• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What graphics setting do you run BDO at?

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Sigh...

"where i spend the majority of my time i get 60" is the issue here. You don't state your fps range properly. Min to max. No one doubts you can get 60fps in certain areas at certain times. Be honest about your min.

When you claim to get higher mins on higher settings than someone on better hardware  and/or they jsut happen to know what they're talking about with PC hardware......ya, don't be upset when they call bullcrap.

Not upset one bit, no idea where you got that from.  My range in all areas outside of crowded cities is 50-60 depending on where i'm at.  I guess it was badly worded in my original message, I'll fix it.  My mistake.

Posted

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky to be in Austin. Google Fiber is in the middle of rolling out in Austin (though not available in my neighborhood yet). Ever since Google announced Austin as it's next "Fiberhood" the other companies have been scrambling to compete. AT&T already had UVERSE around town so they immediately upgraded their network to offer Gigabit service before Google could roll out theirs. It worked pretty well for me because I couldn't bear another minute with Timer Warner so I was happy to go to AT&T instead of waiting a year or more for Google.

I may switch to Google later but for now I'm pretty happy with AT&T. We also have another company called Grande Communications (though not in my part of town, either). Even Time Warner has started upgrading their network and offering higher speeds like up to 350Mb/s (though I wouldn't trust them to do anything right..they are just awful, awful awful). Austin has quite a few ISP options which is rare these days.

Yeah my Isp offers 100mb/s for 100 usd a month comcast offers 350mb/s for the same price too bad I would have to pay for the line to go out here >:(

Posted

6600k Skylake

MSI R9 390

no high end mode. 

60 fps constant no drop in calpheon.

Posted

ITT: anecdotal performance estimates

Posted

It's clear you are incapable of discussing this without reverting to immature name-calling.  I never said I ran it flawlessly.  I'm not that far into the game, My FPS, like most others drops in crowded areas, everywhere else in the game, aka where i spend the majority of my time i get 60.  I really don't care if you don't believe me or if your specs are higher, all I did was state what i was getting in the areas of the game i've experienced so far, Have a nice day.

pretty easy to solve this whole thing. Install cpuz and gpuz and take a snap shot of your config post it here 

Posted

i7 6700k, gtx 980 ti OC 

Highest MAX --> 60fps+ (except for Calpheon)

My electricity bill doesnt like that tho

I like how your cables are all neat and my shits like a jungle. 

i7 6700k 

980ti SC x 2

32 GB RAM

Can't get more than 60, seems to avg around 45-55 despite graphics settings (lowest > highest, doesn't make a difference.)

Posted

i7 5820

2x 970 

32gb ddr4

ssd, 4K seiki pro monitor, 35-45 fps in 4K resolution. Max settings

Posted

pretty easy to solve this whole thing. Install cpuz and gpuz and take a snap shot of your config post it here 

Nah, I'm good. I already admitted i made a mistake and corrected it, so my bad.

Posted

Dont bother responding to this thread with your stats unless you are standing next to the warehouse in Velia or Heidel.

970m i7 16gb ssd 4k @28fps

Posted

If you have AMD you're going to have a bad time lol.

Posted

Max of the max, then i call up support and ask them if theres anyway to squeeze more out of the settings.

You need a new pedal bin......B|

alienware.jpg

Posted (edited)

I like how your cables are all neat and my shits like a jungle. 

i7 6700k 

980ti SC x 2

32 GB RAM

Can't get more than 60, seems to avg around 45-55 despite graphics settings (lowest > highest, doesn't make a difference.)

His picture annoys me. That power board should be bolted up behind the kick board of the desk.

On topic:

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 MB (it's more than 5 years old, but games really aren't pushing the hardware yet, so no need to upgrade)

i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz (Sandybridge) 

EVGA 980Ti

16Gb DDR3 2133

SSD drive for drive intensive games - Adata Premier Series SP550 SSD, 960GB

I normally sit on 60fps. Drops to between 55 and 60 if I'm in one of the big cities or near a lot of other people fishing

My graphics are set to very High and texture to High. I have got other peoples effects turned off and made a couple of card specific tweaks to stop the game trying to run the fans at maximum speed all the time (even when it's not running hot).

EDIT: I'm running at 1920x1200@60Hz.

Edited by Baneus

Posted

980 TI, 8350 (4.0 GHz), 8 GB.

Max everything, no high end, no improve distance.

40 fps. :(

I'm not sure how that is even possible, I have a GTX 970 and run at very high + high end mode and get 45 easily out of town.  In cities it drops to around 30.

speccy1.jpg

speccy2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Settings Graphics High 2/ Texture High  I get like 35 fps in Populated Heidel which is like the lowest if its really populated. I average 45-55 fps in semi populated areas or fields. MY graphics card is Overclocked a bit.

CPU.PNG

OverClock.gif

Edited by Nexius

Posted (edited)

Very High. No high end. Tanks my FPS.

I guess on the subject... does anyone recommend any specific drivers for Nvidia that they've found work the best?

Edited by Hard Candy

Posted

sorry i just went to the store and told them i want to be God...That picture was the outcome.

Posted

Very High. No high end. Tanks my FPS.

I guess on the subject... does anyone recommend any specific drivers for Nvidia that they've found work the best?

The newest one of course, unless it causes issues like 364.47 did.364.51 fixed the issue. 

Posted

Max of the max, then i call up support and ask them if theres anyway to squeeze more out of the settings.

alienware.jpg

Im not even impressed by the computer; it's how ridiculously CLEAN and well kept that work station is. Holy crap. I've never seen anything remotely like that before. Where are the cords?! Where are the soda cans and random pieces of paper? I can't even see dust on the ground!!

HOW?!

Posted

I'm not sure how that is even possible, I have a GTX 970 and run at very high + high end mode and get 45 easily out of town.  In cities it drops to around 30.

speccy1.jpg

speccy2.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine. Not only the 40 fps, I have insane frame drops/stutters. After some research, I'm just thinking the game hates my CPU, I should change HDDs or run the game from an SDD. My current HDD is... 5 years old? Haha.

Posted

Your guess is as good as mine. Not only the 40 fps, I have insane frame drops/stutters. After some research, I'm just thinking the game hates my CPU, I should change HDDs or run the game from an SDD. My current HDD is... 5 years old? Haha.

We have identical processors and BDO is not installed on my SSD :(

What are you running in the background, maybe?  Which AV do you use?  Which OS?

Posted (edited)

I would be skeptical of people claiming to get 60 FPS with max settings and high end mode on.  Unless you've got some crazy SLI or Crossfire rig with 16+ GB VRAM, you probably aren't getting 50-60 FPS with high end mode enabled. (maybe at 1080p, maybe)

My 8 GB VRAM R9 390 nets me 50-60 FPS max settings (at 1440p) with high end mode off, 25-35 FPS with it enabled.

* You should be including your resolution with these posts.  If you're at 1080p, you're going to get much higher FPS with a lower tier GPU.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

You must be lying...those are literally my specs and I have the cpu/gpu OCd. I run the game on high with high end mode disabled and get 45-60 fps...

I get 20-25 fps with max and high end mode enabled.

he is lying a 970 will only get around 30-40 with high end mode and beside he is prob not even playing 1080p 1920x1080 he most likely play with 480p

Posted (edited)

We have identical processors and BDO is not installed on my SSD :(

What are you running in the background, maybe?  Which AV do you use?  Which OS?

I reformat every few months, so I never have many programs; and I close out all non-essential processes before playing anything (around 7 apps, and always less than 45 processes). I don't have an AV installed; Windows 10.

Edit: Just checked... 7 apps, 25 processes without even closing anything my pc starts with. I don't think background processes are the problem.

Edit 2: 15 processes without Chrome open (extensions like adblock, etc.). So it's definitely not the issue here. What are your other hardware?

Edited by Auclair

Posted

r9 390x i7 4790k high graphics will switch to very high later, 50+ fps 

Posted

he is lying a 970 will only get around 30-40 with high end mode and beside he is prob not even playing 1080p 1920x1080 he most likely play with 480p

I think you're underestimating the 970 a bit. Before I switched my graphics card, my 760 had average 30 fps on very high, and only dips down to 20 with high end. I'd expect a 970 to get at least 40-50 if the rest of the hardware is also decent; provided they're only playing on 1080, of course.