• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance - Extended

446 posts in this topic

Posted

Daum youre the -----ing worst

Posted

Guess  your  tech  staff  didn't  get  enough  beer.

7 people like this

Posted

God half of you dudes are toxic af, go play something else.

Posted

The Gameplay aspect was stellar and that is ALL due to the fact that the game has been out in a much larger gaming market in Korea. The 'Publisher' ... clearly has no understanding of what is required to maintain the equipment for this type of game.

And yes, played WoW and they have had issues but nothing that was this large of a debacle. Many games have issues but not like this when the actual code has been around for years. All Daum was required to do was to load it on to their servers and run it, the localization should not have resulted in errors in the base code that would have resulted in this.

The publisher does not have the hardware ... that is on them.

And yes, been cleaning my house, making dinner, taking the dogs outside. Blah, blah, blah.

The point is that this should not be occurring had there been an actual plan to accomplish the maintenance and had the publisher planned their hardware requirements correctly instead of going with the cheapest solution.

Posted

can we get patch notes on forum atleast? ^.^

image.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Daum youre the -----ing worst

Well, Daum is working 100% every day pending to us and make this game the best and u come here to fault they? Well go out here and let Daum work  

Posted (edited)

My reset will be FIXED today right? Or am I have to do a chargeback? Going on 18 days now.

CM_Jouska 

@GM_Carcosa

@GM_Felaxus       

GM Carcosa March 14, 2016 11:53
Hey

I sent the previous email to everyone reporting Serendia issues to inform about the name swap feature. In no way was it intended to overshadow or ignore your other issues.
I am sorry for any miscommunication that may have ensued.

We have a team looking into players who are still without their pre-order items and compensation packs right now, this unfortunately means that I don't have any actionable intelligence for you at this time.
We will have more information for you soon so I am adding you to my personal hold queue and will update you when the team has found a suitable solution.

In the meantime  keep and eye on your accounts page and let us know if the package arrives.

Kind regards,

GM Felaxus
English Games Master

Edited by th3p3ssimist
1 person likes this

Posted

Just checking in so there are no patch notes right?

Posted

All of my fish are garbage.... :/ 

Posted

Here you go....

Black Desert Online 23/3 2016 Patch Notes ver 1.0.0.43

The following items were addressed with this patch:

• Doing work
  • Getting sh*t done

EDIT: Maintenance has been extended to address the following:

• Patting selves on backs for job well done.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The Gameplay aspect was stellar and that is ALL due to the fact that the game has been out in a much larger gaming market in Korea. The 'Publisher' ... clearly has no understanding of what is required to maintain the equipment for this type of game.

And yes, played WoW and they have had issues but nothing that was this large of a debacle. Many games have issues but not like this when the actual code has been around for years. All Daum was required to do was to load it on to their servers and run it, the localization should not have resulted in errors in the base code that would have resulted in this.

The publisher does not have the hardware ... that is on them.

And yes, been cleaning my house, making dinner, taking the dogs outside. Blah, blah, blah.

The point is that this should not be occurring had there been an actual plan to accomplish the maintenance and had the publisher planned their hardware requirements correctly instead of going with the cheapest solution.

Is it not feasible, that launching the game and charging people 50 bucks (plus pearl shop stuff) made them enough money to buy new hardware to better support their players?

Possibly to even hire new members to the staff?

You don't work there, so how can you judge so easily?  We're all so quick to compare one game to another, your post is a textbook "every MMO maintenance QQ post".

Edited by Bubalaru

Posted

Hardcore Gamers right now..

tumblr_nckkfc7qZk1twyezqo1_500.gif

2 people like this

Posted

How hard is it to add another $20 costume to milk us?

apparently, it takes 10+ hr

1 person likes this

Posted

Gender lock: gay men everywhere, gay talk everywhere, gay men party 24/7

Global chat: www.bikinipanda.com www.okaygoods.com TRUMP Bernie Sanders Hillary Alienware, 1% BDO Talk

Ghillie suit: leafy costume overstackflow; trending too successful; why everyone on it? a must-have?

Point of view: a newcomer

Fix on any of these?

variety is the spice of life. people come from all walks of life, a community filled with people that only talk about the game would get boring, I kinda like the random jabbering of the chat sometimes :3

Posted

MEDIAH ? BLADER?

Posted (edited)

Patch notes or it didn't happen!

Wait... nevermind. I got nothing but love for you - it just would be great to see the patch notes.

anigif_optimized-8976-1424716482-9.gif

Edited by Xtort
1 person likes this

Posted

How hard is it to add another $20 costume to milk us?

apparently, it takes 10+ hr

No no, one costume is 5 hours, therefore we should be getting two new costumes!

Posted

It's unacceptable to have a maintenance during the day. You take the game offline every week for at least half a day, (an entire day in this case) instead of doing this at night as every other company does. That kind of shows your lack of commitment to the matter and what's more important, you disrespect your customers. We've all payed for this game, got surprisingly little for our money since all the best stuff is available in the game store, and you basically tell us to bugger of. Are you really that focused on pure profit that you can't pay some of your employees a little extra to come work at night? I don't think many people will stick to that game after a few months if you continue on doing that and most of the content stays available only to those who are willing to pay extra for it. But perhaps your policy is to make money on thousands of people who buy the game and then never play it again after a few weeks/months because you know the game has little to offer afterwards, huh? I know i went on a little rant but really I had high hopes for the game and all it does lately is dissapoint me with such details.

By the way, I speak as a EU player.

Posted

Every company do this. Blizzard, NCsoft, Game Net and etc. I never saw before maintenance time at day. Some ppl work morning shift, some evening. So, that ppl can play only 6 from 7 days? Dont need say bullshit about real life. We pay for 7/7. We are understand, maintenance is important part of any MMO, but make it a night.
 BTW. Black desert required more time then 1-2h per day. Thanks for wasting my time.

Yeah but you forget that Blizzard, as an example, have physical offices in both NA and EU. So catering for both time zones are a lot easier for them.

When your company is located in just Europe (Netherlands for Daum), then you have no choice but to do maintenance simultaneously for both NA and EU. If they did the maintenance during the early hours of the morning, guess what time it is in NA... Yeah you're looking at 6pm - which is prime time for NA players. That is a lot worse than having the maintenance done during the day for us.

Sometimes you need to think about other people and not just yourself.

Posted

Would be nice to have some patch notes to read while we wait for networking issues, guys. 

Also, I find it so funny how people cry about maintenance being done during the day...as if they have no concept of the day and night schedules of anyone else in the world. If you're playing on a NA server, be prepared for the maintenance to not follow your schedule.

Posted

11b64g.thumb.jpg.00eb438c31ec34eb04e4ffc
11b67h.thumb.jpg.0fa1a04509bf94cb5fc9ee1

jk:P

4 people like this

Posted

It's unacceptable to have a maintenance during the day. You take the game offline every week for at least half a day, (an entire day in this case) instead of doing this at night as every other company does. That kind of shows your lack of commitment to the matter and what's more important, you disrespect your customers. We've all payed for this game, got surprisingly little for our money since all the best stuff is available in the game store, and you basically tell us to bugger of. Are you really that focused on pure profit that you can't pay some of your employees a little extra to come work at night? I don't think many people will stick to that game after a few months if you continue on doing that and most of the content stays available only to those who are willing to pay extra for it. But perhaps your policy is to make money on thousands of people who buy the game and then never play it again after a few weeks/months because you know the game has little to offer afterwards, huh? I know i went on a little rant but really I had high hopes for the game and all it does lately is dissapoint me with such details.

By the way, I speak as a EU player.

Yup, they should only do maintenance when it is night for *everyone* who plays the game...

2 people like this

Posted

*grabs popcorn*

My deepest respect for the hard working techies! :)  Send them some cookies(And beer) for the long hours they make ;) 

2 people like this

Posted

Another week with my only day off being the day that happens to be maintenance, in the middle of the day for the whole day. Really feeling the love here in EU why can't we please have a different time from NA this is getting particularly frustrating.

I feel your pain this is the only day this week i had more than 2h of free time and ofc this is what we get xD

1 person likes this