• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

52 (and counting) Quality of Life Changes that need to happen!

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, here are several Quality of Life changes that would make the game so much more fun to play:

#1 Allow the player to open the cash shop while walking.
#2 Allow the player to cancel the Black Spirit Summoning Animation
#3 Save the money source when closing the Auction House (Storage/Inventory).
#4 Create a button that feeds all the pets with one click.
#5 Create a Checkbox that allows the horse to automatically consume carrots.
#6 Explain the Auction House rules for >1mil purchases beforehand.
#7 Add an option to send money from mails to the storage automatically if you are close to a Storage Keeper.
#8 Remove the captcha on every buy from the auction house and add one for opening the auction house or one at every Xth purchase instead.
#9 Leave the pet icons on the screen even if they are desummoned and give a button on the UI to summon them all at once.
#10 Allow for a different confirmation button to be set in the options (as an alternative for Enter/Space)
#11 Allow for Black Spirit consumer to be cancelled (I know Ranger, Witch, Sorc can't cancel theirs, don't know about the other classes)
#12 Display all the gardens in a scrollable window on the left side of the HUD (like the questlog, can be disabled) with right-click to guide and current status (Insects/Pruning) on the HUD.
#13 Allow the player to disable the Pet Names Display (3 Hawks+Names flying between the camera and your character can be REALLY annoying).
#14 The 'Receive All' Button from the Transport Menu should at least receive the items for which there is space even if there are not enough slots for all items to be received.
#15 Add a "Mass-Collect"-Button that collects all items/money from all mails/the selected mails at once.
#16 Add a favorite list with items selected by the player as favorites (similar to BnS auction house front page)
#17 Add an "All itemtypes" tab where any registered item in the auction house can be found.
#18 Add a customizable hotkey for the "Refresh" button.
#19 Add a Character Information window for other people to look at with Name, Level, maybe a profile picture. Can view it through right-click in chat and through the Ctrl Menu.
#20 Add a slider for when to enable the Lantern (surrounding darkness/time of day) or at least a button to disable it without unequipping it.
#21 Seeds of the same plant should stack.
#22 Family bound items should be transportable via the storage-to-storage transport system.
#23 Make every search in the game non-case-sensitive (for example Node, NPC search).
#24 Allow the player to change the "Maximum Quantity" Hotkey.
#25 Save the Destination/Method of Transportation settings for the next time.
#26 Show the number of Skillpoints spent in the Skill Window.
#27 Allow the Marketplace Notifications being accepted with a button press.
#28 Make the buttons that put you into combat stance customizable (I for one would love to be able to change into combat stance with the rmb).
#29 Add a button combination to disable other players (I have no clue why this isn't in the game already with world bosses teleporting themselves and whatnot).
#30 Add an Auto-Sprint button for when you are afk walking to a location so that I don't have to put my PS3 Controller onto my Shift key all the time when going afk and autowalking.
#31 Change the mechanics of the Wizard Rez. I've only heard about this from a friend but appearently you have to free your mouse or smth. which is shit.
#32 Show Life Skill Exp Percentage until 1/100 of a percent (like with normal Exp).
#33 Display Contribution Exp and how much is needed for the next Contribution Point.
#34 Add a quest history with all the quests you completed so far.
#35 Save the "Send to tray when quitting" selection for the next time so you don't have to select it every time.
#36 Disable sound (or give an option for that) when the game is minimized to the system tray.
#37 Allow horses/players to step over small animals so they don't get stuck every time you walk through e.g. Olvia.
#38 Add an option that re-feeds workers automatically from their local storage.
#39 Add an option to move horses from one stable to another for a fee.
#40 Add the possibility to scale individual UI items instead of the whole UI or nothing.
#41 Add an option to auto-loot when opening the loot window (this wouldn't make pets useless at all btw.)
#42 Add customizable loot filters for what your pets/auto loot should and shouldn't pick up (depending on the rarity for example).
#43 Increase the radius for unloading/loading wagons/horses at Trade NPCs/Storage Keepers. The space in front of Trade NPCs is always rather clamped.
#44 Furniture should snap to walls when rotating.
#45 Add a hotkey (like Ctrl) to move a whole stack of items instead of first opening the count window.
#46 If you don't have aggro while calling the Black Spirit, prevent aggro for the duration you are talking to him.
#47 Remove the confirmation window when closing the placement mode for farms.
#48 Make the location of the tooltip window when hovering over items in the inventory customizable.
#49 Move the Storage window when looking at a town more to the bottom so that half of the Building List (top right) isn't blocked by it.
#50 Allow the player to pin locations on the world map with small notifications/marks that stay there until removed.
#51 Display the price when vendoring items.
#52 Save the position of the house information window (when clicking on a house) so that you don't have to move it away every time you want to look at a different house.

Thank you @BunjiKugashira, @Fries, @Nefarym, @dyingcrow, @Leoneiros for you great suggestions! Keep 'em coming!

If you give me some more, I'll gladly add them to the list.

Greetings.

Edited by logical
6 people like this

Posted

Elaborate #29, its rather vague.

Posted

Elaborate #29, its rather vague.

Just to make other players invisible (and their animations too). For less lag/spike when there are massive amounts of players in one spot like the Calph Bank or World Bosses.

Posted

#7 Allow for the messages in the top of the screen (Guild Quest, AH registration) each to be disabled/enabled.

If you mean the option in settings where you can unckeck which messages you want to see or not on the top of your screen, that already exists.

Posted

#7 Allow for the messages in the top of the screen (Guild Quest, AH registration) each to be disabled/enabled.

If you mean the option in settings where you can unckeck which messages you want to see or not on the top of your screen, that already exists.

Yes but it doesn't work.

Posted (edited)

Yes but it doesn't work.

That's weird because my bf was able to do so without a problem.

I've disabled most of them myself and also have no issue.

Edited by Sulphina

Posted

You can already hide other players animations in the settings

Posted

You can already hide other players animations in the settings

But not the characters. And going into the settings everytime I want to kill a world boss is kinda annoying.

Posted

/push

Posted

Nice! +1
Most of them are good suggestions.

Posted

/push

Posted

The background sound when minimized is really annoying and there should be an option to enable/disable it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make horses able to step over small critters like foxes, weasels, grassbeetles, etc. Or make horses able to trample them flat, so we have some roadkill.^^

At least they shouldn't get stuck so easily.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know if this has been suggested, but an option to have workers automatically re-feed themselves from their area's storage when you choose their work would be nice and also, a way to move horses around from stable to stable for a fee.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

#2 Allow for the Black Spirit summoning animation to be canceled.

- Pretty sure that is not possible

#5 Create a Checkbox that allows the horse to automatically consume carrots.

- Thats very unreasonable given how little action has to be done. The only reason one would want that is to almost permanently afk ride to level, which is to be discouraged.

- Is already there, it just doesn't work for everything

#8 Remove the captcha on every buy from the auction house and add one for opening the auction house instead.

- People tend to just look at the marketplace more often than they actually buy. Rather have a captha every x purchases.

#12 Display all the gardens on the left side of the HUD (can be disabled) with right-click to guide and current status (Insects/Pruning) on the HUD.

- With the sheer amount of gardens you can have I don't find this possible.

#19 Show the Family Name of a person in the chat (or at least when hovering over the name or smth.)

- Let us click the name and actually get some information, at least the level.. currently there are 0 ways to find out a random player's level

#21 Seeds of the same plant should stack.

- I believe this is a balancing act.

#23 Make the node and NPC search non-case-sensitive.

- Remove case sensitivity everywhere!

#30 Add an Auto-Sprint button for when you are afk walking to a location so that I don't have to put my PS3 Controller onto my Shift key all the time when going afk and autowalking.

- As with #5, this is to discourage afking everywhere.

#35 Save the "Send to tray when quitting" selection for the next time so you don't have to select it every time.

- What if you don't want it to go to tray every time?

#36 Disable sound (or give an option for that) when the game is minimized to the tray.

- You can do that in windows with 3 clicks.

an option to have workers automatically re-feed themselves from their area's storage when you choose their work

And also automatically repeat their work, so I don't ever have to do anything

/s

Edited by Jinra1

Posted (edited)

And also automatically repeat their work, so I don't ever have to do anything

/s

Well, I don't mind clicking the recover button as long as I don't have to switch to an alt every time I'm way out of town.

Edited by Fries

Posted

I added my own topic, but you can add it here.

Allow the ability to scale individual items of the UI instead of all or none.

Posted

I added my own topic, but you can add it here.

Allow the ability to scale individual items of the UI instead of all or none.

A scaleable and customizable ui like in Tera would be great.

Posted

Skipping ghost animation would be awesome !  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

- Auto loot and loot filters

- Ability to select how many bottles of water we want to fill (instead of having to do it one at a time), and auto collect them. Getting water is already tedious and having to click twice for every damn bottle already got old.

-Auto loot and loot filters

- Double NPC radius for trade and stable managers, so we don't have to park right in their face, or ever see the stupid "distance too great" message again. Pretty much every trade manager location is awfully designed for wagons, and i'm already tired of having to bump into things to leave the location, occasionally having cargo damaged because the game thinks it's offroad. I avoid plenty locations right because it's a freaking nightmare getting of of there. And please fix the wagon hopping all over the place. It's completely immersion breaking.

- Decrease insect %chance on crops. Seriously, every time i clear insects and turn my back there's already more insects. Every goddamn minute. I clear everything, water and fertilize, Hop in my horse, start riding away. "Your crops are crawling with bugs". U FIN KIDDIN ME, AGAIN????????????

- Seriosuly tweak the camera so there's less camera collision with world objects. It causes a lot of disorientation and it's infuriating. It's sad not being able to get out of a spot when unable to see, specially when aggroed. Walking up stairs? Bring your puke bag. Cameras inside houses can be a nightmare.

-Fix furniture rotation inside houses so it snaps to walls. I cant seem to get a single piece aligned with any of the walls, everything looks like garbage.

- Add auto horse follow/keep at a distance feature. Whistle is silly, cash shop item that increases it is retarded. It would be really useful when out in the wild gathering things.

- Remove the need to have beer in inventory to feed workers. Pretty please. It's silly. It's already silly that workers on Velia can drink beer from my inventory while sitting in Calpheon, so don't get me started. And it's stupid silly that all they "eat" is beer, great having a bunch of alcoholics working for me. Actually i'd rather pay them daily so they can eat and drink whatever they want from the inn, and not have them drink like freakin sponges all the time, because it's what they are, sponges.

- Add a hotkey modifier so we can move a whole stack of things to the warehouse. Anything that removes mouse clicks will be welcome, i'm sure.

- Add a button to the inventory window to open the equipment window, instead of them opening at the same time all the time. Most of the time the inventory window is used not to swap gear around, but to manage inventory. Someone thought it would be convenient, and i'm ok with that, but it really just gets in the way because it's ONE EXTRA CLICK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

- Remove confirmation window from crop management place mode when hitting escape. It's completely unnecessary, i don't think anyone would hit escape by accident.

- If no aggro when calling the black spirit, prevent aggro. It's just a few seconds, doesn't justify having to spend another 10 or 20 minutes walking back and forth just to find a safe spot. Who here didn't go through a situation where it seemed safe, called the black spirit, got mob aggro, cancelled, moved away, looked safe, called black spirit, got aggro, moved away, looked safe, called black spirit, got aggro... what , MIND LEAVING ME BE FOR A GODDAMN SECOND?????????? xD

- Along with horse being able to run over small obstacles, the character should be able to too. It's a nightmare getting stuck pretty much everywhere and everything that's not flat (*cough* bree tree ruins *cough* insects in olvia *cough*, plenty more coughs where these came from). If the character is facing and running against a rock, why not auto climb it? Nah, it's 1 inch high, someone needs to hit that jump button..

- While hovering items on the inventory, the info window should NOT be right on top of the loot window blocking everything, but on the SIDE of the inventory window. Just saying.

- When opening the town window to see buildings, the inventory window should open somewhere else, bottom right for example. If we need to use the menus at the top to see types of buildings, we need to move inventory out of the way. Completely unnecessary.

- On the received mail list, clicking on "delete all" (but not single delete) should close the mail window. One less clicky thing.

- When vendoring items, price should be displayed on the confirmation issue. One would thing this is a no brainer??

Did i mention Auto loot and loot filters?

This thread should be pinned. If it's not it's because no one on their side gives a damn about these little quality of life improvements, so money grab successful, GG.

And excuse me for my sarcastic humor.

Edit: edited a bunch of times to add stuff.

Edited by dyingcrow
1 person likes this

Posted

Doodling and/or marking/stamping and/or annotating on the world map would be fantastic for keeping yourself organized in your travels (i.e. "wow, this fishing spot is surprisingly great, I'll make sure to mark it down right here.").

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Doodling and/or marking/stamping and/or annotating on the world map would be fantastic for keeping yourself organized in your travels (i.e. "wow, this fishing spot is surprisingly great, I'll make sure to mark it down right here.").

+10 i'd love that too. I already have a map file where i write this stuff, but being able to do it in game would be great. And along with that, being able to categorize places, such as mining, fishing, custom, all that, and have a filter window to go through them. Clicking on one would set auto run to the location, win. If this was ever implemented, tho, i can only guess it would be a bloody mess, like everything else is. I really can't imagine PA getting this right, prove me wrong plox.

Edited by dyingcrow

Posted

Updated! Thanks for all the great ideas, keep 'em coming!

- Pretty sure that is not possible

Why shouldn't it? O.o

- Thats very unreasonable given how little action has to be done. The only reason one would want that is to almost permanently afk ride to level, which is to be discouraged

Actually, AfK is encouraged. With the auto loop that is on the Korean version for a while now to level horses over night.

- People tend to just look at the marketplace more often than they actually buy. Rather have a captha every x purchases.

That sounds like a pretty good alternative too!

- With the sheer amount of gardens you can have I don't find this possible.

Could be scrollable like the quest log.

- What if you don't want it to go to tray every time?

You could leave the box ticked/unticked to save the decision from the last time.

- You can do that in windows with 3 clicks.

3 clicks too many in my opinion ;)

I'll add some of your ideas to the list, thank you. By the way if you want to quote somebody and want to comment on a specific part of the quote, just go into it and press Enter twice, that way the quote will be split and you can commend on individual parts. Makes it a lot easier to quote your answers in response. :)
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm surprised that there's no point about the whole worker UI.

It needs to be resizeable, workers need to be named or at least show their last assignment ("Queued: Heidel" hardly helps anyone) and for fks sake exclude crafting jobs from Repeat All.

#9 could be edited, there's button to put it all out now

1 person likes this

Posted

I can understand, just 2 things:

Autoloop was introduced as a catch up mechanic many months after release so people could breed higher tier horses faster.

I don't think #2 works because it's a cutscene hiding the loading if I understand it correctly.