• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

p2p trading Player to Player Trading, Do YOU want it? Cast your Vote!

Player to Player Trading, Do YOU want it?   443 votes

1. 1. Do you want a P2P Trading system for materials, equipment, etc. (Including restrictions/rules to stop RMT, Gold Sellers, etc)

• YES. I want some sort of Player to Player trade system!
    • YES, and I like your idea specifically.
    • YES, and I have an idea posted below.
    • NO. I'm Afraid of a P2P system!
    • NO. I do not want Player to Player trade system.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First off, I'm sure there are a dozen debates about a player to player trading system out there. I would like this thread to just be an official Vote by the community to see how desirable P2P trade truly is.

That said, I would like to see a simple BOUND, UNSALEABLE, NO in game currency (including ingots) P2P trading system. Possibly Guild Only or Friend Only.

My idea:

1. You can only trade resources, potions, and gear (obviously no trader goods).
  2. You can NOT exchange these items for any type of currency.
  3. Once traded the Items are bound to you and Unsaleable (including market, NPC, trader, everything)
  4. Costs trade points per trade (or per item if possible).
  5. You must be in the same guild as the other player. (debatable).
  6. You can only trade in safe zones.
  7. Both players trading must own a residence. (debatable)
  8. Black stone trading denied OR uses extreme amount of trade points per-stone.
  9. No trading of enhanced gear OR uses all of your trade points.
  10. Trade points like all other energy takes time to regenerate very slow 1 week+ to reach full energy again.
  11. Can boost maximum trade points with "trade exp". Point Cap for trade points.
  12. You must have played the game for at least "2 weeks" to be eligible.

*Note: Trade Points or Trade Energy would be a new form of energy separate from the current energy pools.

Feel free to critique this and let me know if you have a better idea or a valid reason why this wouldn't work. The only down side I see is that you could P2W gear possibly which could be solved by binding marketplace bought items. This however would definitely not break the game, and it would be extremely hard for the "gold sellers" to make a market only trading gear that can't be sold. I suppose the same could be said about resources but really would the farmers try that hard and not just go back to WoW?

Thank You and please reply constructively =)

Edited by Majutsu
Tweaked the wording of the rules to be more clear about Trade Points.
8 people like this

Posted

Search.

Bye.

4 people like this

Posted

I don't really care if it is or not. If they do they should flag everything like with the potions where it no longer has a value and can't be traded again. Black stones should not be able to be traded or if they are they should also flag the weapon/armor they are used on to not be able to be sold or traded either. Only down side is gold sellers will start selling gear instead of gold.

Posted

Uhmm, yes. I want it. 

It's in place to counter gold sellers, but seeing how they have some sort of workaround, i don't see why not? 
As someone who has been playing WoW for over 7 years, i buggs the hell out of me that i cant give my friends items that i find. 

Posted

Player trading should be limited to guilds only. It also would need to add guild storage.

1. Players can only trade raw resources (like logs, ore, herbs), potions, and non-upgraded gear (no +1).
    1. This means players can help each other with gathering, but each player must do his/her own processing. It only slightly speeds up things.
  2. Players must be in the same guild.
  3. Players must be active in the guild a minimum of 1 week.
  4. Traded items become marked for guild use only.
  5. If a player leaves the guild, the unused items get returned to the guild.  
  6. Money/silver can't be traded.
  7. Traded items can't be sold on the marketplace.
  8. Traded items can be sold to an NPC vendor, but at a reduced price.

Opening up trading such items between guild members opens up cooperation. Members can craft boats and other large things to work together. It also enforces the guild to stick together and prevents players from joining a guild to get free stuff and then leaving.

I'm hoping that in the future we can build castles to take over regions. Trading resources would greatly improve that ability.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some sort of time restraint and no cash. For example friends for 2 weeks or something. 

It's really disappointing my friends and I can trade things. So we all just have to learn to do everything or buy from the market

Posted

Everything can be traded between guild mates. Both players have to be in the guild for a specific amount of time and the guild needs a special guild skill unlocked for that. I am not a goldseller and I don't want to be treated like one.

Posted (edited)

WTB Ogre Ring/Tree Spirit belt

that is what is going to happen, p2p trading in this game would be the worst idea ever, because you could literally buy power, or just feed a single person to +5 all BIS jewelry, and you don't want that to happen, ever, unless you enjoy being oneshot by that ranger with 200 ap

Edited by Koinzell
1 person likes this

Posted

Really hope they do not allow trading in this game. 

2 people like this

Posted

I'll just leave these here. Rather than post-trade item restrictions, trade restrictions that scale by level (the higher your level, the more you can give/receive) would be a much more viable option.

I'm told the first one is too complicated, so a friend devised this one.

unknown.png

Posted

base cost 50% of max energy for each player

each player can pay a tax in silvers to reduce the energy cost:

silver worth 1% of the value of the items traded will reduce the energy cost by 2%

(so if each player is taxed 25% of the trade's value, they pay 0 energy for the trade)

do not allow trading silver, but any silver put in the trade window is applied towards the above tax

1 person likes this

Posted

I still don't see the problem with Player to Player trading. At least among guild mates that should be a given because the way it is now, being in a guild isn't much more than some grinding together and a guild quest here or there with a private chat added to that. You can't help other guildmates, you can't profit from others professions/life skills, it feels a lot like a single player RPG with multiplayer features than a multiplayer RPG with restricted interaction. If they added P2P trade they would finally realize how stupid the auction house cut is and maybe change that aswell and introduce some creative money sinks.

Posted

the whole rationale as far as i can tell from official sources is that trading is removed to combat currency sellers. but it's worked just about as good as the embargo on cuba so let's just hope daum doesn't take 57 years to realize it.

1 person likes this

Posted

that is what is going to happen, p2p trading in this game would be the worst idea ever, because you could literally buy power, or just feed a single person to +5 all BIS jewelry

Thank you for the reply, can you elaborate on how this would happen with rules in place? Just looking for opinions, the vast majority doesn't want pay to win. Myself included.

Posted (edited)

I still don't see the problem with Player to Player trading. At least among guild mates that should be a given because the way it is now, being in a guild isn't much more than some grinding together and a guild quest here or there with a private chat added to that. You can't help other guildmates, you can't profit from others professions/life skills, it feels a lot like a single player RPG with multiplayer features than a multiplayer RPG with restricted interaction. If they added P2P trade they would finally realize how stupid the auction house cut is and maybe change that aswell and introduce some creative money sinks.

The counterarguments I've been seeing are "no goldspammers", "just put your items up on the market, wait 10-30 minutes then have your friend buy them off of you", "stop being lazy and do it yourself. I like the game without trading" and of course, there are the ones with "no trading" with no explanation given. Oh, and the ones that go off on some wild tangent unrelated to what you said.

that is what is going to happen, p2p trading in this game would be the worst idea ever, because you could literally buy power, or just feed a single person to +5 all BIS jewelry, and you don't want that to happen, ever, unless you enjoy being oneshot by that ranger with 200 ap

I've seen people doing that regardless, and it's not much different than the rest of the spam cancer filling the forums, people asking to exchange letters of repayment, looking for groups with summon scrolls, all the guild ads, scam/spam bots, the alienware/trump trolls. The global chat is a cesspool.

Edited by MechSoldier

Posted

I have a question.  Who was the genius who came up with having to have an empty slot to trade when you go to the trader to sell fish because your inventory is full?  Why would you need an empty slot when silver doesn't use a slot?

2 people like this

Posted

The counterarguments I've been seeing are "no goldspammers", "just put your items up on the market, wait 10-30 minutes then have your friend buy them off of you", "stop being lazy and do it yourself. I like the game without trading" and of course, there are the ones with "no trading" with no explanation given. Oh, and the ones that go off on some wild tangent unrelated to what you said.

I've seen people doing that regardless, and it's not much different than the rest of the spam cancer filling the forums, people asking to exchange letters of repayment, looking for groups with summon scrolls, all the guild ads, scam/spam bots, the alienware/trump trolls. The global chat is a cesspool.

Ye looks like the "no goldspammers" argument is null and void, just look at any channel chat.

Yes but why should I go through the hassle especially with the stupid market system where people with the fastest ping and most luck on captcha get the buy.

If you want to play alone you can do that, but why should I have to in an MMORPG (the second M stands for multiplayer).

People just have no arguments against P2P trading and just defend Daum for the sake of defending them.

2 people like this

Posted

P2P trades will just open the door to scammers who will have the luxury of selling in private, very bad idea.

Posted

P2P trades will just open the door to scammers who will have the luxury of selling in private, very bad idea.

Free trade, yes, it would open that door. Limiting trade, however, will mitigate that considerably. Such as a daily allowance amount per level.

Posted

First off, I'm sure there are a dozen debates about a player to player trading system out there. I would like this thread to just be an official Vote by the community to see how desirable P2P trade truly is.

That said, I would like to see a simple BOUND, UNSALEABLE, NO in game currency (including ingots) P2P trading system. Possibly Guild Only or Friend Only.

My idea:

1. You can only trade resources, potions, and gear (obviously no trader goods).
  2. You can NOT exchange these items for any type of currency.
  3. Once traded the Items are bound to you and Unsaleable (including market, NPC, trader, everything)
  4. Costs energy per trade (or per item if possible) 10+ energy minimum.
  5. You must be in the same guild as the other player. (debatable).
  6. You can only trade in safe zones.
  7. Both players trading must own a residence. (debatable)
  8. Black stone trading denied OR uses extreme amount of trade energy per-stone.
  9. You must have played the game for at least "2 weeks" to be eligible.

Feel free to critique this and let me know if you have a better idea or a valid reason why this wouldn't work. The only down side I see is that you could P2W gearpossibly which could be solved by binding marketplace bought items. This however would definitely not break the game, and it would be extremely hard for the "gold sellers" to make a market only trading gear that can't be sold. I suppose the same could be said about resources but really would the farmers try that hard and not just go back to WoW?

Thank You and please reply constructively =)

Really nice ideas to evoid Gold Sellers trading.

1 person likes this

Posted

I only have one condition to player to player trading: Both players must own a bought account. Trading should be disabled for guest-passes. Combine this with a method to efficiently identify and ban players who engage in real money trading (both sellers and buyers) and rmt stops being a profitable business. Here in EU/NA we have a b2p-system. This makes bans a verry effective means to deal with this. Btw: Using the server- or channel-chat should also require a bought account. Just to prevent the spambots from operating.

I think your suggestions are too restrictive, as in: player to player trading would not be fun.

What would you use p2p trading for?

- Sharing loot

This is especially interesting for new players that start at the same time as their friends and play and level as a group. Any restriction that requires the player to be in the game for a specific amount of time completely defeats this purpose.

- Sharing bufffood

The same as above, only that it's still relevant for higher levels.

- Helping out with big projects

Especially building boats can be a long and tedious task. In order to help someone build his/her first boat all the materials should be tradeable.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the reply, can you elaborate on how this would happen with rules in place? Just looking for opinions, the vast majority doesn't want pay to win. Myself included.

I meant it as in people will pay real money for it, the only way to prevent it is to not allow any trading of non consumables, the way we have it now

if ie you gave a ranger 6 ogre rings, and he made himself a +2 ogre ring, that's 20 ap, and that's only the start

Ye looks like the "no goldspammers" argument is null and void, just look at any channel chat.

Yes but why should I go through the hassle especially with the stupid market system where people with the fastest ping and most luck on captcha get the buy.

If you want to play alone you can do that, but why should I have to in an MMORPG (the second M stands for multiplayer).

People just have no arguments against P2P trading and just defend Daum for the sake of defending them.

those are scams, you simply don't want actual gold trading in this game, ever

why you ask, because in this game silver is power

Edited by Koinzell

Posted

I don't see why they removed the idea of trading.. gold sellers are annoying I know but this game would be awesome if it had trading! Hell just something as simple as just ingredients and potions... Its simple really i mean I love trade and if this game had a good or decent player economy in terms of trading I could see it lasting longer.

1 person likes this

Posted

I meant it as in people will pay real money for it, the only way to prevent it is to not allow any trading of non consumables, the way we have it now

if ie you gave a ranger 6 ogre rings, and he made himself a +2 ogre ring, that's 20 ap, and that's only the start

Yea PTW and RMT, but with restrictions in place how would this be possible? The gold farmers would have to level up, be in a gold farming guild recruit you wait weeks and weeks possibly getting their lvl 45+ banned in the process, and the high energy trading cost would mean they would only be able to do this estimated for one person per week. That would cause the real money charge/cost of the gear would be like $100+ per piece just for the farmers to recoup "employee" pay hours. Would they really go through that much effort for such a low rate of $ return? Also all of the people would have to be in Pay to win guilds created by farmers, that would kinda mark the players too..  Just saying.

I understand your point though and I don't want to see that happen either, but with a proper trading system I don't see that happening much maybe <5% of the players? 0% if we take out the idea of armor / jewelry trading.

Posted (edited)

Yea PTW and RMT, but with restrictions in place how would this be possible? The gold farmers would have to level up, be in a gold farming guild recruit you wait weeks and weeks possibly getting their lvl 45+ banned in the process, and the high energy trading cost would mean they would only be able to do this estimated for one person per week. That would cause the real money charge/cost of the gear would be like $100+ per piece just for the farmers to recoup "employee" pay hours. Would they really go through that much effort for such a low rate of $ return? Also all of the people would have to be in Pay to win guilds created by farmers, that would kinda mark the players too..  Just saying.

I understand your point though and I don't want to see that happen either, but with a proper trading system I don't see that happening much maybe <5% of the players? 0% if we take out the idea of armor / jewelry trading.

well, they've been doing this in literally every other MMO, it's done with bots, any restriction that is not "can only trade consumable which then are bound" WILL be abused, since there really, are only consumable and equipables, unless you count stuff like scrolls, fishing rods and stuff

and honestly, even without potential RMT, you don't want this in the game, unless you want a single ranger capable of completely annihilating a group of 50+ people

Edited by Koinzell