• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Farming is unfairly punished

47 posts in this topic

Posted

If a player harvests trees, the materials stack.  If you harvest ore the materials stack.  No matter what you gather in the world the items stack.

So, why is it that when i harvest seeds from farming every single seed has to take an individual slot.  If I harvest one of my ten slot fences planted with 10 crops I end up with 20-25 seeds all of which are individual.  Then on top of that I get the the "extra" farming items. Managing 10 10spot fences is a giant pain of rotate the pack space. Delete tons of seeds there just isnt enough space.

Who in their right mind thought that it was a good idea for every seed to be individual. Is there some point to this?

2 people like this

Posted

I hear you can pay money for inventory space.

:P

Posted

probably to push inventory sales lol the unfortunate life we live, where greed runs everything

3 people like this

Posted

probably to push inventory sales lol the unfortunate life we live, where greed runs everything

I know right. I can't believe they are trying to make a profit. sarcasm off

Posted

You could harvest every kind of tree and ore in the game and not use anywhere near the pack space that farming uses.  I have gotten extra pack space but no matter how much you get it isnt anywhere near enough.  You are constantly deleting tons of seeds just to make room for the next batch that comes in.  Its all entirely ridiculous.  If you have bred up to special varieties of 12 different plants and you want enough seeds on hand to plant 20 plants of each kind which is only 2 large fences you would have to set aside 240 slot of space.  That is in addition to all the space you need for other things.  You still have not given me a reason why plant seeds need to not be stackable.

Posted

I know right. I can't believe they are trying to make a profit. sarcasm off

they already make a profit with the base game sales and cosmetic items. they are trying to make more than a profit, a killing. lol

Posted

they already make a profit with the base game sales and cosmetic items. they are trying to make more than a profit, a killing. lol

I wasn't aware that was considered unusual for a business.

Also, given everything else stacks, this was probably just an oversight.

Posted

Because seeds in a garden work just like furniture in a house.

6 people like this

Posted

I wasn't aware that was considered unusual for a business.

Also, given everything else stacks, this was probably just an oversight.

who said it was unusual? o.O

Posted

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a seed box to the craftable farming goods, like scarecrow and waterway. The seed box could be a seed-only storage, keeping them all right at your garden for handy access.

Posted

That would be incredible but I would believe something like that when I see it.

Posted

Daum : Just pay me for the inventory space or else stfu

Posted

I think this is a great suggestion. I personally havent done any farming, but I do like the idea of my inventory not being full just to accomplish the task.

@CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

Is there a reason we have separate slots per seed? If so could you clarify so we know why this is the way it is?

Posted

It still beats subscription, move on if you are unable to fathom the benefits.

Posted

There must be a technical reason why seeds are not stackable, I'm sure Pearl Abyss engineers will work on a solution to that whenever they finish solving the other technical difficulties more important to this.

Posted

What benefits? You know it is FREE on other versions, right?

Ahh yes, the subscription, you only compare it with another subs game, sadly you don't understand you are getting milk here.

So besides WoW and FF14, remind me which games have subs again?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah would be nice if the CM's would answer why the stacking is turned off for seeds.

Posted

The games with no substance.

Is any other company willing to set up servers and market BDO? no. Whats wrong with 30 odd quid to buy the game you don't get enough pocket money each week? What exactly is the difference between you and a child? Please go back to steam and enjoy your handful of "quality" titles.

Posted

why would I move on? I already spent over $120  xD however greed is still greed :P 

Posted

I would like to be able to have seeds stack in your inventory. 

Posted

What benefits? You know it is FREE on other versions, right?

Ahh yes, the subscription, you only compare it with another subs game, sadly you don't understand you are getting milk here.

swtor even if its optional xD 

Posted (edited)

why would I move on? I already spent over $120  xD however greed is still greed :P 

Have you played an Ncsoft game? That is greed.

Remember Trion?

Blizzard milked almost everyone and with all that they made a 2nd tier moba and a super casual card game and shooter.

EA games...

So let's see so far with Daum, you pay one time that includes future updates, slightly starved with inventory space after completing all the quests but you can park a wagon to help you, weight is an issue but can be trained for more + ingame items. Ghillie suit if you open your eyes can be easily countered, Fishing suit only gives fishing speed +1 and the swim speed is unnecessary. In regards to dyes and costumes, they are company not a charity.

Tell me of greed some more please, like the ungrateful individual that many of you are.

Edited by WelshSteel

Posted

Still not seeing the reason seeds can't stack in your inventory if all other gathered materials can.

Crops stack.

Boxes of crops stack.

Seeds don't stack.

Logic?

Posted

Have you played an Ncsoft game? That is greed.

Remember Trion?

Blizzard milked almost everyone and with all that they made a 2nd tier moba and a super casual card game and shooter.

EA games...

So let's see so far with Daum, you pay one time that includes future updates, slightly starved with inventory space after completing all the quests but you can park a wagon to help you, weight is an issue but can be trained for more + ingame items. Ghillie suit if you open your eyes can be easily countered, Fishing suit only gives fishing speed +1 and the swim speed is unnecessary. In regards to dyes and costumes, they are company not a charity.

Tell me of greed some more please, like the ungrateful individual that many of you are.

lol oh gosh aren't we self righteous and officious. 9_9

Posted

lol oh gosh aren't we self righteous and officious. 9_9

BDO is a game that you main, $120? that is a pretty small investment and what is a WoW subscription over a year?

I'm usually go on forums to help and acquire information but seeing as these forums have been invested with the virus of whiny children i'll get some cheap thrills now and again pointing out how truly stupid some people are.

Another example are their are a lot of people paying £500 for an Iphone and this is considered a worthy investment? That's enough posts from me anyway i'll be hammering the game some more tomorrow instead of spending time whining about it.

2 people like this