• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I know that this will start an infinite flame against me and an enormous number of downvote but i don't care.

I played ranger in this cbt and i come from both KR and RU bdo. I want everyone that played ranger be honest and answer this: Do ranger deserve a nerf?

My answer is yes because the mechanic of the class is really good animation are well made etc but the dmg is just stupid... 90% of the video i see about archer is ppl spamming that direction+RMB -> LMB and spinning around the enemy winning every single 1v1... Why no one ever do a knock down combo or something like that?

Let the fight begin...

6 people like this

Posted

My answer to this goes as follows for people who can't counter Rangers:

hqdefault.jpg

11 people like this

Posted

If you haven't noticed, our CC's rarely work in PVP. it's so unreliable that we HAVE to do aoe burst because it's the only way to ensure results. If you catch up to a ranger and grab it, its pretty much dead. This will be very evident when ninjas and bladers get added.

1 person likes this

Posted

the game is still in cbt and people are complaining already :I

1 person likes this

Posted

My answer to this goes as follows for people who can't counter Rangers:

hqdefault.jpg

You are da real mvp... I'm sure you are one of those noobs that spam that skill and run to the best gear just cuz you can't play other class... YOU SHOULD GIT GUT and learn to play in another way and show people that archer has potential...

If you haven't noticed, our CC's rarely work in PVP. it's so unreliable that we HAVE to do aoe burst because it's the only way to ensure results. If you catch up to a ranger and grab it, its pretty much dead. This will be very evident when ninjas and bladers get added.

I can say that you are right about the lack of CC on ranger but well this is totally not a good excuse to make a class for braindead people that with 2 button can beat everyone else that have to go crazy with combo and tactics to beat your class. Also you have to think that if i'm on a class i can't switch char just to face an archer...

It's not a complain i was just asking if other archer thinks that their class is a bit op...

Anyway it's pretty obvious that NONE will ever admit that his own class is broken i get it... This is the quality of the players nowadays that instead of ask for a perfect balance and make the game fun for everyone they just play that broken class and than tell to other "git gud"...

2 people like this

Posted

You are da real mvp... I'm sure you are one of those noobs that spam that skill and run to the best gear just cuz you can't play other class... YOU SHOULD GIT GUT and learn to play in another way and show people that archer has potential...

I can say that you are right about the lack of CC on ranger but well this is totally not a good excuse to make a class for braindead people that with 2 button can beat everyone else that have to go crazy with combo and tactics to beat your class. Also you have to think that if i'm on a class i can't switch char just to face an archer...

It's not a complain i was just asking if other archer thinks that their class is a bit op...

Anyway it's pretty obvious that NONE will ever admit that his own class is broken i get it... This is the quality of the players nowadays that instead of ask for a perfect balance and make the game fun for everyone they just play that broken class and than tell to other "git gud"...

I don't even main a ranger, besides. Any melee with grab can just destroy them if you time everything right.

Are they highly mobile, yes. Does that make them hard to counter? Depends on the situation.

Posted

Yes ranger is easy but hard to kill ??? plsss 

Posted

I know that this will start an infinite flame against me and an enormous number of downvote but i don't care.

I played ranger in this cbt and i come from both KR and RU bdo. I want everyone that played ranger be honest and answer this: Do ranger deserve a nerf?

My answer is yes because the mechanic of the class is really good animation are well made etc but the dmg is just stupid... 90% of the video i see about archer is ppl spamming that direction+RMB -> LMB and spinning around the enemy winning every single 1v1... Why no one ever do a knock down combo or something like that?

Let the fight begin...

OMFG have you even tried ranger?
I should think it's the clas who has the less health and the damage results often in low health and my answer is NO.
I mean if that happens I hope that the warrior and all the rest of the "tank" classes gets a nerf for their health.

Ive read alot of complaint in my days here but this is one of the worst.
no nerf plz 

Posted

I don't even main a ranger, besides. Any melee with grab can just destroy them if you time everything right.

Are they highly mobile, yes. Does that make them hard to counter? Depends on the situation.

Exactly like you said "Any melee with grab can just destroy them if you time EVERYTHING RIGHT".

That's exactly the problem... Is the class for every noob that is not able to be good with other classes...

Yes ranger is easy but hard to kill ??? plsss 

I didn't say hard to kill lol i said that it's annoying in the way 99% of the ppl play it... The day i will find an archer using other skill instead of that aoe spam s**t i will be happy and i will congratulate him.

Posted

No.

He is offering his personal feed-back, and we are discussing it.

Don't make it seem like every little nit-pick at the game is "complaining."

2 people like this

Posted

OMFG have you even tried ranger?I should think it's the clas who has the less health and the damage results often in low health and my answer is NO.
I mean if that happens I hope that the warrior and all the rest of the "tank" classes gets a nerf for their health.

Ive read alot of complaint in my days here but this is one of the worst.
no nerf plz 

OMFG did i even tried ranger?! Yes i did and also almost all other classes and that's why i made this post... Yes if ranger get in a grab is dead but the point is how much skill is required for the attacker to be able to grab him? And how much """skill""" is required for the archer to avoid this? I think that to balance archer they just have to force cooldown on that aoe spam skill so that people will start also use other skill and learn how to play archer properly.

Posted (edited)

Unless you have personal expierence playing a ranger at high level pvp you cant really make any calls just based on what you saw in videos.  Of course it looks like they always win in the videos because people for the most part only make videos of themselves winning.  Rangers are the glass canon of the game, they have great damage so when things go right for them it looks like their overpowered, when things go wrong it is not pretty, and makes it look like the class sucks.  As is, the ranger is fine, its high risk high reward, win big or lose big.  And just because there is a certain skill many rangers favor doesnt mean its broken, every class has their bread and butter skill they use the most, just how it works, there is no "proper" way to play the class you play it however you want, no ones forcing you to use certain skills.

Edited by BobZeConqueror
2 people like this

Posted

OMFG did i even tried ranger?! Yes i did and also almost all other classes and that's why i made this post... Yes if ranger get in a grab is dead but the point is how much skill is required for the attacker to be able to grab him? And how much """skill""" is required for the archer to avoid this? I think that to balance archer they just have to force cooldown on that aoe spam skill so that people will start also use other skill and learn how to play archer properly.

I really hope they don't nerf ranger.
then they can nerf warrior and berserker as well in my eyes.

Posted

This situation doesn't exist only in EU&NA but in the other versions as well. So saying the game is still in CBT isn't really helping in this case.

The thing is - true Rangers are a pain in the ass but so are Wizards and Sorcs. I think the class has a good advantage over other classes however I won't go as far as nerf them. However I won't say I'm an expert as I didn't really do PvP in this test and only a few times in KR which was ages ago so yeah.

Posted

Sorry but you are calling for a nerf to Rangers based on "Videos" you have watched?

90% of the video i see about archer is ppl spamming that direction+RMB -> LMB and spinning around the enemy winning every single 1v1... Why no one ever do a knock down combo or something like that?

I assume those videos were posed for the reason of them kicking the other persons ass. Not often do people post the matches where they lose the PvP match.

What level did you get your ranger and every other class in the past 5 days where you have the overwhelming knowledge to call for a nerf?

Posted

OP? I deal little damage to my own dmg i dont get it

Posted

i need to see pvp at 50 or higher first in our version to give my thoughts about this.. 

pvp below 50 represents nothing 

Posted

90% of the video i see about archer is ppl spamming that direction+RMB -> LMB and spinning around the enemy winning every single 1v1... Why no one ever do a knock down combo or something like that?

Your call to action is the right move for the wrong reason.

If Rangers were just a class based on their S+RMB>LMB as their viable combo, then yes: I too would ask for a nerf. However, the issue is much more complex, and those videos only tell a part of the story.

As it turns out, Explosive Evasive Shot - the skill you are referring to - is only a mobility skill. In both KR and RU servers - and for that matter, any gameplay past starter gear - it's a mobility skill only. This would imply that the rangers in your video simply massively outgear their opponents, as this tactic would never work otherwise.

I come from BDO-KR (+15 Ranger) and have played CBT1-NA (up to 40 - right before Evasive Extreme Shot). In both cases, I have never experienced a problem with S+RMB>LMB being overly powerful. In both cases, I feel that Ranger is a high payoff class - either it wins by a ridiculously high margin, or it dies in a single combo. Your experiences do not match mine, as my experiences conclude that no nerf is needed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your call to action is the right move for the wrong reason.
If Rangers were just a class based on their S+RMB>LMB as their viable combo, then yes: I too would ask for a nerf. However, the issue is much more complex, and those videos only tell a part of the story.

As it turns out, Explosive Evasive Shot - the skill you are referring to - is only a mobility skill. In both KR and RU servers - and for that matter, any gameplay past starter gear - it's a mobility skill only. This would imply that the rangers in your video simply massively outgear their opponents, as this tactic would never work otherwise.

I come from BDO-KR (+15 Ranger) and have played CBT1-NA (up to 40 - right before Evasive Extreme Shot). In both cases, I have never experienced a problem with S+RMB>LMB being overly powerful. In both cases, I feel that Ranger is a high payoff class - either it wins by a ridiculously high margin, or it dies in a single combo. Your experiences do not match mine, as my experiences conclude that no nerf is needed.

Finally someone that gived a proper answer. Ok i have a few question for you: When you faced people with your same gear on kr how was the damage? Because the problem about explosive shot is that like you said the damage was crazy and i have also to say that all the video i saw wasn't from the archer pov but from another one raping them... I just don't like the fact that most of archer use only that skill.

Posted (edited)

I have played the Ru version until 51 ( before the media patch ) and if you check the reddit posts, you could clearly see that people  ( guys with the best gear in the server with archer ) were saying that archers were the worst class for 1v1 pvp,  sorcs and giants being the best ones ( as they could be raped in a single combo by those classes even when they had much worse gear ). At that time the max echants were +15.

Im not sure how the game is when you speak about +16+ echants, but from what i have seen in some korean videos, everybody can kill other people in a few skills.

Also from my experience in the ru version, when you play agains people with about the same gear as you ( you being a ranger i mean ), i could die in 1 combo from many classes ( sorc, warrior , giant etc) while id have to kite for a while when attacking to be able to defeat them. 

Also the ranger eats mana pots like there is no tomorrow, im not sure how will it work with the higher cd pots in this version.

Anyway i was thinking on trying the valkyrie but unfortunately it wasnt released on this beta.

pd: the main combo for archers i guess its Q cancelling, or using SPACE after an evasive shoot ( dont remember the passive skill but it shoots a lot of arrows but also eats 1/3 of mana )

Edited by Asutsi

Posted (edited)

When you faced people with your same gear on kr how was the damage? Because the problem about explosive shot is that like you said the damage was crazy and i have also to say that all the video i saw wasn't from the archer pov but from another one raping them... I just don't like the fact that most of archer use only that skill.

Would you mind linking said video? That should clarify a lot of our confusion. I have never seen an equally geared 1v1 where a ranger can get away with such a simple tactic without dying.

On KR, you kill someone by lowering their HP with chip damage to about 50%, then bursting the rest down with a combo of your choice. The damage isn't high enough to use Explosive Evasive Shot alone, but it's good enough for the method I just described. Chipping someone down enough is pretty difficult, especially with potions, and the combos aren't easy to do either (think six skills in about 2.5 seconds). It's nothing like what you've described so far.

Edited by Crit

Posted (edited)

Rangers damage is only high when they have upgraded gear and even then going up againts someone with equally high gear they do average sustain damage from their Q + <> + LMB. Ranger lack CC and most of their CCs has slower and more obvious cast time than other classes. I dont think they need a nerf, as of now warriors > rangers at an equal gear due to blocks. Warrior, beserker and sorcerers only have to land one CC to kill a ranger and not to mention sorcerer being able to 100 to 0 a ranger in 2 ~ 3 skills.They need the mobility to keep up their sustained damage which is what theyre built for. 

And for rangers that DO NOT use mana pots in dueling they will only be able to use kick cancelling which does little to no damage on a highly geared person. The only reason why Q does so much damage is because of the 10% HP scaling. On top of that rangers dodging is limited to their stamina so if a ranger cannot kill a warrior for example before she runs out of stamina, the warrior has alot of chances in catching her.

S+LMB is BAD because it uses up ALOT of endurance. Simply kick cancelling uses up half the endurance and allows rangers to move twice the distance for the same amount. Also S+LMB does very little damage, its basically an auto attack with 2 shots at once, rangers main damage comes from Q+<>+LMB.

Also saying it requires less skill, well properly play it for a longer duration and go up againts better players. Rangers need to manage their stamina and mana ALOT (If they use mana pots then dont bother about mana). As a classthat CANNOT afford to be caught even once and the moment they run out of stamina they only have evasive explosive shot which they wont be able to use if theyve used up all their mana on Q cancelling. 

Also im confused about you talking about Rangers AOE spam skill. Cause both Evasive Explosive Shot (<>+RMB) and Reapers Flurry (Q) is completely different skills. Both are AOE yes but are used for different situations.

Edited by Nixx
1 person likes this

Posted

Rangers don't need a nerf, they need knockdown skills to work in pvp, to give time to charge those hard hitting ones. 

Until then, evasive shot animation canceling it is!

Posted

I don't really feel that Ranger needs more of a knockdown than it already has. Penetrate Wind has a pretty good chance to start a combo, on top of the ridiculously powerful chip damage that Ranger can pull off on a pursuing opponent. If it was nerfed in some other way, then maybe it would need CC - but right now, it feels fine.

Posted

some people should rly try playing a ranger in pve and pvp above 50 before explaining why they should deserve a nerf. ranger is ok and well balanced compared to the other classes

2 people like this