• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sorceress vs Ninja

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm having a hard time choosing between Sorceress and Ninja. I understand I can simply make a Sorceress now and Ninja later, but I would like to use my reserved name for my main.

Both classes appear to be deemed difficult to play, but is one more challenging than the other?

Ninja seems to have more burst mobility and burst damage(?), and utilizes stealth; whereas the Sorceress appears to have more consistency to her mobility and damage output (Ex: Sorceress constant flow of teleports vs Ninja 1 sec cd dodge ||| Sorceress Dark Flame spam vs Ninja 30 sec cd Heartseeker).

I only have experience with the two up until level ~30, so I'm looking to receive insight from experienced players on which class is more versatile. I want to be able to handle any class in pvp if possible. Thanks!

•  
Edited by Ayulann

Posted

I think you need to try both first to be able to decide perfectly fitting to your own perspective. No matter how much someone tells you about it, you still have to try out for yourself and make your own experience. So I'd recommend you to max your characters out and and focus on trying out skills.

Posted

My account page says name reservation expires 2/27. Unsure if that is the window to reserve a name or all reserved names were released at that time. Might want to make a lvl 1 alt to reserve the name yourself.

Posted

I am in the same sittuation. I made a Tamer, just to see the game a little and get some experience.  I was expecting Ninja to be relased much sooner so I just made Tamer not to paly it as main, but to just..as I said, get experience in the game. And now I want to play another class since Ninja is clearly not being released soon but I can't decide if it's  better to just stick with Tamer or reroll to Sorc.. I want to be Ninja so bad but I don't want to wait anymore.. And Sorc.. I don't know, I would like to try it but what if it's not worth it because Ninja might be released soon... *Sigh*

Posted

I think that if you do a lot of large-scale PvP you'll find Ninja to be more useless than Sorc is... But that's just from watching vids. Have a look at Hakurai as he explains Sorc and Ninja - Pretty good explanation and you get a feel for what you'd enjoy the most.

As for difficulty to play - Do yourself a favor and completely forget that idea right now. If you have any sense when it comes to MMO's you won't find any classes "challenging" or difficult to play at all, just different. "Class difficulty" is just an ePeen sticker people want to wave around.

Posted (edited)

I've played as a scythe Sorc and 55 Ninja on KR because i was trying to decide which to main for NA/EU. Ninja was the faster class.

To me the biggest difference between the two is that the Sorcerer can teleport through mobs constantly. The Ninja can't unless you do the same thing Bladers do and turn around first, which isn't practical imo. I really enjoy both classes. I found the Ninja much faster for hit and run. Ninja has larger AoEs on faster timers and many quick animations. Ninja's shurikens are sooo much fun to throw. But don't underestimate the teleports and knockdowns for a Sorcerer. She has some strong attacks that can be used from behind easily thanks to teleport. Also, the key combinations for Sorc are really well done, everything is extremely fluid.

They are both great, choose the one you like the most. I'm Sorc main on NA/EU for the moment. I'm not the biggest fan of the scythe so it's possible i'll switch after seeing the last few awakenings once released.

Edited by Ginrei
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0