• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance - Extended

446 posts in this topic

Posted

Unfortunately maintenance needs to be extended by two hours to fix some network issues.
We like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Do you know if we will be getting patch notes soon or will it be after the extended maintenance?

Posted

Teh interwebz is broken by Black Desert.

x

Posted

Sweet, guess I will go outside and check the graphics quality of real life. May or may not be disappointed. Will report findings when I return.

3 people like this

Posted

Am I missing something? How are we getting screwed? Aren't people either at work or at school during the day?

The way I see it, Daum are located in Europe, so naturally they're going to do the maintenance during working hours.

but the ones that have no life and cannot be killed because they never leave their sweet Alienware unit idle will be impacted. Its just not fair they are no peasants 

image.jpg

Posted

Great now servers come up right when I have to leave for class...

No time to get another pair of horses breeding...

:(

Posted

I have never seen this level of incompetence in a game developer in over 15 years of gaming. Not even the worst launch events have needed numerous days in one week to work on anything, let alone over 10 hours of maintenance like this.

Yes, there have been longer downtimes, but those were also planned and discussed WEEKS in advance.

This is unconscionable that you obviously DO NOT have solid plan BEFORE you start the maintenance. You will most likely require additional Maintenance time in 2 days to Fix or Correct whatever you failed to properly plan to do today. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Afficher l'image d'origine

Posted

Unfortunately maintenance needs to be extended by two hours to fix some network issues.

Sucks to have longer maintenance, but I'm glad everyone is working so hard on making the game better for all of us. Thanks for all the hard work!

Posted

can we get patch notes on forum atleast? ^.^

2 people like this

Posted

wtf extended 2 hours

Posted

but the ones that have no life and cannot be killed because they never leave their sweet Alienware unit idle will be impacted. Its just not fair they are no peasants 

image.jpg

Yeah, though think of the oceanic crowd, who are all home from work/school whatever, cleaned up, had their evening meal, ready to sit down for a night of BDO and can't becasue they go down right at 7pm. And when daylight saving finishes soon, 6pm, so another prime time hour gone :/

Posted

I'm okay with this if it means I'll stop disconnecting and server lag will be resolved. 

Posted

I have never seen this level of incompetence in a game developer in over 15 years of gaming. Not even the worst launch events have needed numerous days in one week to work on anything, let alone over 10 hours of maintenance like this.

Yes, there have been longer downtimes, but those were also planned and discussed WEEKS in advance.

This is unconscionable that you obviously DO NOT have solid plan BEFORE you start the maintenance. You will most likely require additional Maintenance time in 2 days to Fix or Correct whatever you failed to properly plan to do today. 

You obviously have played very few mmorpgs. This is nothing and happens all the time. World of Warcraft is known for having some of the worst patch/expansion days. Take a deep breath, clean your house, call family, play another game. Really, have some patience.

1 person likes this

Posted

I sincerely hope there is some significant new content to warrant a 10 hour downtime.

Posted

They are located in the Netherlands. Do you really think they'd let their engineers wake up at 3am so EU isn't thaaat screwed?

Every company do this. Blizzard, NCsoft, Game Net and etc. I never saw before maintenance time at day. Some ppl work morning shift, some evening. So, that ppl can play only 6 from 7 days? Dont need say bullshit about real life. We pay for 7/7. We are understand, maintenance is important part of any MMO, but make it a night.
 BTW. Black desert required more time then 1-2h per day. Thanks for wasting my time.

Posted

but they are publishers not developers!

Posted

Never? In over 15 years of gaming? Never? Really?! As far as game launches go I'd say BDO was pretty goddamn smooth. As far as maintenance goes, I'd say the devs are pretty quick to update their end users and keep everyone as informed as they can. I think you're being a bit dramatic, so you lose 1 day of playtime, whoopie doo, the game will still be there tomorrow. I think you need to relax, go watch a movie or something, geesh.

2 people like this

Posted

Patch notes please thank you !

Posted

Daumn.

Posted

Hope we will see a difference after the maintenance xD 

Posted

Sweet, guess I will go outside and check the graphics quality of real life. May or may not be disappointed. Will report findings when I return.

If your hardware is not good enough the quality might suck! Be sure to make regular visits to have it checked out! ;)

@The developers: Are you sure one of your guys did not just get stoned as a kite and accidently tripped over a power cord or something wasting the last 2hours of your maintenance, hence you guys having to extend it by 2hours? :P

1 person likes this

Posted

can we get patch notes on forum atleast? ^.^

yeah this give us something to read at least

Posted

im totally ok with this

ip5Ndhl.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Every company do this. Blizzard, NCsoft, Game Net and etc. I never saw before maintenance time at day. Some ppl work morning shift, some evening. So, that ppl can play only 6 from 7 days? Dont need say bullshit about real life. We pay for 7/7. We are understand, maintenance is important part of any MMO, but make it a night.
 BTW. Black desert required more time then 1-2h per day. Thanks for wasting my time.

It's always night somewhere

1 person likes this

Posted

Never? In over 15 years of gaming? Never? Really?! As far as game launches go I'd say BDO was pretty goddamn smooth. As far as maintenance goes, I'd say the devs are pretty quick to update their end users and keep everyone as informed as they can. I think you're being a bit dramatic, so you lose 1 day of playtime, whoopie doo, the game will still be there tomorrow. I think you need to relax, go watch a movie or something, geesh.

The gameplay aspect of launch was stellar - keep in mind that the game has been running in other regions longer so it's not like this was an initial release and not comparable to other launches.  There were still a fair share of issues for pre-order folks - many of which have still not been resolved.  I've had a ticket open for 19 days personally.