• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What graphics setting do you run BDO at?

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings all!

I'm running a strong laptop that crushes most modern games but I can't seem to get a decent framerate out of BDO. 

Do any of you have the game set up at some optimal balance between gfx and FPS that are running a strong PC? Please submit your settings below!

~Ironweaver

Posted

I run Max everything with Highend Mode. I don't have a problem getting 60+fps at all times... but my computer is a beast, so i dunno... games ask me to max out everything to run the game at "optimal" settings... 

what's your laptop specs? maybe that could help us help you with the settings that you should run your game at.

Posted (edited)

i7 2600

GTX 970

8gb ram

Run everything on maxed, plus High-end mode at 50-60.

Edited by Galdeus

Posted

High full hd

gtx 680 cant do more. I can run very high + high end at 30fps, but only peasants play with 30fps

Posted (edited)

i7 2600

GTX 970

8gb ram

Run everything on maxed, plus High-end mode at 60+

You must be lying...those are literally my specs and I have the cpu/gpu OCd. I run the game on high with high end mode disabled and get 45-60 fps...

I get 20-25 fps with max and high end mode enabled.

Edited by sinxsader
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i7 6700k, gtx 980 ti OC 

Highest MAX --> 60fps+ (except for Calpheon)

My electricity bill doesnt like that tho

Edited by Magnus

Posted

You must be lying...those are literally my specs and I have the cpu/gpu OCd. I run the game on high with high end mode disabled and get 45-60 fps...

Nope. The lowest my fps goes is 40 and that's only in crowded towns.

Posted

i7 4790k, GTX 970

Maxed out 60+

No high end mode, tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

High full hd

gtx 680 cant do more. I can run very high + high end at 30fps, but only peasants play with 30fps

Actually, only peasants play at PS4 graphics to push some useless 60 fps

1 person likes this

Posted

That's because there is likely a piece of information present....like Resolution.

I run everything maxed myself on a Corei7 3700K with a 980GTXti but my resolution is 2560X1600 which is twice the pixels of 1080P and the game runs between 45-60FPS (usually 60).

I feel like something in the graphics isn't tuned correctly for either my resolution or my settings in the game because the game doesn't look bad but it isn't the best looking game I've seen either. Personally I think ESO looks better in almost all respects except facial detail and spell detail.

Posted

i7 4790k, GTX 970

Maxed out 60+

No high end mode, tho.

Same, but both are OC'd. Can do high end at 60 in some areas, but Calpheon stomps my FPS like a Cyclops.

Posted

That's because there is likely a piece of information present....like Resolution.

I run everything maxed myself on a Corei7 3700K with a 980GTXti but my resolution is 2560X1600 which is twice the pixels of 1080P and the game runs between 45-60FPS (usually 60).

I feel like something in the graphics isn't tuned correctly for either my resolution or my settings in the game because the game doesn't look bad but it isn't the best looking game I've seen either. Personally I think ESO looks better in almost all respects except facial detail and spell detail.

Yeah guess i should of mentioned my res. It's 1900x1200.

Posted

Full Screen Windowed
1920 x 1080
Texture Quality: High
Graphics Quality: Slightly High
+Anti-aliasing, Depth of Field, SSAO

I maintain a steady 40-60 FPS on those settings.

i7-4771
GTX 760
8GB ram

Posted

I may have to just dumb down my graphics a little bit. Running a 970M on an i7 though.... 

Posted

980 TI, 8350 (4.0 GHz), 8 GB.

Max everything, no high end, no improve distance.

40 fps. :(

Posted

650ti, i5-3470, 16gb

Medium settings 30fps

I need a better gfx card...

Posted

4l32I4w.png

1 person likes this

Posted

5960x

64gb ram

1440p

Single gtx 970

medium 60 fps.

Posted

980 TI, 8350 (4.0 GHz), 8 GB.

Max everything, no high end, no improve distance.

40 fps. :(

Video games hate AMD. Or the developers do. I feel your pain. I have 8320. Used to have major issues in many games. Bought aftermarket cooler and undervolted CPU. Getting much better performance now, but still runs hot.

Posted

GTX 970
i7 4790k
144 HZ monitor
16 GB ram

I run at max settings on every game that I have played this far, including this one.

*Bragging af, I know.*

Posted

Video games hate AMD. Or the developers do. I feel your pain. I have 8320. Used to have major issues in many games. Bought aftermarket cooler and undervolted CPU. Getting much better performance now, but still runs hot.

Oh, serious? I never knew... T.T

Posted (edited)

i7 2600

GTX 970

8gb ram

Run everything on maxed, plus High-end mode at 60+

Sure you do.

my cpu is a 4790k..overclocked and I have more ram than you, with a 970 and I do not maintain 60fps in cities and villages with lots of other players around. Most definitely not maxed w/ high end mode.

I also have it installed on SSD and use a Gsync monitor. There's no way your 2600k is able to keep 60fps in cities and villages while my 4790k can not.

There's just no way.

I use high settings with "high end mode" disabled and see 40-60. Any higher and I drop into high 20's in busy player areas.

exactly

Edited by Insertdisplaynamehere

Posted (edited)

Sure you do.

my cpu is a 4790k..overclocked and I have more ram than you, with a 970 and I do not maintain 60fps in cities and villages with lots of other players around. Most definitely not maxed w/ high end mode.

I also have it installed on SSD and use a Gsync monitor. There's no way your 2600k is able to keep 60fps in cities and villages while my 4790k can not.

There's just no way.

I use high settings with "high end mode" disabled and see 40-60. Any higher and I drop into high 20's in busy player areas.

exactly

As i said earlier i drop to 40-50 in crowded cities, everywhere else is a stable 60. 970 is also OC.

Edited by Galdeus

Posted

Max of the max, then i call up support and ask them if theres anyway to squeeze more out of the settings.

alienware.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As i said earlier i drop to 40-50 in crowded cities, everywhere else is a stable 60. 970 is also OC.

Well you're still exaggerating cuz I get lower than that if I use highest settings plus high end mode and my system is better. That's the fps I get on high settings with high end mode disabled.

My 970 is overclocked as well and that wouldn't explain it anyways.

60+ while questing kinda goes without saying.

Edited by Insertdisplaynamehere