• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rednose worldboss - valkyrie cant use block?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

So apparently valkyries are completely useless here as the boss just 1hitkills in blockstance.  my shield is completely useless it seems and  only celestial is a useable attack since the rest just gets me killed... died already like 30 times in 20minutes because of bullcrap.

Posted

Yep.

Posted

Warrior cant either, gotta dodge and roll :P

Posted

Similar situation with warrior, but at least we have the mobility to charge in and out.

1 person likes this

Posted

You need a min of 120 dp to

block and survive. 

Posted

Yeah tanks in this game are pretty useless. Might as well give warriors the greatswords now and well...valkyries will still have shields but they'll have a neat lance.

1 person likes this

Posted

block and survive. 

That doesn't seem all that difficult to reach. I'm only 4x +6 on my Armor slots and +6 on Shield and I'm at 86 DP.
Combining Rage Absorb with Heavens Echo gives me an extra 37 for 60 seconds. 

And I'm only level 35 ...

Posted

Lol keep thinking tanks are useless in a game u obviously know nothing about 

Posted (edited)

This is good boss for delvling ^^ 

Real tank will come this week i think, when we see Valkyrie awaking :)

Edited by Deska

Posted (edited)

block and survive. 

bullshit.. i have 113DP with my 2buffs (20+30 + 113 = 163 DP for 30sec) and still cant block.. 

Oh no I can't block the 20 story tall boss who has the capacity to make earthquakes with stomps without getting my shit rekt! Sounds about right. 

u need to understand i cant do ANYTHING apparently.. 1 hit every now and then is BULLSHIT. 
how am I suposed to win this fight? i lost 16% already (level 51..) YEAH MAN! GREAT WORLDBOSS! GG 10/10 DESIGN. (yes, i'm sad cus mad cus bad cus fat)

Edited by Nagasaki

Posted (edited)

Lol keep thinking tanks are useless in a game u obviously know nothing about 

Why are tanks even necessary in a bob and weave game? It's just an excuse to be an OP damage sponge in pvp.

Edited by Emforay

Posted

Why are tanks even necessary in a bob and weave game? It's just an excuse to be an OP damage sponge in pvp.

Because you still want the boss to aim generally in one location. Even without a dedicated Tanking class, whoever happens to be doing the most damage is presently the "Tank" as they have the mobs attention. Better to have classes with the ability to absorb that incoming damage. 

Last thing you want as a nice squishy melee is for the boss to suddenly be spun around to face you. 
Not just that, But someone holding a boss in one spot makes the boss die faster. How? Everyone else gets easy endless Back Attacks. 

Also, related to the topic, i did red somewhere that the bosses are tuned for +20 enchant levels where we can only get up to +15. IIRC, there was a big stink kicked up over the success rates vs power gained at the 16 - 20 stage which is why we don't have it yet.

Posted

I hope you're not trying to solo the damn thing... You need like 30-50+ people for it apparently. The world bosses are quite broken atm. 

ofcourse not alone >.> we were with somewhere between 30-40 people. im just gonna give up.. this is bullshit..
apparently worldbosses are meant to be for rangers and wizards/witches.

"Tanks" in this game are here to do a few things for their groupsFrom a Valk perspective here is how I help my group.
PvE:

Healing 

Taunting mobs off of my squishy mage friends

soaking the damage from all the crap I just taunted for my group 

Lots of CC

PvP:

CCing the crap out of everything that moves so my friends have more time to get off some nice damaging abilities. 

Healing

Jumping in front of a friend who is getting wailed on with my guard up to soak damage and let them fall back and recover a bit.

I appreciate the input but at rednose there is nothing to heal... 1 simple attack is enough to kill u instantly. so you are either 100% HP or -9000% HP
also, I don't think by just healing i will get a reward out of the boss without having done even 1 dmg. 

Posted

"Tanks" in this game are here to do a few things for their groupsFrom a Valk perspective here is how I help my group.
PvE:

Healing 

Taunting mobs off of my squishy mage friends

soaking the damage from all the crap I just taunted for my group 

Lots of CC

PvP:

CCing the crap out of everything that moves so my friends have more time to get off some nice damaging abilities. 

Healing

Jumping in front of a friend who is getting wailed on with my guard up to soak damage and let them fall back and recover a bit.

I like valkyries, though I will say they drew the short end of the stick with their awakening. All they get is a lance while Warrior turns into some shit from Berserk. But I guess if you like lances then no harm no foul.

Because you still want the boss to aim generally in one location. Even without a dedicated Tanking class, whoever happens to be doing the most damage is presently the "Tank" as they have the mobs attention. Better to have classes with the ability to absorb that incoming damage. 

Last thing you want as a nice squishy melee is for the boss to suddenly be spun around to face you. 
Not just that, But someone holding a boss in one spot makes the boss die faster. How? Everyone else gets easy endless Back Attacks. 

Also, related to the topic, i did red somewhere that the bosses are tuned for +20 enchant levels where we can only get up to +15. IIRC, there was a big stink kicked up over the success rates vs power gained at the 16 - 20 stage which is why we don't have it yet.

Fair enough. Too bad so many bosses are so hard to hold out against even as tank unless you have op gear.

Posted

Their awakening weap is why I'm maining a Valk lol. I like that Wars get to be more damagey with their awakening and greatswords are awesome

seems like Valk gets to hit marginally harder but gets a lot more tanky with the lance since it's easier to hit things without them hitting you with that reach :D

Im just keen to see how they differentiate the gameplay, given that the Warrior gets massively different, s it lost the shield entirely, but the Valk will keep it. I'd very much like to see more aggressive shield strikes. I enjoy bashing things with shields >_>

Posted

Ya tanking in this game is weird. Try taunting the boss then jump, sprint, dodge like a crazy person. Throw in the odd attack when the boss stops in animation. Repeat. Tanking in BDO = Kiting. And rangers and sorcs do a better job :P

Posted

This is good boss for delvling ^^ 

Real tank will come this week i think, when we see Valkyrie awaking :)

I'm not mad or anything, but are they really gonna release awakenings before they release the rest of the classes?

Posted

I'm not mad or anything, but are they really gonna release awakenings before they release the rest of the classes?

I am Valki player too and i know what you feel, hehe. Valki awakening will be released this moth in Korea BD i think. Before we get this update it will take around 6 months i think. 

Posted (edited)

I am Valki player too and i know what you feel, hehe. Valki awakening will be released this moth in Korea BD i think. Before we get this update it will take around 6 months i think. 

Oh ok phew. I thought if we got awakenings before bladers and ninjas that the yet-to-be released classes would be neglected. Hopefully the gameplay trailer for Blader awakening will come around soon, that's the one i'm most excited for :)

Edited by Emforay

Posted

Oh ok phew. I thought if we got awakenings before bladers and ninjas that the yet-to-be released classes would be neglected. Hopefully the gameplay trailer for Blader will come around soon, that's the one i'm most excited for :)

We will see Blader at ending Valki Awakening. 

Posted

as a warrior i was completly useless on that boss, died like 20-30 times and lost around 33% xp  at lvl 49, a boss that looks like a normal monster and thats meh... with no loot , that insta kills you and has a crap mechanic = bullshit , very disappointed.  try to compare that boss with Baium, Antharas or other rly epic world bosses. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Dark Eus

You're not even at soft cap and have trash gear and you're complaining because you cant survive current endgame pve?

youre doing it wrong, get 50+ improve your gear for a couple weeks and try again.

you being ill prepared is not = broken boss.

Edited by Arvalo
2 people like this

Posted

what are you people even doing there? There is enough grind as it is no need to be loosing XP over that thing....the drops are meh either way...16% at 51 geez I d go nuts...i lost 1% at 52 cause of internet failing and I almost wept....i m seeing the mobs from the monastery in my sleep from all the grinding....dont do that to yourselves....😝

Posted

My giant at 184 dp can take a hit off rednose without dying.

Posted

block and survive. 

false warriors/valks/giants in my guild are all over 160 , still get 1 shot

My giant at 184 dp can take a hit off rednose without dying.

nice so, 175 dp ? to not die in 1 hit ?

as a warrior i was completly useless on that boss, died like 20-30 times and lost around 33% xp  at lvl 49, a boss that looks like a normal monster and thats meh... with no loot , that insta kills you and has a crap mechanic = bullshit , very disappointed.  try to compare that boss with Baium, Antharas or other rly epic world bosses. 

you're not even 50 , plz .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0