• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guide to Blackstone Quests!

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

After answering this question in Channel chat, Guild chat, whispers and even role play chat 5-10 times a day since the game launched I've decided to make a forum post instead. Hopefully this will shed some light on the topic, as well as save me some energy.

blackstone_Weapon.thumb.png.d9b3a0bbc276

Blackstone (Weapon) Quest Chain:

This is the final chain in the "Need a Sharper Weapon" quest chain the spirit will give you while you're leveling. Before level 30 he will give you a Basteer Weapon this weapon is the key to the puzzle, at around level 30 when you reach the Delphe knight castle, in the mountains between the Heidel region and Calpheon the black spirit will teach you about enchanting weapons, and will give you a Black stone (Basteer) to try it out with. You will get your Ultimate Basteer Weapon after this. This is the most important weapon for the questchain. Keep hold of this weapon and upgrade it to +7 (it can't be upgraded higher) even if people will tell you Yuria is the best weapon (which is true) you'll want to wait with the Yuria until you hit 50, or at least until you trigger the questchain in question. At level 48 if you equip the +7 Ultimate Basteer Weapon the spirit will talk to you and tell you the weapon just won't do. This is when you trigger the Blackstone questchain. From this point on he will give you a series of quests to kill 50-100 or different types of monsters, This will basically take you to all the endgame leveling/grinding spots to kill stuff, and each step of the quest will give you a blackstone for weapon.

Also if you destroyed/sold/lost your Ultimate Basteer weapon, for one weapon blackstone the blacksmith at Delphe knight castle will give you a new copy, the Ultimate styd weapon should also be able to trigger the quest chain

Extra Info: 

Do not throw your Basteer after you get the first quest in the chain. After you complete all of them, and only if you still have the +7 basteer, you will get an additional quest to exchange the +7 basteer weapon for a +7 Bares weapon and 5 more weapon black stones. Also, you can use Ultimate Styd too to start the chain at 48

Blackstone_armour.thumb.png.f20089f02e37

Blackstone (Armour) Quest Chain:

Similar to the weapon chain this quest is triggered at level 48, by wearing a +5 Dobart's armour piece it can be any piece of Dobarts, you will get a few of these from the Black spirit from quests around level 40, they can also be bought on the marketplace. It's much simpler than the Weapon chain, as soon as you equip a +5 Dobart the spirit will tell you it's not good enough, and he'll give you a quest to go talk to Dobart in Calpheon who's a blacksmith. Dobart will notice your +5 Dobart armour and allow you to trade it in for a +5 of any other set (but only for the same piece as your Dobart) This can help you get a +5 of an expensive set, Agerian and Taritas chestpieces come to mind.

After you've traded in your armour piece the spirit will give you a chain of quests similar to the weapon ones, kill a lot of enemies, and each quest will reward you with Blackstone (Armour)

Extra Info:As for the Dobart armour, you can repeat the exchange for all 3 pieces (gloves, head and feet). After that, you will get a free bonus quest from Dobart where you can choose between different +5 chestpieces plus a bonus armour stone.

Good Luck!

Added some Extra info, thanks to @insert_brain 

Extra Blackstone Tip!

Some NPCs let you rent an item from them, which you right click for a quest. The quest is simply to talk to the person you rented the item from and you're awarded a blackstone.

Velia - Igor Barteli - 20 Contrib Points - 1 armor blackstone

Heidel - Jordine Ducas - 60 Contrib Points - 1 weapon blackstone

Calpheon - Basquean - 100 Contrib Points - 1 weapon & 1 armor blackstone

BLACKSTONE FOR ALTS ( Thanks for @OddGD ) 

At 48 you get [Exchange] Better Weapon (Class)   by equipping your Utlimate Basteer weapon and accessing the Black Spirit.  The mission is to +7 your Ultimate Basteer, have it in your inventory, and visit Kanobas in Calpheon. http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/263/1/

In return, you receive a +7 Bares weapon, and 5 Weapon Black Stones.  You can extract the +7 Bares Weapon to get back the stones you spent on the Ultimate Basteer.  You do not need to repeat the Sharper Weapon quest chain that has you kill a variety of mobs in successive order.  Simply hit 48, have a +7 Ultimate Basteer.

Edited by KaguKin
Added Blackstone Rentals
34 people like this

Posted

So if we threw away the Basteer weapon before doing any of these, the quests won't trigger at all?

1 person likes this

Posted

Marking for later, thank you!

Posted (edited)

So if we threw away the Basteer weapon before doing any of these, the quests won't trigger at all?

you have to sacrifice a black stone at the above mentioned armorsmith to get a replacement, so throwing away the basteer is throwing away 400-500k silver.

Edited by WildAce
1 person likes this

Posted

wth i threw away the weapon becus the blacksmith wont let me get extract the stones

Posted

you have to sacrifice a black stone at the above mentioned armorsmith to get a replacement, so throwing away the basteer is throwing away 400-500k silver.

Blackstone (weapon) is currently 360k

Posted

Can this be done for every character? Or only the first character to reach the levels needed to do these quests?

Posted

sweet

Posted

Can this be done for every character? Or only the first character to reach the levels needed to do these quests?

I'm not 100% sure of that, however it really strikes me as a once per account kinda thing.

I'm currently leveling an alt to test it out and I will edit my post with results!

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the post.  I accidentally destroyed mine too.  Are you talking about the blacksmith npc named Granbill at delph knight castle that you can bring a stone to to get another Basteer Weapon?  If so, I've already tried to talk to him but I didn't see the option for it.  Or do I need to have a blackstone in my inventory for it to trigger?  Or maybe be a particular level?  I'm at a loss lol.

Edited by Aidenkun

Posted

Yeah I have no option to get one back from the blacksmith.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can you delay the weapon upgrade (+7)?

I actually kept the green Basteer in storage but I do not have the weapon stones needed to upgrade it to +7 (they are in my Yuria)... not really feeling to destroy my Yuria to extract the stones. Or buying 7 stones from the AH...

Posted

I will move this to Guides. 

Posted

Can you delay the weapon upgrade (+7)?

I actually kept the green Basteer in storage but I do not have the weapon stones needed to upgrade it to +7 (they are in my Yuria)... not really feeling to destroy my Yuria to extract the stones. Or buying 7 stones from the AH...

You dont even have to upgrade the weapon. A Ultimate Styd or Ultimate Basteer weapon at +0 will trigger the quests at level 48+.

1 person likes this

Posted

Excellent info, thanks :) 

Posted

Same here I destroyed mine too since I already using a +7 Yuria, learning that it's the weapon-to-go...I went to Granbill but didn't get the option to recover it. I have a weapon blackstone in my inventory.

Anyone can confirm or tell how to recover it?

Posted

Same here I destroyed mine too since I already using a +7 Yuria, learning that it's the weapon-to-go...I went to Granbill but didn't get the option to recover it. I have a weapon blackstone in my inventory.

Anyone can confirm or tell how to recover it?

The Ultimate Basteer weapon can be replaced with an ultimate Styd weapon for the same questchain.

Posted (edited)

Do not throw your Basteer after you get the first quest in the chain. After you complete all of them, and only if you still have the +7 basteer, you will get an additional quest to exchange the +7 basteer weapon for a +7 Bares weapon and 5 more weapon black stones. Also, you can use Ultimate Styd too to start the chain at 48

As for the Dobart armour, you can repeat the exchange for all 3 pieces (gloves, head and feet). After that, you will get a free bonus quest from Dobart where you can choose between different +5 chestpieces plus a bonus armour stone.

@KaguKin update your guide with this.

Edited by insert_brain
wording
3 people like this

Posted

Do not throw your Basteer after you get the first quest in the chain. After you complete all of them, and only if you still have the +7 basteer, you will get an additional quest to exchange the +7 basteer weapon for a +7 Bares weapon and 5 more weapon black stones. Also, you can use Ultimate Styd too to start the chain at 48

As for the Dobart armour, you can repeat the exchange for all 3 pieces (gloves, head and feet). After that, you will get a free bonus quest from Dobart where you can choose between different +5 chestpieces plus a bonus armour stone.

@KaguKin update your guide with this.

Thanks man, added to the post

Posted

I like most others here broke my basteer. The blacksmith does NOT give you an option to trade a weapon stone for another basteer axe. There is no prompt, there is no option to trade. 

Posted

I like most others here broke my basteer. The blacksmith does NOT give you an option to trade a weapon stone for another basteer axe. There is no prompt, there is no option to trade. 

You can get the Ultimate Styd weapon from the following quest http://bddatabase.net/us/item/44904/ as a replacement if you still didn't. I believe to get the ultimate basteer again, you need to extract a +1 weapon at the blacksmith in delphe castle, not just trade a stone. I did not try myself though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks man, added to the post

No worries. You might want to remove this part from your OP though :P:

Note: As soon as the quest is triggered there's no need for the Basteer Weapon anymore, you can go to a blackstone now and have him extract the 7 stones, and put them all into a Yuria weapon.

Posted

I'm going to assume since no one is really responding to the issue of Granbill not having the option for some people, is that there may be some type of requirement, be it level or quest progression, before it actually shows up.  For those it showed up for and those it did not, can you state what level you were for either condition?

At level 33, the option at Granbill for a new Basteer weapon did not show up for me.

Posted (edited)

Nice. Hope this works on alts.

Edited by Xanos

Posted

After answering this question in Channel chat, Guild chat, whispers and even role play chat 5-10 times a day since the game launched I've decided to make a forum post instead. Hopefully this will shed some light on the topic, as well as save me some energy.

blackstone_Weapon.thumb.png.d9b3a0bbc276

Blackstone (Weapon) Quest Chain:

This is the final chain in the "Need a Sharper Weapon" quest chain the spirit will give you while you're leveling. Before level 30 he will give you a Basteer Weapon this weapon is the key to the puzzle, at around level 30 when you reach the Delphe knight castle, in the mountains between the Heidel region and Calpheon the black spirit will teach you about enchanting weapons, and will give you a Black stone (Basteer) to try it out with. You will get your Ultimate Basteer Weapon after this. This is the most important weapon for the questchain. Keep hold of this weapon and upgrade it to +7 (it can't be upgraded higher) even if people will tell you Yuria is the best weapon (which is true) you'll want to wait with the Yuria until you hit 50, or at least until you trigger the questchain in question. At level 48 if you equip the +7 Ultimate Basteer Weapon the spirit will talk to you and tell you the weapon just won't do. This is when you trigger the Blackstone questchain. From this point on he will give you a series of quests to kill 50-100 or different types of monsters, This will basically take you to all the endgame leveling/grinding spots to kill stuff, and each step of the quest will give you a blackstone for weapon.

Note: As soon as the quest is triggered there's no need for the Basteer Weapon anymore, you can go to a blackstone now and have him extract the 7 stones, and put them all into a Yuria weapon.

Also if you destroyed/sold/lost your Ultimate Basteer weapon, for one weapon blackstone the blacksmith at Delphe knight castle will give you a new copy, the Ultimate styd weapon should also be able to trigger the quest chain (I haven't tested the Styd weapon myself, but I've been told it works)

Extra Info: 

Do not throw your Basteer after you get the first quest in the chain. After you complete all of them, and only if you still have the +7 basteer, you will get an additional quest to exchange the +7 basteer weapon for a +7 Bares weapon and 5 more weapon black stones. Also, you can use Ultimate Styd too to start the chain at 48

Blackstone_armour.thumb.png.f20089f02e37

Blackstone (Armour) Quest Chain:

Similar to the weapon chain this quest is triggered at level 48, by wearing a +5 Dobart's armour piece it can be any piece of Dobarts, you will get a few of these from the Black spirit from quests around level 40, they can also be bought on the marketplace. It's much simpler than the Weapon chain, as soon as you equip a +5 Dobart the spirit will tell you it's not good enough, and he'll give you a quest to go talk to Dobart in Calpheon who's a blacksmith. Dobart will notice your +5 Dobart armour and allow you to trade it in for a +5 of any other set (but only for the same piece as your Dobart) This can help you get a +5 of an expensive set, Agerian and Taritas chestpieces come to mind.

After you've traded in your armour piece the spirit will give you a chain of quests similar to the weapon ones, kill a lot of enemies, and each quest will reward you with Blackstone (Armour)

Extra Info:As for the Dobart armour, you can repeat the exchange for all 3 pieces (gloves, head and feet). After that, you will get a free bonus quest from Dobart where you can choose between different +5 chestpieces plus a bonus armour stone.

Good Luck!

Added some Extra info, thanks to @insert_brain 

Extra Blackstone Tip!

Some NPCs let you rent an item from them, which you right click for a quest. The quest is simply to talk to the person you rented the item from and you're awarded a blackstone.

Velia - Igor Barteli - 20 Contrib Points - 1 armor blackstone

Heidel - Jordine Ducas - 60 Contrib Points - 1 weapon blackstone

Calpheon - Basquean - 100 Contrib Points - 1 weapon & 1 armor blackstone

Bookmarking this:

<3 YOU !!

Posted

This is why I like reading the Forums Daily for little Gems like this.

Many Thanks