• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Grouping PvE

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope that the experience sharing between members of a group can be revised. As I red a lot about this game, I saw that it was more efficient to hunt alone than in group.

I wish that it could be the opposite. I suggest that the experience given in group is 60-70% of the exp we get in solo. MMORPGs should all follow that rule since they are MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER games.

6 people like this

Posted

+1 To that! Most of the Reviews I've read about the game mentions that problem. Sure hopes it gets fixed!

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't tested it myself, but apparently they fixed the exp reduction in parties.

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't tested it myself, but apparently they fixed the exp reduction in parties.

Good to hear ! I can't wait to test it.

Posted

I hope so, I always travel with a friend!

1 person likes this

Posted

This made me happy!

1 person likes this

Posted

This made me happy!

Great, thanks for posting this !

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree, it does scale with the number of people in the group...as of now, a 2 man group pulling 14 mobs is the fastest way to level...but yes, they need to make it so full groups can level...not a fan of raids, and I don't want to see that all...just aids the baddy zergs.

The only thing that matters is that the exp split is as fast as if we hunt solo. I bet that many of us NA/EU are going to start with a group o' friends.

Posted

The only thing that matters is that the exp split is as fast as if we hunt solo. I bet that many of us NA/EU are going to start with a group o' friends.

^This d as we mentioned in our podcast we want to be able to play with our freinds and not tell them to GTFO because they slow you down. Party exp needs a boost the more members the more exp should be gained not the other way around. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree, it does scale with the number of people in the group...as of now, a 2 man group pulling 14 mobs is the fastest way to level...but yes, they need to make it so full groups can level...not a fan of raids, and I don't want to see that all...just aids the baddy zergs.

People who raid are baddies? What? lol Go play something like FFXIV with 8 man (savage) raids and do it while you can't overgear the content and tell me "it's for baddies". That's the dumbest thing I've seen on these forums so far, and that's like... crazy. Not every game is like WoW with DeadlyBossMods, sir.

The PvE in this game is for baddies. Do you even have any idea of how ridiculously faceroll the PvE here is? You could be functionally retarded and still be able to grind out the xp, skill, and silver to get the very best gear and faceroll people into the ground who didn't grind as much boring PvE as you. It's a pretty garbage situation for a game about PvP which should be about skill, not about baddies with gear.

^This d as we mentioned in our podcast we want to be able to play with our freinds and not tell them to GTFO because they slow you down. Party exp needs a boost the more members the more exp should be gained not the other way around. 

More of a problem at lower levels is they you just run all over each other in a party, gets way worse if you have better gear. In a more traditional setup you'd expect to like, pull everything, and everyone kill it. But you can only drag mobs so far before they tether, can only agro so many mobs, can only be so far away from each other before you don't get xp. The logistics are a complete nightmare, making it ridiculously more efficient to just gather monsters yourself and flatten them. A significant amount of things would need to be tweaked (and should) to really make this viable.

1 person likes this

Posted

the biggest Problem is that you can kill mob Groups even in high Level region way to easy alone.

1 person likes this

Posted

This made me happy!

Watched the vid but most of the suggestions are done in Gw2 dungeons, Not popular at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

What we mostly need to make playing in party more rewarding are better mobs in terms of AI and stats but mainly AI. It would be harder for people to solo and partying would be more efficient. With a little fix to exp share it would be perfect. Basically we need almost everything to be as it was in CBT1 (darker nights, party focus, more world bosses, etc.).

1 person likes this

Posted

I completly agree with the video.

They have to improve the pve in the game .. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In my previous game TERA the PvE was really good.
There were plenty of BAM's (Big Ass Monsters) wich needed 5 - 10 or 20 people to kill.

Sky Cruiser Hard Mode (5 persons)

Akerons Inferno (10 man)

And the best instance i've played (sadly not in the game anymore)

Kelsiak's Nest (20 man)

These were all amazing instances and worthful to be group content.

Sadly i got bored of the game and thats how i got massive interest in Black Desert.

So im kinda hoping for some amazing PvE content :D

1 person likes this

Posted

In my previous game TERA the PvE was really good.
There were plenty of BAM's (Big Ass Monsters) wich needed 5 - 10 or 20 people to kill.

Sky Cruiser Hard Mode (5 persons)

Akerons Inferno (10 man)

And the best instance i've played (sadly not in the game anymore)

Kelsiak's Nest (20 man)

These were all amazing instances and worthful to be group content.

Sadly i got bored of the game and thats how i got massive interest in Black Desert.

So im kinda hoping for some amazing PvE content :D

difficulty curve made me quit the game because all new content got 'easy" to a point you can do half of them drunk (which I did) hopefully BDO does have PvE endgame content or it is gonna flop hard in the PvE department

1 person likes this

Posted

Responded to a few other topics just now. And indeed a party exp boost of >5% and/or scaling when having more people in party should be implemented to promote group playing. 

More so since Daum's reaction to raids and dungeons was(don't shoot me if I get this wrong, I got this from a youtube source) that they want to  keep it fully 'open world' and a dungeon or raid being instanced, it didn't fit their picture. I think it's important to send a message to Daum stating that instances in BDO will be a massive asset to the game. Instances make content creating also easier(make different difficulties, make random theme's, random monsters - endless possibilities in instances). 

Difficulty overall should be increased imo, but that goes for both solo and group play. 

^Jeasy

1 person likes this