• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Taming: Basics, Mechanics, and Notes.

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I had watched several videos, read some other guides, lvld my training to apprentice5 and wasted about 50 ropes and still no luck. I feel like an idiot now, first try after reading this walk-through and it was almost to easy. Thank you

Dont feel bad, I lost 30 ropes and 20ish sugars my first try too. I ran back to stable to get more ropes two times and it was a miracle none snatched that horse in the meantime. Any normal person would give up but me being stubborn and all..... I still have that horse, its T2 male and waiting on his turn for leveling. I dont think I will ever give him away :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

So, can you tame a horse when you have your horse out?

Posted

So, can you tame a horse when you have your horse out?

Yes. Until you register newly tamed horse in stable you can have 2 of them out. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Watched a video about taming.
Bought 50 ropes and made 20 sugars.
Found horse.
Started to use ropes smashing space like no tomorrow.
Failed.
Ran back to Glish for buying 10 more ropes.
Went back to catch the untamable beast.
...a valk was riding on him.
Pretended that the game is broken.
------
Read this guide via a friend.
Tamed one T1 and two T2 in 3 hours using 3 of the 10 last bought ropes.

I just joined the community to say you "Thank you so much" ç__ç

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's a question I've been having a hard time finding an answer to.  Is it confirmed that if you kill a wild horse, will it be a lot harder to tame wild horses in the future, even if you get your karma back up?

Reason I ask is because I killed a glitched uncatchable horse so it would respawn, but ever since then, it's been so hard to tame a wild horse.  I even got my karma back up to 20kish but I can't tame them like I used to.  It takes like 3-4 tries now to tame a tier 1 or 2 horse.  I know how to play the minigame, it's not my skill/mechanics.  Before I killed that damn horse I was able to catch them in one try, but not anymore.  

Posted

I kept messing up on the initial button pressing..

It says hit SPACE.. so I just would always smash it.. Knowing that you have to way till he rears up THEN hit space to start the whole mess really helped.

But question! Can I give my horses away? Is the only way to get rid of them, selling them on the market or deleting them?

Posted

I kept messing up on the initial button pressing..

It says hit SPACE.. so I just would always smash it.. Knowing that you have to way till he rears up THEN hit space to start the whole mess really helped.

But question! Can I give my horses away? Is the only way to get rid of them, selling them on the market or deleting them?

You have another option (if it works with the US version) - to force breed it if it has 1 breed left & the female has zero. This from what I understand deletes them both in the process, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

I just want to say after 20+ horses tamed that this guide is a very good one for beginners - but don't always get hung up on the numbers and try to have fun and understand that sometimes the horse will just randomly kick back still. I use 3 sugars to start every time, with hardly ever any kicks at me. One thing the OP failed to mention is the horse's indication of acceptance by the tail swishing back and forth. When you are feeding it sugars you'll begin to notice it swishing higher on each side and probably your screen shakes a little more each time. When the tail gets a good swing - you'll be good to go. Next I suggest waiting for the animation to complete and then trying to mount from the side (not sure this matters). If the first attempt fails, I usually don't use as many sugars on the second attempt - I'll go 2 sugars and make sure the tail is going.

And for breeding - the person who commented about the multiples of 10 is right. Once you start going towards level 20 and 30 those levels are going to take quite a while so I suggest going to level 10 for most efficiency - you could probably have leveled multiple other horses to 10 by then and especially if you have other females you've obtained (I currently have 2 t2 females and 1 t1).

Hope you all are having a good time taming!

And here's a handy little extra guide by someone else for those of you who like visuals or want a little more. ;-)

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/31-Extensive-Horse-Breeding-Guide/

Posted

I had watched several videos, read some other guides, lvld my training to apprentice5 and wasted about 50 ropes and still no luck. I feel like an idiot now, first try after reading this walk-through and it was almost to easy. Thank you

I'm glad I could help ;u; I had lots of trouble with it too at first. 

Posted

You have another option (if it works with the US version) - to force breed it if it has 1 breed left & the female has zero. This from what I understand deletes them both in the process, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

This does work the same way in US version. Also, if you follow the black spirit's quests you can get your donkey around level 13.

Posted (edited)

I tamed 2 horses today. I took the first to the Stable and registered the newly tamed horse with no issues. Tamed some the other day and had no issues registering the newly tamed horses.

The second horse I tamed today I could not register at the Stable in Olvia, as I did with the first one today. I got a message that stating I could not register anymore. I only have 1 horse in that stable currently as I moved the others. I tried to ride the horse to another stable to register. Think I made an auto path to Western Guard Station, but something happened with the auto pathing. I came back to the PC and found I was in the water and horse was poofed so I could not see if it was stable related LOL.

Is there a daily limit on taming new horses, or a limit of any kind? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Edited by Nickolous

Posted

I tamed 2 horses today. I took the first to the Stable and registered the newly tamed horse with no issues. Tamed some the other day and had no issues registering the newly tamed horses.

The second horse I tamed today I could not register at the Stable in Olvia, as I did with the first one today. I got a message that stating I could not register anymore. I only have 1 horse in that stable currently as I moved the others. I tried to ride the horse to another stable to register. Think I made an auto path to Western Guard Station, but something happened with the auto pathing. I came back to the PC and found I was in the water and horse was poofed so I could not see if it was stable related LOL.

Is there a daily limit on taming new horses, or a limit of any kind? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

There is no daily limit for taming, I believe it was just a bug.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for this guide!

B|

Great help, and I managed to snag 2 x Tier 1 Males and a Tier 2 Female this morning!

Just to emphasise that you should not mash the spacebar as soon as you lasso the horse(as I was previously doing! 9_9).

Wait until it raises it's front legs, then mash!

Found 8 lumps of sugar was the sweet spot for taming, once you get in close but your mileage may vary.

:)

Posted

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I can't find anything definitive...

With today's patch adding more T6 and T7 mounts to the NA servers, how does this affect us? (Are there just more possibilities for breeding results, or does this actually increase a chance of getting a 6 or 7 when breeding?)

Also, what is the highest tier wild horse you can find?

Posted

With today's patch adding more T6 and T7 mounts to the NA servers, how does this affect us? (Are there just more possibilities for breeding results, or does this actually increase a chance of getting a 6 or 7 when breeding?)

Also, what is the highest tier wild horse you can find?

Nothing is known for certain, but if the community's understanding of how horse breeding works is correct, it should mean improved chances of getting a T7 and certainly a greatly enlarged pool of horses you can breed with a chance of getting a T7. The chances of getting a T6 might also have improved a little, but since color restrictions in T6 were rather less severe before the patch than in T7, the effect might well be too small to be noticeable.

The highest tier of wild horses you can find is still T3, to the best of my knowledge.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bumping this back up, after using 30 ropes yesterday and being pissed I found this guide. My issue was I was not waiting for the horse to rear back and was spamming space and failing!