled and that there is no way ingame to disable v-sync is pretty much abysmal from a technical design point of view.

Posted

Does anyone know of a solution to turn v-sync off for AMD cards? I can't get it to work via: Radeon Settings -> Games -> Add BlackDesert64 and BlackDesertLauncher -> Wait for Vertical Sync -> Always Off

Is there another way that actually works?

Posted

Hi all,

dear OP the game will always use your Windows desktop's refresh rate and v-sync it. This is due to the fact that it is WINDOWED (border around it or not) and this is completely correct and normal.

What is not normal, is that the game underperforms with V-Sync enabled and that there is no way ingame to disable v-sync is pretty much abysmal from a technical design point of view.

I don't find this normal at all.  Wildstar is 110-120fps in a bordered window and LoTRO is about the same with a GTX970.  Both run smooth.  This is on a 60hz HDTV. 

Much agreed on the underperformance and no ability to disable v-sync.