• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What graphics setting do you run BDO at?

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, only peasants play at PS4 graphics to push some useless 60 fps

Nice try known troll. There is almost zero difference with High and Very High, a slightly tesselated trees etc...

You must be peasant cause you don't know difference between 30 and 60

Posted

Nice try known troll. There is almost zero difference with High and Very High, a slightly tesselated trees etc...

You must be peasant cause you don't know difference between 30 and 60

This

Very high is easy to do while questing but the fps hit is too much in busy player areas and not worth it.

And there most certainly is a difference between 30 and 60. Ironic he used the word peasant.

1 person likes this

Posted

i7 2600

GTX 970

8gb ram

Run everything on maxed, plus High-end mode at 60+

Nope. The lowest my fps goes is 40 and that's only in crowded towns.

I want whatever manufacturer gave you those parts, because in no way, shape or form do your specs have that kind of frame rate, unless you overclocked the parts to hell and back or you have two GTX 970s SLI'd.

I have two GTX 970s SLI'd working on a Devil's Canyon, and I can pull off the same results.

Posted

Video games hate AMD. Or the developers do. I feel your pain. I have 8320. Used to have major issues in many games. Bought aftermarket cooler and undervolted CPU. Getting much better performance now, but still runs hot.

20151028052113a0e8kmaiymdxp8yj.thumb.jpg

Should have looked at CPUs a bit more before buying mine...

Posted

Well you're still exaggerating cuz I get lower than that if I use highest settings plus high end mode and my system is better. That's the fps I get on high settings with high end mode disabled.

My 970 is overclocked as well and that wouldn't explain it anyways.

60+ while questing kinda goes without saying.

I'm not here to debate with you or anyone else on what frames im getting and where im getting them at.  I simply stated my specs and what my average fps is in most zones i've played so far, I'm not even close to the soft cap so who knows, maybe there are other areas i haven't been to that will drop my fps.  Anyways, have a nice day.

Posted (edited)

Playing with 2 390x and a o.c 4790k @5ghz and getting 60fps in fields and 45fps in crowded towns at 4k.

Playing max settings with high end mode off.

Edited by PizzaEveryday

Posted

my pc runs the witcher 3 flawlessly on max (Aside the hairworks that kills your gpu).

And I'm getting frame drops now n again on this game... to be honest i'm debating just packing it in till they optimize it better, I mean you can't even decide what level you want AA at and whether you want verticle sync on or not... or individually customise shadow detail etc.

It's my one gripe with this game really. Game has been out a year and it's shocking the options you get for gfx...

Posted (edited)

oops double post 

Edited by Insertdisplaynamehere

Posted (edited)

I want whatever manufacturer gave you those parts, because in no way, shape or form do your specs have that kind of frame rate, unless you overclocked the parts to hell and back or you have two GTX 970s SLI'd.

I have two GTX 970s SLI'd working on a Devil's Canyon, and I can pull off the same results.

yeah that kid is full of shit, no way is that possible. High end mode too.... lol ofc brah pass the crack pipe.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

Video games hate AMD. Or the developers do. I feel your pain. I have 8320. Used to have major issues in many games. Bought aftermarket cooler and undervolted CPU. Getting much better performance now, but still runs hot.

It's not about devs hating AMD. AMD procs IPC is terrible compared to Intel. They just aren't on the same level. When a game isn't too CPU heavy, it matters little. But the rest of the time...huge huge difference.

Posted

ITT: I'm running everything maxed out, high end mode on an AMD Athlon Dual Core, and GT 730. I get like 10 fps on 720p resolution but who cares, I'M RUNNIGN MAXED OUT.

Posted

i7 2600

GTX 970

8gb ram

Run everything on maxed, plus High-end mode at 60+

i got the same setup as you and 16 GB of RAM and mine has some hiccups what drivers are you running and version of Windows? What oc you run on the 2600k ?

Posted

yeah that kid is full of shit, no way is that possible. High end mode too.... lol ofc brah pass the crack pipe.

I'm 30, so far from being a Kid.  Now you got me curious, what frames are you averaging then, since apparently running BDO at 60fps is so incredibly taxing on your "high-end" PC.

Posted

i got the same setup as you and 16 GB of RAM and mine has some hiccups what drivers are you running and version of Windows? What oc you run on the 2600k ?

Man I already tried to point this out but his claim is impossible.

My hardware is better and I cant keep 60fps max settings+ high end mode. He's simply neglecting to mention his min fps. 

Posted (edited)

I'm 30, so far from being a Kid.  Now you got me curious, what frames are you averaging then, since apparently running BDO at 60fps is so incredibly taxing on your "high-end" PC.

Put it this way, there are other people who have better and they don't hit that. 30? even worse then. The deluded man child who exclaims he has technology which runs this game flawlessly despite everyone else having issues in some form.

Stfu.

"Playing with 2 390x and a o.c 4790k @5ghz and getting 60fps in fields and 45fps in crowded towns at 4k.

Playing max settings with high end mode off."

Yeah brah, ofc you getting 60 solid. Gtfo moron. I get same as poster above, high end mode off 60 solid everywhere else outsite, but crowded areas it drops.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

I7-4770

980 ti

16 gb

ssd

running very high.

55-60+ when questing and running about

30-40 in towns

i have 4k monitors but run the game on 1440, in order to see whats actually going on.

if at 2160 i have to go down to high med as well

Posted

Man I already tried to point this out but his claim is impossible.

My hardware is better and I cant keep 60fps max settings+ high end mode. He's simply neglecting to mention his min fps. 

Yea that guy is an idiot he's lying. I have the same setup with my parts OCd and i get a third of his FPS on max+high end mode enabled what a troll.

Posted (edited)

I run on very high, no high end mode. I believe almost everything enabled. I get 30-40 FPS.

i7 920 @3.8GHz, EVGA 950 SSC @1500 and change and 24 gigs of RAM (yes I know that's way more than I need, stupid old triple channel setup)

For being an old girl she still handles pretty well for me. I think it's all about finding the sweet spot for you. First figure out what matters more to you, FPS or how pretty it looks. In a shooter I prioritize frames, but in an MMO I just aim to keep above 30 and make it as pretty as possible. Might not be a bad idea to download MSI afterburner and see if you can squeeze a little more out of that GPU. Go easy though, never know if a laptop will take any more or not. 

Edited by TGxRazzyman

Posted (edited)

I play in Borderless Windowed mode at 1920x1080 on a dual 24" monitor setup and usually get 60+ FPS with all settings maxed and high end mode enabled. I haven't changed any other settings like draw distance but I may increase my draw distance a bit at some point to diminish the black silhouette effect somewhat. I have been quite happy with the performance of this game considering how good the visuals are. The occasional chat lag and I have had a tiny bit of rubber-banding at one point but 99% of the time the game runs quite smooth and looks amazing.

Edit: I was getting 60+ FPS before switching to high end mode but now it appears I'm getting more like 45 FPS.

i7 4790 @ 3.6GHz

GTX970

16GB RAM

Also have AT&T Gigabit Internet service with fiber running all the way to the house which doesn't hurt. B|

speedtest.thumb.jpg.573fe4611f9dbc81c12d

Edited by EQBallzz

Posted

I play in Borderless Windowed mode at 1920x1080 on a dual 24" monitor setup and usually get 60+ FPS with all settings maxed and high end mode enabled. I haven't changed any other settings like draw distance but I may increase my draw distance a bit at some point to diminish the black silhouette effect somewhat. I have been quite happy with the performance of this game considering how good the visuals are. The occasional chat lag and I have had a tiny bit of rubber-banding at one point but 99% of the time the game runs quite smooth and looks amazing.

i7 4790 @ 3.6GHz

GTX970

16GB RAM

Also have AT&T Gigabit Internet service with fiber running all the way to the house which doesn't hurt. B|

speedtest.thumb.jpg.573fe4611f9dbc81c12d

I hate you :( I get 4mb/s at best and get throttled downloading anything over a Gig, oh, and add frequent packet loss with my isp. My only other "good" option is Comcast...

Posted

Put it this way, there are other people who have better and they don't hit that. 30? even worse then. The deluded man child who exclaims he has technology which runs this game flawlessly despite everyone else having issues in some form.
Stfu.

"Playing with 2 390x and a o.c 4790k @5ghz and getting 60fps in fields and 45fps in crowded towns at 4k.

Playing max settings with high end mode off."

Yeah brah, ofc you getting 60 solid. Gtfo moron. I get same as poster above, high end mode off 60 solid everywhere else outsite, but crowded areas it drops.

It's clear you are incapable of discussing this without reverting to immature name-calling.  I never said I ran it flawlessly.  I'm not that far into the game, My FPS, like most others drops in crowded areas, everywhere else in the game, aka where i spend the majority of my time i get 60.  I really don't care if you don't believe me or if your specs are higher, all I did was state what i was getting in the areas of the game i've experienced so far, Have a nice day.

Posted

I have everything pretty much maxed. Never turn on high-end though. It'll kill your fps.

Posted (edited)

It's clear you are incapable of discussing this without reverting to immature name-calling.  I never said I ran it flawlessly.  I'm not that far into the game, My FPS, like most others drops in crowded areas, everywhere else in the game, aka where i spend the majority of my time i get 60.  I really don't care if you don't believe me or if your specs are higher, all I did was state what i was getting in the areas of the game i've experienced so far, Have a nice day.

Sigh...

"where i spend the majority of my time i get 60" is the issue here. You don't state your fps range properly. Min to max. No one doubts you can get 60fps in certain areas at certain times. Be honest about your min.

When you claim to get higher mins on higher settings than someone on better hardware  and/or they jsut happen to know what they're talking about with PC hardware......ya, don't be upset when they call bullcrap.

No way what so ever are you seeing 50fps let alone 60fps on max settings with high end mode in a busy player area like say the docks in Velia. Yet you come here and your first post was maxed out, 60+fps. Darn right I call BS.

Edited by Insertdisplaynamehere

Posted (edited)

I5 4670K,GTX 960,16gb 1080p everything maxed besides High End Mode and Improved Distance (which is a very useless setting btw since it only makes the silhouettes of mountains a tiny bit rounder for 5-6 fps) i get 50-60 fps in the open and 30-40 in City's.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

I hate you :( I get 4mb/s at best and get throttled downloading anything over a Gig, oh, and add frequent packet loss with my isp. My only other "good" option is Comcast...

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky to be in Austin. Google Fiber is in the middle of rolling out in Austin (though not available in my neighborhood yet). Ever since Google announced Austin as it's next "Fiberhood" the other companies have been scrambling to compete. AT&T already had UVERSE around town so they immediately upgraded their network to offer Gigabit service before Google could roll out theirs. It worked pretty well for me because I couldn't bear another minute with Timer Warner so I was happy to go to AT&T instead of waiting a year or more for Google.

I may switch to Google later but for now I'm pretty happy with AT&T. We also have another company called Grande Communications (though not in my part of town, either). Even Time Warner has started upgrading their network and offering higher speeds like up to 350Mb/s (though I wouldn't trust them to do anything right..they are just awful, awful awful). Austin has quite a few ISP options which is rare these days.