• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Market Bot : big problem

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is the problem, seems that some guys are using market bot and buy all blackstones on auction. Blackstones never stay more than 0.5sec. I guess staff could check the logs and ban people using those bots. This gonna ruin the game for real. Seems we will need some captcha to buy in market like on RU...

5 people like this

Posted

Market bots are out of control today on Jordine server :/ Cant buy a single thing at 4am :/

Posted

For real and everything?  Legit, yo.

In all seriousness, you mean the two digit "mini-captcha" is not good enough?

Posted

It's not just blackstones, I can't purchase anything I need for crafting. I sat there refreshing the page for Sturdy Pine Plywood and as soon as one popped up I put in all the info and clicked "purchase" in less than 1 sec. It was already gone. Market bots will be the death of this game. The economy won't function if nobody can purchase the materials they require off the market, or Liverto weapons and the like. Devs absolutely need to address this asap.

Posted (edited)

Same things happend to me but i wonder :

How a bot can bypass the 2 digit captcha ?

Edited by Siscka

Posted

There are no market bots - just highly influenced people who set up market notifications and sit there hitting refresh on the item they want.

The shitty thing is, if you are a bit more laggy then some other people who want the same item, then you are probably never going to win the auctions you want.

Posted

I've witnessed this to some extent.

I was lucky enough to snag items before they vanished, hopefully screwing up their macro.

Posted

It's a simple issue of supply and demand.

There is no macro that can bypass the captcha.

Unless you have PROOF I can't and won't believe that such a thing exists.

Posted

There are no market bots - just highly influenced people who set up market notifications and sit there hitting refresh on the item they want.

This.

Sorry but the example used above of Sturdy Pine Plywood is horrible. Me and no doubt many, MANY others have been stalking that one for ages because hardly anyone has been able to craft it till recently. It took me a fair number of listings to finally snipe my pinewood off the market and I can tell you it's a matter of seconds. It's staring at the screen till the counter goes up, hitting refresh, rushing to max and finishing the purchase trying not to mess up the captcha.

I'd say from the moment it's up it's 2-3 seconds, that's the max it takes me, if even that, and multiply that by the countless other people trying to get their noble wagons crafted.

Posted

I take it back. Apparently there ARE indeed market bots. Captcha isn't as fool proof as we would like to think!

Link to Reddit Post

Posted (edited)

this would fix it and makes it a lot better for players:

Market bots are out of control today on Jordine server :/ Cant buy a single thing at 4am :/

because BDO is encuraging the AH bots with their absurd design on buying items from AH -.- why in the world cant you place an order on items.. its just absurd in my oppinion

I take it back. Apparently there ARE indeed market bots. Captcha isn't as fool proof as we would like to think!

Link to Reddit Post

nope, and in the version they have in its nothing but a silly jesture to trick the ignorant on the area to think they are combatting these bots. but all it does in reality is make it more annoying for legit players... it got absolutely no effect on the bots (due to its simplicity of a captcha, it is so simple to circumvent that it would take any decent programmer less than a day to fix the bots to it.).

Edited by Tjaranis