• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The comunnity wants Player Trading

403 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Could Daum please listen to the community and let us trade between players. Many things are simply not worth crafting to put in the marketplace because the market place values are all wrong (i.e: fishing boat, cost more to craft then it sells for) + guildies specialize in certain aspect while some in others, with trading we could trade or sell the marvelous things we craft ingame.

This is what the comunity wants and I am certain Daum will listen to us.

Edited by Epeenephrine
edit
28 people like this

Posted

Actually the community seems pretty divided on this.

Personally I don't really care if players can trade or not.

16 people like this

Posted

Agreed

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't need player trading.

So your title should read "Some of the community wants player trading" but that doesn't sound as strong, does it?

Not when the vocal minority uses threads titles like : Players dont want player trading.

3 people like this

Posted

Or, crafted materials could cost what the materials cost + a certain bonus on top instead of being subject to supply and demand. Basically we just base it off what the materials cost.

Problem solved? Perhaps.

Posted (edited)

Or, crafted materials could cost what the materials cost + a certain bonus on top instead of being subject to supply and demand. Basically we just base it off what the materials cost.

Problem solved? Perhaps.

the time it takes to craft something should also be in the equations, all problems would be fixed if we could sell for whatever amount, market would self regulate and we would have an healthy economy.

Edited by Epeenephrine
edit

Posted

You probably shouldn't presume to speak for the entire community, and you especially probably shouldn't do so while making an argument that fails to consider the ramifications of what you're asking for.

In a perfect world, we'd be free to trade, but we don't live in that world and this approach has both advantages and downsides. Changing it would require a ton of rebalancing and isn't a simple matter.

I enjoy the game as it is and wouldn't vote for player trading.

23 people like this

Posted

I want player trading??

Holy shit, Why did everyone keep this a secret from me?!

But nah man it's fine, and the auto AH keeps prices in check.
No need for people to kill it.

7 people like this

Posted

You probably shouldn't presume to speak for the entire community, and you especially probably shouldn't do so while making an argument that fails to consider the ramifications of what you're asking for.

In a perfect world, we'd be free to trade, but we don't live in that world and this approach has both advantages and downsides. Changing it would require a ton of rebalancing and isn't a simple matter.

I enjoy the game as it is and wouldn't vote for player trading.

restrictions of this nature have zero advantages in a *sandbox*

Posted

the time it takes to craft something should also be in the equations, all problems would be fixed if we could sell for whatever ammount, market would self regulate and we would have an healthy economy.

Not necessarily.

The main issue I find with player-run markets is that there's always the top 1% controlling it with an incredibly large barrier to break through. 

I like that the market at this point can't be /heavily/ abused.

We could factor in time spent, etc. but it has to be a price that the buyer doesn't feel pressured into making it himself/herself whilst also being a price that sellers would happily accept for their effort + materials.

Possibly, Materials $ + (Materials $ / 5)?

So, generally, a 20% profit margin for time spent making it?

Posted

No we(I) don't.  Don't speak for the whole community. There's nothing to gain and a lot lose by implementing it.

9 people like this

Posted

Only people who have friends want trading

3 people like this

Posted

Only people who have friends want trading

people with no friends could trade too, simple : open trade window - trade- profit.

Posted

You don't speak for everyone.  I personally like things as they are so no not everyone wants this 

6 people like this

Posted

You don't speak for everyone.  I personally like things as they are so no not everyone wants this 

You are part of the minority, good thing that the majority wants otherwise and we will probably get it. Enjoy not having freedom while it lasts.

Posted

You are part of the minority, good thing that the majority wants otherwise and we will probably get it. Enjoy not having freedom while it lasts.

what majority I only see a few people whining on  forums while everyone else is enjoying the game you don't speak for them stop acting like it.

14 people like this

Posted

Unlikely. The other regions haven't permitted direct trading. There are only some instances where it happens, and those have restrictions on them.

If you are expecting to see direct trading that resembles any of the other MMO's out there than you are going to be disappointed. It's a design decision that they are determined to remain with.

Posted

Unlikely. The other regions haven't permitted direct trading. There are only some instances where it happens, and those have restrictions on them.

If you are expecting to see direct trading that resembles any of the other MMO's out there than you are going to be disappointed. It's a design decision that they are determined to remain with.

doesnt have to be p2p window trading, could be done by letting us sell at whatever price we want.

Posted

The game isn't designed to have player trading, works perfectly well without it, so is unlikely to ever get it.

1 person likes this

Posted

doesnt have to be p2p window trading, could be done by letting us sell at whatever price we want.

That won't happen for the same reason that unrestricted direct trading won't happen.

If we could sell at whatever price we want the goldsellers would simply use that to transfer funds to players. List X item at insanely high price, gold seller buys it, transfer complete.

4 people like this

Posted

No we dont

4 people like this

Posted

Tbh., i'd really love to have trading so i can help my crafting guildies out with mats i don't need and they can help me out with craft mats i do need.

I can understand the reason to not have it because of the market place system or RMT , but it really takes away from the MMO feeling.

2 people like this

Posted

You don't speak for us and you're actually the minority here not the other way around. I like a LOT of others do NOT want trading and being able to sell whatever we want at whatever price we want on market either. Like the others have said it's a design choice by the developers long before it even came to our side of the world. Get over it, you're going to be stuck with it, it ruins your game experience? well I'm sorry but you only have 3 options: deal with it, leave, or do exactly what you're doing now and getting literally nowhere with it.

Have a nice day.

3 people like this

Posted

NO, thank you.

2 people like this