• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rednose worldboss - valkyrie cant use block?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Tanking is weird in this game.

It works.

But it's weird.

Posted (edited)

bullshit.. i have 113DP with my 2buffs (20+30 + 113 = 163 DP for 30sec) and still cant block.. 

u need to understand i cant do ANYTHING apparently.. 1 hit every now and then is BULLSHIT. how am I suposed to win this fight? i lost 16% already (level 51..) YEAH MAN! GREAT WORLDBOSS! GG 10/10 DESIGN. (yes, i'm sad cus mad cus bad cus fat)

Not bullshit. But I have 120 base dp as warrior.  I do get a buff when using my shield but at that base point I was able to block once. And survive. Survive meaning not dead. Less than 100hp left after the shield break? Of course. 

Oh yeah. He also has more than one move. The tank buster move where he slightly flashes and it's a top down swing I cannot block. Learning to read your opponents abilities is a huge part of surviving. 

When a cyclops is about to do there wide over the head swing that breaks shield do you stand there and take it or move?

Edited by Samy

Posted

Yes, you cannot stand there like a statue expecting to kill it. All you have to do is dodge behind him when he attacks, do your damage, dodge again after he turns etc. Very, very simple boss.

Posted

Oh no I can't block the 20 story tall boss who has the capacity to make earthquakes with stomps without getting my shit rekt! Sounds about right. 

Block is the cornerstone of what makes warrior and valk possible. This is simply a poorly designed fight; it's as if Rangers couldn't use ranged attacks. 

Posted

World boss is not really viable for now, at least for melee classes who didn't blow RNGesus for their gear enhancements. 

Post 51 lacks efficient grinding spots, although kzarka shrine is decent ish. So the xp loss from the boss really hurts. And when you don't get a drop, you really feel the pain. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not bullshit. But I have 120 base dp as warrior.  I do get a buff when using my shield but at that base point I was able to block once. And survive. Survive meaning not dead. Less than 100hp left after the shield break? Of course. 

Oh yeah. He also has more than one move. The tank buster move where he slightly flashes and it's a top down swing I cannot block. Learning to read your opponents abilities is a huge part of surviving. 

When a cyclops is about to do there wide over the head swing that breaks shield do you stand there and take it or move?

im sorry but cyclops dont break my shield... it ends around 30~33% left.
And im not talking about rednose doing his super duper red flashy rage attack. im talking about his normal attack swing... idk... ill probably wait till im full +15 armor or whatever..

You're not even at soft cap and have trash gear and you're complaining because you cant survive current endgame pve?

youre doing it wrong, get 50+ improve your gear for a couple weeks and try again.

you being ill prepared is not = broken boss.

are u talking about me?
I'm level 51 with 100AP and 113DP.. 

Posted

Yeah tanks in this game are pretty useless. Might as well give warriors the greatswords now and well...valkyries will still have shields but they'll have a neat lance.

Warriors awakened weapon is a Greatsword.

Posted

Warriors awakened weapon is a Greatsword.

Yup, I know that

1 person likes this

Posted

what are you people even doing there? There is enough grind as it is no need to be loosing XP over that thing....the drops are meh either way...16% at 51 geez I d go nuts...i lost 1% at 52 cause of internet failing and I almost wept....i m seeing the mobs from the monastery in my sleep from all the grinding....dont do that to yourselves....😝

you have no idea how i felt and how i was raging xD

im very stubborn when it comes to things like this.
I like a good challenge.. but this is just bullcrap to the max.. 
I'm a tanking class but i cant even tank? wtf! haha

Posted (edited)

im sorry but cyclops dont break my shield... it ends around 30~33% left.And im not talking about rednose doing his super duper red flashy rage attack. im talking about his normal attack swing... idk... ill probably wait till im full +15 armor or whatever..

are u talking about me?I'm level 51 with 100AP and 113DP.. 

nope! I need to go @ that post

edit: done 

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

I am Valki player too and i know what you feel, hehe. Valki awakening will be released this moth in Korea BD i think. Before we get this update it will take around 6 months i think. 

Great, and w8 so long till my class will be playable?

Posted

Aren't the world bosses tuned for lvl 55+?

Posted

Aren't the world bosses tuned for lvl 55+?

It sure feels like it... 

Posted

@Dark Eus

You're not even at soft cap and have trash gear and you're complaining because you cant survive current endgame pve?

youre doing it wrong, get 50+ improve your gear for a couple weeks and try again.

you being ill prepared is not = broken boss.

maybe i was undergeared for it, but stil doesnt change the fact hes meh... and dissapointing overall.

Posted

Which is a completely subjective and valid oppinion. It's just not fact.

wow style boss mechanics aren't generally the kind of thing you find in OW games.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0