• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Farming is unfairly punished

47 posts in this topic

Posted

nuff said

Posted

The games with no substance.

Is any other company willing to set up servers and market BDO? no. Whats wrong with 30 odd quid to buy the game you don't get enough pocket money each week? What exactly is the difference between you and a child? Please go back to steam and enjoy your handful of "quality" titles.

The different between me and the child which you is knowing the value of money and having a brain not to get milk.

That's the biggest different I can think of. When you do know that the developers intentionally remove contents to try to force you to buy CS, yet you are still willing not only to buy, but to defend them. That's not only stupid, but gullible

So, thanks for pointing out the different.

Posted

If a player harvests trees, the materials stack.  If you harvest ore the materials stack.  No matter what you gather in the world the items stack.

So, why is it that when i harvest seeds from farming every single seed has to take an individual slot.  If I harvest one of my ten slot fences planted with 10 crops I end up with 20-25 seeds all of which are individual.  Then on top of that I get the the "extra" farming items. Managing 10 10spot fences is a giant pain of rotate the pack space. Delete tons of seeds there just isnt enough space.

Who in their right mind thought that it was a good idea for every seed to be individual. Is there some point to this?

I encourage you to try to stack seed one on top of the other, it is fairly difficult.

Jokes aside, fair point and I am adding it to my feedback report.

10 people like this

Posted

Would be nice if crystals and identical gear (non enchanted non socketed) stacks and pots were lighter ( i wouldnt mind paying more silver)

Posted (edited)

Because seeds in a garden work just like furniture in a house.

this is correct.  The seeds can not stack because of they are physical elements of the sandbox.

In order to make them stackable, the farming content would have to be recoded to resemble that of alchemy or cooking, where you drop the item into a UI slot.

Theyre more than likely not going to touch any kind of revamp on that for a very long while. 

But it does certainly present a problem compared to the other life skills.

may have to use multiple characters to assist in farming.

Edited by Andaro

Posted

A wagon could help with this. It is kinda dumb that the seeds don't stack

Posted

I know right. I can't believe they are trying to make a profit. sarcasm off

There is difference between making profit and treating your customers like cash milking cows.

Posted

Seeds should stack. I don't understand why it's even a debate. It makes sense both from a gameplay point of view (virtually everything stacks, up to certain lootable trade items), from a weight point of view and from a realistic point of view (seeds weight nothing). 

Posted (edited)

Have you played an Ncsoft game? That is greed.

Remember Trion?

Blizzard milked almost everyone and with all that they made a 2nd tier moba and a super casual card game and shooter.

EA games...

So let's see so far with Daum, you pay one time that includes future updates, slightly starved with inventory space after completing all the quests but you can park a wagon to help you, weight is an issue but can be trained for more + ingame items. Ghillie suit if you open your eyes can be easily countered, Fishing suit only gives fishing speed +1 and the swim speed is unnecessary. In regards to dyes and costumes, they are company not a charity.

Tell me of greed some more please, like the ungrateful individual that many of you are.

You forgot Gameforge...

Edited by Aywa

Posted

they already make a profit with the base game sales and cosmetic items. they are trying to make more than a profit, a killing. lol

They are trying to expend, you think your 1 time purchase covers anything in the long run?

Posted

You people do realize that seeds have different ages, just like fish yes?

There's your reason.

Posted (edited)

BDO is a game that you main, $120? that is a pretty small investment and what is a WoW subscription over a year?

I'm usually go on forums to help and acquire information but seeing as these forums have been invested with the virus of whiny children i'll get some cheap thrills now and again pointing out how truly stupid some people are.

Another example are their are a lot of people paying £500 for an Iphone and this is considered a worthy investment? That's enough posts from me anyway i'll be hammering the game some more tomorrow instead of spending time whining about it.

yes, because everyone that doesn't agree with you is a 'whiny child' LOL get off you high horse bud. I merely pointed out fact we live in an age where greed runs things. how is that not true? Lol! the game makes a killing off of everything, and selling inventory by 8 is a little excessive. EVEN if there are wagons, etc. should I be grateful for my store selling bread even if its one of the most basic items, while it's completely inflated because "it could be worse at other grocery stores" lmao "you could make your own bread..." absurd.

and the 120 I spend is a testament that obviously it doesn't bother me THAT much, because it just is what it is. lol and 120 isn't even small because Ive only actually been in game less than a week, so 120 upfront for a game is a lot. I have yet to buy ghillie which I plan to..then all the costumes that come out etc etc etc lol I'd probably be saving money if this were subscription in the long run.

Edited by RocknRolla

Posted

Seeds don't stack because some seeds still / used to expire. All items that expire do not stack.

2 people like this

Posted

If a player harvests trees, the materials stack.  If you harvest ore the materials stack.  No matter what you gather in the world the items stack.

So, why is it that when i harvest seeds from farming every single seed has to take an individual slot.  If I harvest one of my ten slot fences planted with 10 crops I end up with 20-25 seeds all of which are individual.  Then on top of that I get the the "extra" farming items. Managing 10 10spot fences is a giant pain of rotate the pack space. Delete tons of seeds there just isnt enough space.

Who in their right mind thought that it was a good idea for every seed to be individual. Is there some point to this?

You think that that is unfair? How about other classes having +10EXP costumes, EXP crystals and such...and we only have a +5%EXP costume and if we need more EXP bonus we have to enhance it ourselves? ... now thats what I call "Unfair"... Plus, your most EXP income comes from "sticks" and "leafs" that hardly and randomly drop from pruning and blight...

~Farmer Skilled 7~

1 person likes this

Posted

You think that that is unfair? How about other classes having +10EXP costumes, EXP crystals and such...and we only have a +5%EXP costume and if we need more EXP bonus we have to enhance it ourselves? ... now thats what I call "Unfair"... Plus, your most EXP income comes from "sticks" and "leafs" that hardly and randomly drop from pruning and blight...

~Farmer Skilled 7~

Farmer skilled 9 here and I can confirm. It is so painful leveling farming compared to other professions.

It really does need a rework.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try fishing. That doesn't stack either. Open your wallet and expand those inventories :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Try fishing. That doesn't stack either. 

Seeds don't stack because some seeds still / used to expire. All items that expire do not stack.

I don't see them reworking this. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

my solution would be: allow em stack in warehouse space, but do not allow stacking in regular inventory space and boom, problem of space is solved without changing farming from sandbox to cooking utensil (similar to huge volume of material is split into smaller bits during transport, say timber is in stacks of 100 for purpose of transporting whereas it seems stack several thousands in warehouse space)

Edited by raven0ak

Posted

Thank you for the Reply CM Jouska.

And as for the fact that some seeds expire.  I can see how that would cause them to need to not stack but that seems something to change in light of the fact that the whole system is crazy regarding space for it.  I think it should be re-examined.  Hopefully some input by a CM will cause them to rethink things. Of course I'm not holding my breath but its worth an attempt.

Posted

Fishing doesn't stack so grow up farmer boy.

Posted

Fishing doesn't stack so grow up farmer boy.

The irony.

Posted

You seem to get ignored a lot in threads, as if people don't like logic.

You seem to get ignored a lot in threads, as if people don't like logic.