• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Territory of Service

291 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dear players,

To answer your inquiry about the IP block of areas outside our territory license agreement with Pearl Abyss, we’d like to give a proper statement about this matter.

As our Terms of Service point out, our territory license agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss is limited to the following areas:

• Europe
    • Excluding Turkey and part of Russia
  • North America
    • Canada
    • Mexico
    • United States of America

In other words we will not provide service to players outside of our territory.

Pearl Abyss hinted their interest in targeting markets such as Turkey, South America or any other region outside of our service territory via different channels. Therefore opening those markets to Daum Games Europe, means a conflict of interest with Pearl Abyss.

We do not have any information about their concrete plans at the moment. We recommend to wait for further news in the future or to contact Pearl Abyss through their website.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

- Black Desert Online Team -

Notice
As many of you keep asking: Yes, it will be possible for either EU and NA players to chose the server of their liking (NA or EU). 

However, for obvious reasons (latency), we recommend to play on the server that is assigned to your area.

Edited by PM_Belsazar
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

No one will cater  for the middle east. Since there isn't a single company that can host/publish a game like BDO. Why not lock territories like turkey.south american countries that has a high number of players, and allow people from north/south Africa and the middle east.

Edited by Carrots
6 people like this

Posted

Dear players,

To answer your inquiry about the IP block of areas outside our territory license agreement with Pearl Abyss, we’d like to give a proper statement about this matter.

As our Terms of Service point out, our territory license agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss is limited to the following areas:

• Europe
  • North America
    • Canada
    • Mexico

Pearl Abyss hinted their interest in targeting markets such as Turkey, South America or any other region outside of our service territory via different channels. Therefore opening those markets to Daum Games Europe, means a conflict of interest with Pearl Abyss.

We do not have any information about their concrete plans at the moment. We recommend to wait for further news in the future or to contact Pearl Abyss through their website.

Best regards

^this is what I like to hear. So from what I understand is that for now this is the contract that you have mediated upon but in the future you do have interest in expanding to allow other regions but they may not have access to the servers in Daum EU. Does that mean that if they plan to open an office in NA that the Daum NA team might be able to grant access to the others? if so, that would be grand news indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

^this is what I like to hear. So from what I understand is that for now this is the contract that you have mediated upon but in the future you do have interest in expanding to allow other regions but they may not have access to the servers in Daum EU. Does that mean that if they plan to open an office in NA that the Daum NA team might be able to grant access to the others? if so, that would be grand news indeed.

Just don't understand why they agreed on using IP blocks, by picking the servers location and labeling them EU servers/ NA servers should've sufficed. The IP block is illogical. oh well, guess nothing can be done about it, perhaps we should try talking to pearlabyss, and hope that DAUM reports what's happening here to pearlabyss.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So everything is clear. 
Players from TR and SA, need wait for their version of the game. 

kwl2IIV.png

Edited by Deska
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't mind using a VPN, just hope I have access to the shop. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just don't understand why they agreed on using IP blocks, by picking the servers location and labeling them EU servers/ NA servers should've sufficed. The IP block is illogical. oh well, guess nothing can be done about it, perhaps we should try talking to pearlabyss, and hope that DAUM reports what's happening here to pearlabyss.

I have heard that Europe is very restrictive of what is allowed in and out so in a way..it makes sense for their situation. Heck when I was visiting there I couldnt even watch any youtube videos about Hellsing Ultimate! So i can imagine what the rest must be like.

Posted

Dear players,

• Europe
  • North America
    • Canada
    • Mexico

Best regards

Thank you for the clarification , like "carrots" pointed out this still remains dim for players from middle east who always followed/played/associated with european servers/service.

Oh well, time will tell.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about Puerto Rico? 
Being a territory of the United States, will we be able to play on the  NA/EU servers? 

Posted

I have heard that Europe is very restrictive of what is allowed in and out so in a way..it makes sense for their situation. Heck when I was visiting there I couldnt even watch any youtube videos about Hellsing Ultimate! So i can imagine what the rest must be like.   

The problem is not about the censoring or things like that, it's about the deal that was made with PearlAbyss, which forced daum's hand to use IPbans because they want to make more money by selling rights to other publishers.  

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you PM_Belsazar for response, finally we got clear information that there will be an IP Block because that was the part of Daum agreements with Pearl Abyss. At least we still can cheer on our friends who live outside ToS Territories in waiting for their own versions of Black Desert because Pearl Abyss pointed you their interest in some regions

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you again for clarification. It should finally be completely clear now.

Posted

The problem is not about the censoring or things like that, it's about the deal that was made with PearlAbyss, which forced daum's hand to use IPbans because they want to make more money by selling rights to other publishers.  

Of course but at the same time i feel like that might have a small amount to do with the IP block. Your reason is probably more correct however.

Posted

can people from europe play on a NA server? and people from NA play on a EU server like in alpha?

Posted

Thank you PM_Belsazar for response, finally we got clear information that there will be an IP Block because that was the part of Daum agreements with Pearl Abyss. At least we still can cheer on our friends who live outside ToS Territories in waiting for their own versions of Black Desert because Pearl Abyss pointed you their interest in some regions

It's a silly thing honestly...It's usually the publisher screwing around not the developer, apparently it's the other way around atm xD ...

1 person likes this

Posted

can people from europe play on a NA server? and people from NA play on a EU server like in alpha?

I believe you can, and it was mentioned before.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes PM_Belsazar posted it in some other thread about IP Block

Posted

Yes. Only countries outside of the licence agreement won't be able to access the servers.

Posted (edited)

Huh
 Since I live in Aus.. I was going to say time to kill myself but I mean, It's aus - I'll just go play with spiders and shit and make it look like an accident 
cya m8's

( its a joke
plz no police-a-rino ) 

honestly though
fuck this shit :( 

Edited by Applebear
5 people like this

Posted

What about Puerto Rico? 
Being a territory of the United States, will we be able to play on the  NA/EU servers? 

Doesn't this already answer your own question? ^_^ 

Posted

Thanks for the post!

Posted

If people from outside the territory start a petition they may convince PearlAbyss to extend the territory for DAUM. Just an idea.

Posted

Doesn't this already answer your own question? ^_^ 

Thanks! It's just that everyone forgets about our little island and some games (like Vindictus, Dragon Nest) don't count Puerto Rico as territory and IP block us.
I hope that's not the case since there's a pretty big community from PR that has been following this game since the Korean beta.

Posted (edited)

If people from outside the territory start a petition they may convince PearlAbyss to extend the territory for DAUM. Just an idea.

There already is one, that is the ultimate (and probably the only) hope for players like me.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

There already is one, that is the ultimate (the most probably the only) hope for players like me.

yeah, but it says:

• Letter to Publisher Daum Games Europe
It should be directed to Pearl Abyss since DAUM already said they can't do nothing.:(