• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berserker issues

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska So, I'll start listing issues, although I'm confident you've heard each of these at least a few times if not a thousand times. I'll try to do this with as little salt as possible, I feel like my rage has subsided for the most part, but as it stands now it still is upsetting to why this class is so underpowered, along with PvP just not working very well for us at the moment.

Overall, I will start with saying the Berserker class is immensely lacking right now, and has been since release of the North American servers. (It might be the same as EU, I'm not sure). Our issues are; Extremely low damage output, horrible sustain, horrible endurance, horrible accuracy, and the latency/desync, whatever it is. Breaks PvP for us. As it stands now, most fights I have gotten over the following; farm spots, arena, etc. Have either ended in a loss, me running, or me winning. (VERY VERY slim chance of me winning because grabs work fine for the few bits that I need) Okay, now to start with each issue to give more depth to them, and hopefully get it across with pinpoint accuracy.

Damage Output:  So, as it stands now you can simply look at our damage ratios and see that there is a gap between classes. Although, I will like to point out some skills feel like complete lies in terms of damage output, thats not the exact problem here, its mainly the performance.

Raging Thunder: does 5,300% over around 8 seconds. The problem with this is, classes damage output skills usually have a much lower cooldown, and deal it near instantly. I'll be getting back to that point later about the cooldowns. The main issue is, you can grab another classes main AoE skill, or damage skill in general and it does more or slightly less but has 100% crit, making it deal double damage. Raging thunder is about 5,300%. Simply fixing raging thunders damage output would help our damage immensely, but will have fall backs.

Raging Thunders awakening can help us restore health, which is extremely crucial for farming end game without burning your money insanely quick.The problem with fixing this skill, means you lower our survivability in the long run. There is other ways to fix this, but generally we DO rely HEAVILY on this.

Fierce Strike: Garbage. This needs to be revamped in some way to make it useful, even at max rank at 52, it looks good. The damage it deals is atrocious.

Beastly Wind Slash: This one is okay, I think it deserves a buff. Maybe grant the critical hit chance to all of the hits, this would make it really nice to use as a side dps.

Fearsome Tyrant: Okay, so this one.. just makes me so sad. This skill could be so good, but its just downright terrible due to it having negative accuracy, and hang time. This one is a bit preference based, but I will say this now. It has a 1 minute 45 second cooldown. Okay, I can see that if it did the damage to back it up. This skill does roughly 3,700%, has a bit of a hang time and gaps on the skill that just make it only worth using after undertaker.

The 100% black spirit version, does not seem to take the awakening effect into account. I got instantly restores 4 hp, in hopes it could actually be a really good restore skill besides my spinning. In fact, its garbage because it doesn't heal me. This skill overall is terrible for the damage it brings to the table. Its not bad like comparing it to spinning, because it actually deals the damage pretty quick, the problem I have with it is not all 8 hits, hit 8 targets. They hit 8 different targets randomly, so its a terrible AoE that just feels worthless because it doesn't hit everyone 8 times.

The cooldown on this skill ruins it completely, making it garbage unless if you're farming. Even then, I'd rather not use it due to the high WP cost it has at cap level along with the negative accuracy.

Sustain(Tank/Resource)Nothing needed too big for this one, but I'll do a brief summary. 

Other classes lower resource costs, giant makes them higher when his resource pool doesn't expand like warriors does. Even warrior lowers resource as he levels. Giants resource cost for how much damage he deals is pitiful. Raging thunder starts at a whopping 92, and goes up to 100. Thats not too much of an issue, but the main issue is our side skills; Beastly windslash/Fierce strike They gain resource cost, and don't deal near enough damage to make it really useful at all, while other classes lower resource cost. Having Taritas feeling like a requirement to playing a class, shouldn't be a thing. Nor should having to cook herbal juice for resource.

Tanking, ah man. The latency doesn't really help here, but we still do face tank heavily in PvE. We by far use the most potions unless if we have our awakening. The awakening on raging thunder; Instantly restores 4 hp should be free, this would solve this heavy rng wall of needing something stupidly annoying to get, along with fixing our tank issues for the most part.

An idea is to give every skill a to restore WP, like headbutt. This would help our overall sustainability, and not need as much resource potions. Example, spinning on hit it'll restore like up to 75% of the wp you used, if you get all the hits, although this is the least of giants concerns.

Accuracy:

Far as I've seen, most classes either have no accuracy booster, or a positive. Most don't have a negative, and if they do they usually get up in the positive accuracy. Giant has lots of NEGATIVE accuracy, while most classes have none, or just one skill. This makes giants early game unbearable, along with you missing even on opponents/mobs your level. I am a bit salty about this one, but I don't even know how many times I missed a whole fearsome tyrant or lots of hits on my spin because of this. Tons of classes have positive, or neutral accuracy. You don't need to hinder Berserker any further than neutral accuracy.

Grabs, Latency/Desync:

I think you know about this already, but its one thing for grabs to miss because of latency/desync. Its another for it to make you sit through the whole animation, and take all the damage from set player. I've had people spam attacking me while grabbed, and so much more. This is like one thousand times worse than on JPN, and I had stupid high ping. This is by far the most important thing that needs to be fixed out of everything for Berserker. I know its not an easy thing to fix, but its leaving me feeling extremely salty, especially since I can't remove someone from my farming spot without fear that the server will try to kill me.

Thanks for reading, hopefully this brings up every problem that Berserker is having. There are a few small things, like his early game being garbage, but if you buff him it would be more than worth it to play through the horrible early game. As it stands now, feels like I waste my time playing this class, since I don't really have much options to do anything at the moment. I tried to keep as much salt as I could out of it, hopefully it wasn't that salty.

Edited by VencirGan
had a bunch of empty space?
13 people like this

Posted

Noted

8 people like this

Posted

Says noted. But I'm sure he did not read. :P

3 people like this

Posted

Maybe, who knows.

Posted (edited)

Agree with everything really. CC change without awakening just doesn't mix. Gaint skill set is just shit without mediah and additional content. We Have up to date KR skill balance without awakening so this was just kind of unavoidable. The Server issue doesn't help at all, honestly they couldn't handle sieges right now even if they wanted to add node/siege wars. Might as well just add mediah and hope that gives them enough time to invest in more hardware to balance the load, or wait for people to quit after the first month.

Edited by Waxxon

Posted

Damage output:

I agree our's is low, however that is mostly due to missing beastly wind slash since it gains most of it's viability at 55.

RT:

I disagree, I think RT is fine as is. In pve it is quite strong from a farming stand point. Even in pvp after you use a SB with slow, you can get off quite a lot of the ability and in worst case scenario you cancel it early for a decent amount of dmg and a possible knockdown. There is nothing wrong with relying heavily on the heal on RT. There is really not AMAZING other awakening's that are completely gaming changing anyways.

FS: Agree

BWS: Is actually good at 55, would be nice to have a little more dmg.

FT: Agree 100%

Sustain: Agree

Accuracy: Don't really disagree or agree. I think it is nice to have different classes have different required stats. However the fact that our dmg is semi low compared to others, and we have to stack accuracy higher at a loss of more dmg to make up for our accuracy issues is the bigger problem here.

Grabs/Dysnc:

The biggest issue of them all. I believe we have a tech limitation that is hidden for us. This is also why after the recent interview with jouska it seemed like they talked about bringing us Mediah very soon. However it seemed like node wars and other gvg activities were not going to be very soon due to tech reasons. I think the reason we are not going to get sieges when we want is the same reason we are having desync issues. When they feel the tech is right to bring us sieges I believe the desync grab issues will also be fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Damage output:

I agree our's is low, however that is mostly due to missing beastly wind slash since it gains most of it's viability at 55.

RT:

I disagree, I think RT is fine as is. In pve it is quite strong from a farming stand point. Even in pvp after you use a SB with slow, you can get off quite a lot of the ability and in worst case scenario you cancel it early for a decent amount of dmg and a possible knockdown. There is nothing wrong with relying heavily on the heal on RT. There is really not AMAZING other awakening's that are completely gaming changing anyways.

FS: Agree

BWS: Is actually good at 55, would be nice to have a little more dmg.

FT: Agree 100%

Sustain: Agree

Accuracy: Don't really disagree or agree. I think it is nice to have different classes have different required stats. However the fact that our dmg is semi low compared to others, and we have to stack accuracy higher at a loss of more dmg to make up for our accuracy issues is the bigger problem here.

Grabs/Dysnc:

The biggest issue of them all. I believe we have a tech limitation that is hidden for us. This is also why after the recent interview with jouska it seemed like they talked about bringing us Mediah very soon. However it seemed like node wars and other gvg activities were not going to be very soon due to tech reasons. I think the reason we are not going to get sieges when we want is the same reason we are having desync issues. When they feel the tech is right to bring us sieges I believe the desync grab issues will also be fixed.

Yes, Beastly windslash gets its utility a bit late, which is 55. I can completely agree there, its just the issue is, it doesn't gain anything after the second rank really. Just damage. imo, I think it should be given at 51, or even 52. The damage is lacking either way though. It has amazing utility, but I have to kick it down a step due to costs, and really only a PvP usage. Beastly windslash will not solve our damage output issues though, it does grant us that extra utility we should be getting at like, 50.

RT, I don't know why you disagree with it. Raging thunder is by far the lowest dps from a core skill across all classes. Its way lower, Its like 650% a second dps wise. This is by far the weakest skill you can ask for. Warriors scars of dusk, just about anyones dps is better because its way more bursty. We lose dps because of this right here. Its over the course of 8 seconds. If it actually did damage, it'd be fine. The problem I have with RT is because lets bring warrior up, because most people argue hes next in line in terms of damage(I personally don't agree with it, but lets just use him as an example due to fury pools) Scars of dusk, 4500% with 100% critical rate. around 2 seconds to technically get a damage output of 9000% due to the critical hit. After hes done? Its not like he doesn't have other things to fall back on. 2.4k% overall damage due to the 100% crit on spinning slash. This just isnt acceptable, and if RT is cancelled, we lose all dps and rely on other skills that have low %, plus we have to hug bosses. AS for why cancelling happens is mainly due to latency/tech issues. We can start spinning and go to the side of set boss, and get knocked out of it. It should have higher dps, unless if they want to lower CD on Fearsome Tyrant and make that our skill. It'd make more sense to me, any way. Yelling at stuff instead.

As for the accuracy, I can see where you're coming from, but in terms of making it fair. Our damage is lower anyway % wise. Why is an accuracy nerf there, when there is bigger AoE nukes, that have no accuracy loss. We're the only one with extensive accuracy loss. I just don't see the point of leveling something to lose more accuracy, its illogical. Patching up your accuracy doesn't even fully fix the problem, plus it lowers your damage more.

I see your points, just not really on RT. As for Beastly windslash, its more utility if anything, its not a terrible skill but its not exactly viable to spam. At 55, I'd probably use it more often. Honestly don't know why its at 55, and not somewhere more accessible. It last levels up at like 37 or something. I think actually 34.. but the point is, I believe it should be 51-54, not 55.

Agree with everything really. CC change without awakening just doesn't mix. Gaint skill set is just shit without mediah and additional content. We Have up to date KR skill balance without awakening so this was just kind of unavoidable. The Server issue doesn't help at all, honestly they couldn't handle sieges right now even if they wanted to add node/siege wars. Might as well just add mediah and hope that gives them enough time to invest in more hardware to balance the load, or wait for people to quit after the first month.

Ya, overall it just doesn't add up to me. I believe mediah should be added, and just wait to add the other stuff. I doubt the lag will be fixed any time soon, but at least they could do some giant balancing, because right now hes garbage. The problem is, he was already falling off on easier servers ie; JPN server. I felt so weak, I was getting out performed in every way by my friend when I had a +11 bares and he had a +1 yuria. Its completely obnoxious, on top of us being extremely weak due to the mob/stuff being buffed.

Edited by VencirGan

Posted

I believe the main reason I disagree with a decent bit about what you say on RT is because I farm extremely fast. The only class that can keep up with my farm is a ranger. Then I don't have to use any mana or hp pots while farming.

However the RT being our main source of dmg is our biggest issue for things like field bosses. There is no way in hell you are going to spin the whole time, and it has a long cd if you only spin for a couple of seconds. This is definitely an issue, however I hope that issue is solved by the dmg bonus you get on BWS at 55, but I doubt it will be.

I just don't feel the giant is all that garbage. I don't lose often.

Posted

I believe the main reason I disagree with a decent bit about what you say on RT is because I farm extremely fast. The only class that can keep up with my farm is a ranger. Then I don't have to use any mana or hp pots while farming.

However the RT being our main source of dmg is our biggest issue for things like field bosses. There is no way in hell you are going to spin the whole time, and it has a long cd if you only spin for a couple of seconds. This is definitely an issue, however I hope that issue is solved by the dmg bonus you get on BWS at 55, but I doubt it will be.

I just don't feel the giant is all that garbage. I don't lose often.

If other classes were as geared as you, you would get outperformed in a blink of an eye. The only reason why I farm better, is because I know when stuff spawns if I'm already farming. Try spinning when someone else is attacking at around the same time. They'll kill and get loot/exp and you won't.

If you're decked, sure. It eventually doesn't matter. but take a field boss for example, or even a scroll. Have some other class that isn't brain dead, let them kill one, then you kill one. You'll realize the pale difference of their dps, its not even remotely close, especially since it lasts so long.

Damage increase on BWS? I see no such thing, I see a movement speed increase, and a movement speed decrease on the opponent. The damage increase on it from the one you level at 37 to 55, is pretty poor. You do get 100% crit rate, but its only for the smash hit.

Don't have to use mana pots? If you start auto-attacking a group of mobs and someone wants to steal that group, they will. Herbal juice I can see you stealing the mobs if you got there sooner and they're not ranged. Other than that, thats completely off. If someone has the same AP as you, they're going to out clear you. Its not like spinning has some damage scaling. I really don't see where you're coming from on this. Giants dps skill is garbage compared to others because theirs does the same, OR more in under 1/4 of the time.

The only thing Raging thunder has, is health sustain if you have the awaken. If not, its garbage damage wise. I've been several levels higher than people when having higher gear as well, and I could spin for a bit, then they could just use their dps skill and kill all of them. I don't know what your stats are, but all I know is thats completely dumb. If I have more AP than someone else,  I still get outperformed, even if they're levels under me along with gear being much lower. If you go on another class and feel beyond broken (I did on warrior, I felt really -----ing powerful) there is issues. There is reasons why giant isn't that played, its because hes an underpowered class and the latency of the servers are making him completely useless for PvP (you can still PvP, but you lose just about everything that makes you a threat)

Raging thunders damage isn't the biggest flaw of his arsenal of damage, but its a huge issue. 650% per second vs thousands of %.. Its just not comparable. 1300% every 2 seconds about, and lets say their dps takes 2 seconds to go through, which most classes it doesn't. That warrior can pull out a much faster dps, same goes for other classes. Valkyrie, wizard, sorc, etc. The %'s aren't nearly equal. While you're spinning that "garbage" ratio, they're already using another skill. 

I could  throw out % calculations through tons of watching of other classes, and put their dps over 8 seconds, but lets take it just to me farming with my valkyrie friend.

Their shield throw VS my spin, and we have around the same AP, guessing valk crit.. I don't know exactly, but Ik they have a buff for it too.

263%, 20 rotations, over 8 seconds          VS.          358% x 6 +40% crit(basically) around 1.5s(roughly)

5300% over 8 seconds                                              12600% over 8 seconds +40% crit

650% a second                                                        1575% over 1 sec +40% crit

Look, I'm probably wrong about Valkyrie, I hear they have a crit buff to make it 100%, but I think it can be casted at 1 a second too. We can take other classes into account, but generally this is the gap. If this isn't enough for you, lets take warrior into account, and even divide it into per second.

263%, 20 rotations, over 8 seconds          VS.          4500%, 100%  critical over around 2 sec at most

5300% over 8 seconds                               9000% over 2 seconds(applying critical here)       

650% a second                                                          1,125% a second       

I even made the warrior not even attack for the remaining 6 seconds, and from what I've seen, scars of dusk can be casted way faster than in the skill clip, even gave it more time. I could go time it to be exact, but the thing is. I know it can go much faster, while spinning stays the same. Even if you give spinning 100% critical, it will fall off damage wise because it takes 8 seconds to go through, while other classes are spamming set dps, or changing tactics. We're even not counting cooldowns.   

I don't see your point, if its that RT is an amazing utility skill for healing, sure. I will accept that part of it alone, but the rest I think explains itself here.

2 people like this

Posted

Suggestion: Have RT deal all damage in PVP on first hit, not over time. Add immunity during spin. Cooldown on RT has to be managed during PvP battle, but gives Zerk flexibility of on damage vs. defense or both if timed just right.

Posted (edited)

Suggestion: Have RT deal all damage in PVP on first hit, not over time. Add immunity during spin. Cooldown on RT has to be managed during PvP battle, but gives Zerk flexibility of on damage vs. defense or both if timed just right.

Thats not an incredibly terrible idea, but what I'm mainly bringing up is PvE. PvP, I'm not sure so much in terms to balance him so he doesn't feel too overpowered. When grabs would get fixed, 2,600% to your face would just be like.

*Opens command console* Okay, you ran away from me all this time, so die :) */kill whoever* Well, it wouldn't instantly kill most classes, but I'm certain a wizard would drop from it. Who knows. But I will say he is lacking immensely without grabs functioning properly at this current moment. Have yet to see a zerker win without a grab actually working.

I've been told over and over that I should've won fights, the issue is zerker can really only deal damage in a huge combo chain, unlike other classes. i've landed 2 grabs, then have someone teleport way across the arena and basically just end me when having low hp, making me lose the whole match due to the server teleporting them behind me, or way ahead of me.

Zerkers have to manage grabs, kinda. You can't just go around doing super cool stuff I guess.

Edited by VencirGan

Posted

If other classes were as geared as you, you would get outperformed in a blink of an eye. The only reason why I farm better, is because I know when stuff spawns if I'm already farming. Try spinning when someone else is attacking at around the same time. They'll kill and get loot/exp and you won't.

263%, 20 rotations, over 8 seconds          VS.          358% x 6 +40% crit(basically) around 1.5s(roughly)

5300% over 8 seconds                                              12600% over 8 seconds +40% crit

650% a second                                                        1575% over 1 sec +40% crit

Look, I'm probably wrong about Valkyrie, I hear they have a crit buff to make it 100%, but I think it can be casted at 1 a second too. We can take other classes into account, but generally this is the gap. If this isn't enough for you, lets take warrior into account, and even divide it into per second.

263%, 20 rotations, over 8 seconds          VS.          4500%, 100%  critical over around 2 sec at most

5300% over 8 seconds                               9000% over 2 seconds(applying critical here)       

650% a second                                                          1,125% a second       

I have tested farm quickness with friends  who are more geared or just as geared for how quickly they clear one of our farming spots, I beat most of them who are as geared or more geared than me.

So the interesting thing about bringing in numbers like this is. There is no one who could survive a full RT from me if they let me sit on them for the 8 full seconds(assuming not a blocking valk or warrior). So somehow an ability that is 50% reduced dmg in pvp (so it is doing only 2650%) can do enough dmg to full to nothing someone. But 9000% dmg over 2 seconds does not full to nothing people(or 3500% if we assume that is 50% dmg as well).

Posted

The problem with the "Quickness" in farming is the problem of actually group mobs together. The Problem becomes watchable in the actual End Game right now where Guild compete for the Mobs in the Shrines. A Ranger can run around and shotgun mobs, whilst the Zerker Lava Piercers around and has to chug WP pots to keep up. And if you think "Hey I press F so I can aoe tag them" they will get pushed away and get sniped by some Wizard aoe, great.

We may have absurd farming damage at higher levels of gear, but our problem is to bring this damage on mobs. If RT or our stomp would actually SUCK IN in PvE things would get a lot better.

It even becomes really gross if you are in a farming group with friends. If a Zerker does not split and does his killing in a seperate fraction of the room you will just feel completely useless. Mobs will be dead until you get there. Most of the time if they are still alive, they are too split up to be RT'd effectively.

Posted

Totally agree with VencirGan topic-post.

The only reason I am still staying with my Zerker is the hope that they change the important points.

It´s your turn DAUM do something!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for a good contructive post, im glad someone managed to make on so we can get attention on the problems with the class. In general i really like Berserker class, but man it is so underpowered in its current state. I was in a grind group last night with some guildies, even with over 10 AP more than our wizard who could one or two shot most inthere, i as Berserker is forced to use a full spin to win to down mobs in there as a lvl 51. Other players on par and even lower gear and level can outrun us in dps and even kill us with one or two combos, then there is something really wrong.

How sad was it to see hear that Daum was unaware of any of these problems, not to mention that desync that makes every pvp fight ten times worse now. And i am amazed how they knew about tamer issues, and just throw a huge buff at them....i mean wtf all classes outdps us hugely in pve and pvp despite high AP, ACC and DP. 

1 person likes this

Posted

OP, I think you are forgetting that RT spins on hit. If you face opponents head on with it, the attack spins them so their back faces you. And if used correctly, you get x1.5 damage for the most of the duration.

I think Berserker doesn't live up to his name as a class at all. I can easily call Valkyrie more berserk. That ----- is crazy man dishing five hundred combos lifting my giant and slamming him on the ground in half a second flat, while I can't really chain over 2-3 combos one after another. Most skills are better used on their own. Best combo I can think of is FD BWS Ult stomp for the +16 ap +35% speed -50% speed it inflicts, -60% if you have the right awakening. Grabs are the cement that holds your other smashes together, and your only way to chain attacks, and considering how broken it is... no real combos.

My fixes, since nothing big can be done obviously, are:
Add down attack on spin (keep the 50% in pvp)
Iframes on regular dodge
Ultimate evasion can go through entities (mobs/players, as of now it can't)
Frenzied/BWS inflict bound on hit (so some sort of combo can be chained at least)
Do what can be done about the grab issue

RADICAL fixes which are my personal preference and will never be done:
Remove corpse storm entirely, replace with a solid knockdown/damage skill
Make many useless skills useful or at least not useless. (The tackles mostly, charges, beast roar etc)

Posted (edited)

OP, I think you are forgetting that RT spins on hit. If you face opponents head on with it, the attack spins them so their back faces you. And if used correctly, you get x1.5 damage for the most of the duration.

I think Berserker doesn't live up to his name as a class at all. I can easily call Valkyrie more berserk. That ----- is crazy man dishing five hundred combos lifting my giant and slamming him on the ground in half a second flat, while I can't really chain over 2-3 combos one after another. Most skills are better used on their own. Best combo I can think of is FD BWS Ult stomp for the +16 ap +35% speed -50% speed it inflicts, -60% if you have the right awakening. Grabs are the cement that holds your other smashes together, and your only way to chain attacks, and considering how broken it is... no real combos.

Iframes on regular dodge
Frenzied/BWS inflict bound on hit (so some sort of combo can be chained at least)

Make many useless skills useful or at least not useless. (The tackles mostly, charges, beast roar etc)

Do you even read the tool tip? It doesn't spin on hit in PVP. Do to the nature of RT you can still get back hits but no one is gonna stay there for that and you can get easily juked.

Edited by EvilCloud5

Posted

Who has final design authority for class balance changes?  Assuming Jouska agrees with the berserker community on these issues and wants to buff some of the abilities, can Daum approve those changes and make the code change themselves or does Pearl Abyss have decision authority and has to develop the code?

Posted

Who has final design authority for class balance changes?  Assuming Jouska agrees with the berserker community on these issues and wants to buff some of the abilities, can Daum approve those changes and make the code change themselves or does Pearl Abyss have decision authority and has to develop the code?

No, nothing that is said here will ever have any effect on the changes to the class. Daum gives an opinion and than Pearl Abyss decides if they will change it for EVERYONE. So any balance changes you want here, they have to be willing to change in korea as well. This means as far as class balance and what is being introduced into the game, nothing anyone says on these forums will ever matter. Only changes that can be agreed upon for all versions of the game will be changed.

Part of why these changes won't happen, when berserker gets his awakening he is pretty much considered the strongest class. So if they made these changes, than didn't change them back come the awakening, the berserker would be very op. So you just have to sit back and deal with it till then.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, nothing that is said here will ever have any effect on the changes to the class. Daum gives an opinion and than Pearl Abyss decides if they will change it for EVERYONE. So any balance changes you want here, they have to be willing to change in korea as well. This means as far as class balance and what is being introduced into the game, nothing anyone says on these forums will ever matter. Only changes that can be agreed upon for all versions of the game will be changed.

Part of why these changes won't happen, when berserker gets his awakening he is pretty much considered the strongest class. So if they made these changes, than didn't change them back come the awakening, the berserker would be very op. So you just have to sit back and deal with it till then.

The problem with this idea that awakenings fix problems, is because they don't. You shouldn't be forced to level to 56 to just feel okay. That is just completely absurd. 

Awakening problems wont, and never will fix class problems because you get it so late. If you get it much earlier, I'd be a little more considerate. But after 50, the grinding is real. 

Far as I know, they don't change it for everyone. Roleplay channels aren't in every version of the game, and its not on JPN. A balance change not being changed? what? They revamped the whole game to make the mobs stronger and the exp gain lower. They have to at least understand that you can see Berserkers low end issues being more blatant than they used to be. On jpn, he was still weaker than every class, on here the issues are so blatant and out there because the mobs are so much more tanky. Daum could buff this class for here, because the mobs are tankier here. They'd have to at least understand buffing giant tons would be a terrible idea everywhere. If you doubled giants %'s, he'd be okay for the most part as well as lowering the cooldown on Fearsome Tyrant. The spin is a bit trickier due to it is a dps skill over 8 seconds while classes generally spam theirs, so that would need a different ratio. 

They have to at least understand that by buffing the mobs they pushes an extremely low end class down to garbage tier for damage/etc. I didn't think his leveling game on JPN was that bad, but now its downright terrible.  Its extremely hard to not like, burst into a complete rage about this. I really understand why all the giants are rerolling/rolling other classes. There is just several issues at the moment and he needs a damage buff at the very least.

Posted (edited)

The problem with this idea that awakenings fix problems, is because they don't. You shouldn't be forced to level to 56 to just feel okay. That is just completely absurd. 

Awakening problems wont, and never will fix class problems because you get it so late. If you get it much earlier, I'd be a little more considerate. But after 50, the grinding is real. 

Far as I know, they don't change it for everyone.

I don't disagree with you here. I am just saying how it is and how it will be. Part of this goes back to, when we get the awakening they would also have to revert old changes, and that means more work for them. So I agree they shouldn't just think "oh this is fixed in the future they can hold out". Sadly I am pretty sure that is how it will go.

In the interview with jouska and staff they specifically said they will not make changes just for us as far as content/major changes are concerned. They made changes pre-release for us, but now the rest just comes along I guess.

Edited by Scapegoatie

Posted (edited)

Berserker sucks so much x)
PvE -> spamming potions madly, 200Hp Large Pots burned every hour, low damage compared to any other class.
PvP -> fail grabs (bugs), fail grabs (desync), fail grab (resist), fail grab (glitchy). No damage. Same gear.

"Noted"
Useful x)

Edited by WayLay

Posted

I don't disagree with you here. I am just saying how it is and how it will be. Part of this goes back to, when we get the awakening they would also have to revert old changes, and that means more work for them. So I agree they shouldn't just think "oh this is fixed in the future they can hold out". Sadly I am pretty sure that is how it will go.

In the interview with jouska and staff they specifically said they will not make changes just for us as far as content/major changes are concerned. They made changes pre-release for us, but now the rest just comes along I guess.

Thats completely stupid. They had to have known that Zerker was weaker at KR. This awakening doesn't fix his issues, and its by far the most aggravating thing about it. 

Berserker sucks so much x)
PvE -> spamming potions madly, 200Hp Large Pots burned every hour, low damage compared to any other class.
PvP -> fail grabs (bugs), fail grabs (desync), fail grab (resist), fail grab (glitchy). No damage. Same gear.

"Noted"
Useful x)

Yea. They need to buff it so people don't feel like cutting or gutting themselves by playing berserker. You know there is problems when you feel like you're breaking the game on a warrior, or any other class. All my guild does is laugh at how pitiful my damage is and use one dps skill to kill mobs, while I have to spin twice probably.

Iframes on regular dodge

Not forgetting that, it doesn't block every single bit of damage we take, thats why the spinning with +4 hp per hit, is so vital. Seriously.. Have you played zerkers? I'm not trying to be rude, but the spinning doesn't make all the damage go away, thats why we spam potions.

Second part, I agree with completely. Every class is what a berserker should be. Whether it be damage dealt, or not giving a fook type of thing.

Me personally, I can't agree with all of these. They're not bad fixes, but he needs much more than that, getting a back attack bonus isn't enough in PvE, and we get that for free basically. Iframes are needed nuff said. Ultimate evasion, agree completely + add ultimate stomp to be chained with it. FD/BWS should do that -.-' They don't though, and I personally think they should get a damage boost, along with fearsome tyrant cd reduction and a damage boost. Grabs, yea. thats what needs to be fixed, it really only fixes arena PvP, because people usually don't burn potions in there.

I can't agree with corpse storm. Just fix it and perfect it. its a good skill, also remove the 50% damage in PvP. As for the other skills, they'd need attack spd buffs, casting spd buffs and tons.. tons of stuff :/ Zerkers need like a 3 times damage increase to be with other classes, its really stupid. 

Time for my obnoxious changes. Just stupidly op changes, because reasons. Fearsome tyrant cd brought to 20 seconds and remove the hang time, and make it have damage reduction + SA Make it deal much more damage, and hit all targets 8 times as well as buff the accuracy, Pred. hunt cd 10s crit buff for 30s, with a damage increase(it does pretty bad damage). SP:BeastlyWS, lower to 52, buff the damage a bit. Fierce strike, double the damage output, and make it cast faster with each level. Raging thunder. Make the spin rotation go from 263% to 410% and make it have 100% critical and superarmor, maybe even give it damage reduction for PvE. A damage reduction passive, or a Damage increase passive depending. Damage reduction passive being 25-30% or so, or a damage buff after hes hit for a certain amount of time. Maybe 15s-20s.  Honestly, I'd prefer the damage buff more.

Overall, all of those changes are pretty obnoxious. Obviously, none of these would happen LOL. If anything, spinning should get around 400% per rotation with 100% crit and super armor. If Zerker did damage, he wouldn't have to drink so much potions.

He also has an issue with not being able to burst anyone down in OwPvP, the spinning and just an overall damage buff to Frenzied would solve this. By that, I mean like double, or even more. maybe even triple. Which sounds stupid, but hes so far behind.

Posted

Just came across an issue with Predatory Hunt not functioning as intended, Predatory Hunt III specifically lists "Number of Jumps: 3", then goes on to display the video sequence showing three consecutive jumps with the default key binds used to execute the ability.  I just leveled into Predatory Hunt III, I'm only getting two jumps.  None of the other skills for Zerker thus far have done something like this.

Posted

Just came across an issue with Predatory Hunt not functioning as intended, Predatory Hunt III specifically lists "Number of Jumps: 3", then goes on to display the video sequence showing three consecutive jumps with the default key binds used to execute the ability.  I just leveled into Predatory Hunt III, I'm only getting two jumps.  None of the other skills for Zerker thus far have done something like this.

Works for me, try using the LMB for the other jumps, instead of F.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0