• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Upset With Compensation Conclusion

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Many people were given the wrong comp pack and instead of correcting the mistake by giving players the right pack, they give us 500k worth of silver in items and x5 gm blessing.  I was promised x10 dye boxes, a horse skill change ticket, and x10 gm apology tier 3, x10 horse exp scrolls, and x30 nutritious feed.  Instead of that I got comp pack A with only x5 gm apology and 400 loyalty points.  I get you guys are trying to correct your mistake, but do it right.  Instead of 15$ of cash shop items, we got 500k worth of silver...  Not to be mean but i can make that in about half an hour or less.  I already have 25mil silver in the bank.  The way you guys handled the compensation was wrong.  If you promise 15$ worth of cash shop items, then you give people 15$ worth of cash shop items, not 500k silver.  It's just wrong.  I love you guys for bringing Black Desert to NA and EU, but you guy's have to learn that this is not the way to treat the people who have supported you from the start.  People who paid 100$ to get into the early access should get what they deserve, not be treated lesser.  

3 people like this

Posted

People who paid 100$ to get into the early access should get what they deserve, not be treated lesser.  

Yes you deserve to be treated as lesser.

Posted (edited)

Yes you deserve to be treated as lesser.

Based on what?  We paid the extra money to play as soon as possible for the best game of 2016.  The launch was shaky and people got screwed over for a large portion of the pre release.  That's why compensation packs to the players affected by this were supposed to be given to all players.  I applaud them for trying to fix their mistake, but in doing so they made another one. They promised us compensation and all players should receive it, not just some.  Once again I love Daum, they are a good company.  It's just the way the handled this was poor.  We should receive what we are promised and nothing less.  

Edited by iPunchTrolls

Posted (edited)

Based on what?  We paid the extra money to play as soon as possible for the best game of 2016.  The launch was shaky and people got screwed over for a large portion of the pre release.  That's why compensation packs to the players affected by this were supposed to be given to all players.  I applaud them for trying to fix their mistake, but in doing so they made another one. They promised us compensation and all players should receive it, not just some.  Once again I love Daum, they are a good company.  It's just the way the handled this was poor.  We should receive what we are promised and nothing less.  

You should receive less items than you were promised, not more. 

All was fair, you are complaining for nothing. You can play the best game of 2016 without 15€ in CS items for free, and if you want them, just buy them, it's just 15€...

Edited by Nestheross

Posted

All was fair, you are complaining for nothing. You can play to the best game of 2016 without 15€ in CS items for free, and if you want them, just buy them, it's just 15€...

Sigh...  Stop defending a clear mistake on them.  Once a company tells you they will do something, as a consumer you expect them to, especially if it is one you respect and trust. I understand I don't need these items, It's about what's right and wrong.  In case you didn't know, going back on your word to the people who have supported you most, is wrong.

I love Daum Games Europe they have really shown that they listen to their community.  I just don't like how they are handling this particular situation that's all.  When you make a mistake and promise compensation, then you should receive it.  There is nothing wrong with having faith in a company to right their wrongs.  So I'm hoping by making this post they realise that they handled this poorly.  

---

Once again, I'm just trying to point out something that is clearly a rushed decision to reduce stress from the staff.  What would have been a better solution would to have given us these items while they work on fixing the problem with people receiving the wrong packs, not replacing them.

Posted

Sigh...  Stop defending a clear mistake on them.  Once a company tells you they will do something, as a consumer you expect them to, especially if it is one you respect and trust. I understand I don't need these items, It's about what's right and wrong.  In case you didn't know, going back on your word to the people who have supported you most, is wrong.

I love Daum Games Europe they have really shown that they listen to their community.  I just don't like how they are handling this particular situation that's all.  When you make a mistake and promise compensation, then you should receive it.  There is nothing wrong with having faith in a company to right their wrongs.  So I'm hoping by making this post they realise that they handled this poorly.  

You already wrote that you love DAUM Europe 3 times in 3 posts.

Now you say I defend who? What?

Whatever, I don't agree with you, you're not gonna get anything out of this, just give up already. :-/

Posted

Daum's launch was a complete success.  They even said so with their interview with PvTWiggles.  You should google it.  I was given all my extra's but then again i play on an alienware.

All was fair, you are complaining for nothing. You can play the best game of 2016 without 15€ in CS items for free, and if you want them, just buy them, it's just 15€...

Less is the new moar

1 person likes this

Posted

You already wrote that you love DAUM Europe 3 times in 3 posts.

Now you say I defend who? What?

Whatever, I don't agree with you, you're not gonna get anything out of this, just give up already. :-/

How is wanting something they said they would give you wrong x.x.  You're acting like I should just take whatever they give me, even though other people were givin much better things for going through the exact same thing.  Life is unfair yes, but that doesn't mean Daum should initiate something that makes it as such.  Just give the people who got the wrong pack the right items.  I honestly don't care if I get the items or not, I was just pointing out that it is wrong how they are handling this.

Daum's launch was a complete success.  They even said so with their interview with PvTWiggles.  You should google it.  I was given all my extra's but then again i play on an alienware.

Less is the new moar

With some people givin 3 pets and others getting none, it wasn't a complete success.  Some people were even switched to whole new servers do to a glitch.  It was a rough start, but most mmo's have them.  My point was not if the start was bad enough to deserve compensation.  Just that when a company promises something they shouldn't go back on their word.  If anything for the players who haven't received the right pack they should get even more compensation x.x.  I get Daum is doing their best, but what they gave us was not even a quarter as good as what other players got.  

Posted

Make support ticket and stop crying on forums. Who can help you here?

1 person likes this

Posted

Many people were given the wrong comp pack and instead of correcting the mistake by giving players the right pack, they give us 500k worth of silver in items and x5 gm blessing.  I was promised x10 dye boxes, a horse skill change ticket, and x10 gm apology tier 3, x10 horse exp scrolls, and x30 nutritious feed.  Instead of that I got comp pack A with only x5 gm apology and 400 loyalty points.  I get you guys are trying to correct your mistake, but do it right.  Instead of 15$ of cash shop items, we got 500k worth of silver...  Not to be mean but i can make that in about half an hour or less.  I already have 25mil silver in the bank.  The way you guys handled the compensation was wrong.  If you promise 15$ worth of cash shop items, then you give people 15$ worth of cash shop items, not 500k silver.  It's just wrong.  I love you guys for bringing Black Desert to NA and EU, but you guy's have to learn that this is not the way to treat the people who have supported you from the start.  People who paid 100$ to get into the early access should get what they deserve, not be treated lesser.  

The people responding to you are either non conq pack owners or people who didn't deal with this issue.

I agree with you 100%. This happened to me and they just gave me my compensation. You got 5x gm apology and 400 loyalty points? I only got 5x gm apology and 5x serenedia special. I wish I got 400 loyalty points. 

We were supposed to get the 10x t3 gm apology along with those horse xp scrolls etc.

All the people responding negatively are just jealous we get anything at all.

Posted

I'm not jealous of the conq pack stuff, bought the 30 dollar pack and that's all I needed, they probably thought all the potential money they'd lose by giving those cash shop items away to x amount of people and decided to change their tune last second who knows. Being vocal about it on here is just annoying and quite frankly pointless really ... when that's what support tickets are for (yes despite them never answering or after x amount of days that is the spot for them not here)

Have a nice day.

Posted

I got nothing, sent in a support ticket, still waiting, it doesn't bother me all that much to be honest, what bothers me more is what the OP is saying.  Company promises X, delivers Y, thats not OK, not in any business ever period.  If you dont see the problem then either you are a child or an adult who has had the fight beaten out of them by corporate business.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make support ticket and stop crying on forums. Who can help you here?

we did and they gave us some food and apology buffs, not the comp. package we should have gotten and then they closed the ticket.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I got nothing, sent in a support ticket, still waiting, it doesn't bother me all that much to be honest, what bothers me more is what the OP is saying.  Company promises X, delivers Y, thats not OK, not in any business ever period.  If you dont see the problem then either you are a child or an adult who has had the fight beaten out of them by corporate business.

I actually got a response from they saying that this is in replacement of the compensation pack we were surposed to get.

ca25dec63c.png

Only reason I made this post was because I thought it was in bad business sense to go back on your word.  I woulda been fine if it was just something to tide us over till they work it out and get us the proper packs.  Realistically though after now waiting for a compensation from a compensation from a launch problem, it's getting hard to keep track @.@. The email with the 250k worth of food shoulda been an email with something better than the compensation pack we were surposed to get lol.  Like x20 dyes or something just to make up for their mistake, not giving us something lesser.

Thx for the support.  At the start people were making me feel bad for wanting something that other people got for going through the same thing I did x.x.  Just doesn't seem fair to get less than others when you went through the same stuff.  

I'm not jealous of the conq pack stuff, bought the 30 dollar pack and that's all I needed, they probably thought all the potential money they'd lose by giving those cash shop items away to x amount of people and decided to change their tune last second who knows. Being vocal about it on here is just annoying and quite frankly pointless really ... when that's what support tickets are for (yes despite them never answering or after x amount of days that is the spot for them not here)

Have a nice day.

The CM's say they look at the forms every day.  I was hoping maybe one of them would read this and see what they did wasn't fair and discredited the players who went through the most troubles.

Edited by iPunchTrolls
3 people like this

Posted

I actually got a response from they saying that this is in replacement of the compensation pack we were surposed to get.

http://puu.sh/nPj6E/ca25dec63c.png

Only reason I made this post was because I thought it was in bad business sense to go back on your word.  I woulda been fine if it was just something to tide us over till they work it out and get us the proper packs.  Realistically though after now waiting for a compensation from a compensation from a launch problem, it's getting hard to keep track @.@. The email with the 250k worth of food shoulda been an email with something better than the compensation pack we were surposed to get lol.  Like x20 dyes or something just to make up for their mistake, not giving us something lesser.

Thx for the support.  At the start people were making me feel bad for wanting something that other people got for going through the same thing I did x.x.  Just doesn't seem fair to get less than others when you went through the same stuff.  

Again, I got nothing, my ticket has been open for like 4-5 days I dunno, it doesn't bother me too much, what bothers me is like you said, they should be held accountable for what they say, today its us, tomorrow its some guy going wait a minute I bought X but I got Y instead, they gave me GM apologies...  Thats what we need to prevent.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again, I got nothing, my ticket has been open for like 4-5 days I dunno, it doesn't bother me too much, what bothers me is like you said, they should be held accountable for what they say, today its us, tomorrow its some guy going wait a minute I bought X but I got Y instead, they gave me GM apologies...  Thats what we need to prevent.

You probably didn't properly update your ticket with the #compensation tag.

Posted

ca25dec63c.png

The CM's say they look at the forms every day.  I was hoping maybe one of them would read this and see what they did wasn't fair and discredited the players who went through the most troubles.

Yes it is very sh*tty business to have a certain PM say if you claimed your items at 8-12UTC on the first day you will get Compensation B package. Then there are the Serendia survivors who got hit harder and still got a minor compensation compare to Comp B. So we get this completely minor package, worth a small pittance because yet another failure on their part. Honestly I don't even care about the items at all, it is that they went back on their promise and did it very shady like. Throwing as much delay in as possible to let the issue fade away and for people to rage quit.

I claim my conqueror items during the eligible time period for compensation B. The next day, they reissued the item claims (which reset the timestamp on the account claim) and got my items about ~72 hours, after most already having their items. So the people who DIDN'T need to reclaim get a massive compensation and the ones who were delayed get the shaft? Seems arsebackwards...

All we can do is just not support the cash shop and move along. Let the people know that Daum doesn't care about keeping customers or their word, although most will just fanboy and white-knight all over the place because they weren't affected (or are baiting trolls). I can't really blame them because it is a great game and PA did an amazing job. I really want to support it's growth, but how can you financially support a company that lies to your face?

The CM's are great people, but have limited power (if any) to make it right.

Exactly this.

Daum's decision: "Hey we gave them a cheap meal, now let's screw 'em!"

2 people like this

Posted

All we can do is just not support the cash shop and move along. Let the people know that Daum doesn't care about keeping customers or their word, although most will just fanboy and white-knight all over the place because they weren't affected (or are baiting trolls). I can't really blame them because it is a great game and PA did an amazing job. I really want to support it's growth, but how can you financially support a company that lies to your face?

I agree.

Not gonna lie, I really want to buy a German shepherd, some accessories, horse gear, etc... but I legitimately just cannot bring myself to support this, not with how they're treating people affected by headstart problems, not after they made promises on which they've failed to deliver. :(

Posted

+1 to this thread, like I appreciate that I got something but I know there are others out there who got a better compensation for the same problem. Kind of silly if you ask me

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 to this thread, like I appreciate that I got something but I know there are others out there who got a better compensation for the same problem. Kind of silly if you ask me

Thanks for the positive feedback c:

Posted

Actually it's the best game of the 4th quarter of 2014, adding play to our region didn't make it a new game. 

Posted

suits.jpg

Posted (edited)

Are you serious? I guess not as that is the only way to interpret that remark.

If a company promises a level of compensation to their customers, then that is the level that the compensation should be. Not more or less.

Edited by ShotByBothSides

Posted

please go back to 4chan, you belong there. invest your useless energy in the useless community on the other side.

Posted

Same thing here. Claimed items right at launch, claim tickets got reset, claimed again, didn't get items till days later. Never knew I had to submit support ticket until latest compensation update and didn't want to add to their support problems. Finally made a ticket and I get 5 gm apology and 5 food. Not at all what was promised. Don't even care about the items, but c'mon. Never told us having a ticket open was mandatory, then giving us a fraction of what they promised? Makes you feel like you're dealing with con men.