• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Account Banned?!

77 posts in this topic

Posted

They have been reversing these bans, but they should be permanent. Assholes that do this shouldn't play.

Posted

Harsh. Couldn't they just mute for such things?

Posted

Harsh. Couldn't they just mute for such things?

That would only be ok as a "first strike" measure...

Repeat offenders still should get banned.

Posted (edited)

Contact customer support. If it was a mistake, they'll fix it for ya. They've been a little zealous hehe.

Zealous my foot!

Gold farmer spam literally OVERRUNS the entire Uno world chat at all hours, every day.  And the "drain your energy" ridiculousness to report each gold spammer merely says Daum is actively discouraging people from reporting them, so they don't have to do anything about this plague.

Daum runs BDO like NCSoft runs their F2P games for crying out loud-- completely looking the other way while farmers and spammers overrun (and lag out) every server.  You can tell BDO is F2P in all the other countries-- it's run here in North America like it's F2P.

And where *do* all these gold spammers get all their 7 day passes, anyway?  Some of them have got to be buying boxes of BDO somewhere along the line.  Is it that the gold spammers and farmers never get banned, so they only have to buy one box, at which point they hand out their free passes to the other spammers/farmers in their companies?  Then the spammers just keep re-rolling new characters every now and again so that players who've banned them get stuck seeing their gold spam in the chat once again?

Edited by Xurelle

Posted

Good!

Posted

People are being far too harsh in saying "You deserve it." While I do think you were in all due respects "Stupid" for doing what you did. I think you should just be slapped on the wrist and sent on your way, but a repeat of the action, should result in a further form of punishment. That being said. Please do not spam the channel chat. I've gotten to the point where I made an entirely separate tab with just guild, whisper, party and system because of Trump spam and gold seller spam. You aren't helping the situation when you think a skeleton is funny.

Posted

We already have enough spam from gold-sellers, we don't need attention whores on top.

Keep it up Daum.

Posted

if u r banned then why r u on the forums? they have a support page try going to that

Posted

silly reason to be banned open ticket,complain.

Posted

Stop spamming chat with ascii when gold bots are using ascii too. In fact just don't do it.

Posted

Are you sure that's what you were banned for? Half of orwen chat would have been banned by now if thats the case. Go put in a ticket in support center

Truest thing ever said.....bear, toucan, bear, toucan, bear, toucan......

Posted (edited)

Honest mistake. Sometimes we do stuff and think about it afterwards. Sometimes we can get away with, sometimes not;)

Edited by Frindis

Posted

Your game account was banned?

You weren't just chat banned ingame?

Something's seriously wrong if that's the case.

Posted

They will reserve it, but enjoy your few days ban for troll spamming. Lesson learned. Think.

Posted

Like I said I rarely even speak in general chat. I was up at 2am playing there was very little going on in the chat. I saw the Skelly in our guild TS server and thought "let's break the silence. It was completely in jest and honestly the first time I've ever done anything like that in this or any game for that matter. I posted it and lol'd a bit as did some other players then BAM. Banned. 

I'm obviously not asking for empathy. I'm just kinda bewildered and was seeing if its happened to anyone else. I posted a support ticket last night but still have not heard anything. I was going to play some today and buy some pearls for a pet. I was excited! Hopefully they get me reinstated so I can buy that ugly black cat. He would mesh well with my ugly wizard.

PLEASE DAUM FORGIVE ME!

Posted

I once looked at the general chat...

I now protect my remaining eye by only using guild chat.

Posted (edited)

Like I said I rarely even speak in general chat. I was up at 2am playing there was very little going on in the chat. I saw the Skelly in our guild TS server and thought "let's break the silence. It was completely in jest and honestly the first time I've ever done anything like that in this or any game for that matter. I posted it and lol'd a bit as did some other players then BAM. Banned. 

I'm obviously not asking for empathy. I'm just kinda bewildered and was seeing if its happened to anyone else. I posted a support ticket last night but still have not heard anything. I was going to play some today and buy some pearls for a pet. I was excited! Hopefully they get me reinstated so I can buy that ugly black cat. He would mesh well with my ugly wizard.

PLEASE DAUM FORGIVE ME!

Well, Daum/PA implemented an automated ban-hammer in relation to ASCIIs to combat the gold / pearl shop spammers (edit: esp when the megaphone is used).

That's what you got caught up in.

If you can prove that it wasn't anything more, then you'll be unbanned.

Another possible reason might be, that your account got compromised and thus banned to prevent abuse.

This will also get sorted by the CS guys.

I wish Daum/PA would just strictly forbid posting ASCII's once and for all, so that they can actually use the auto-ban mechanic to the fullest effect.

Special Butterflies getting caught in the nets kind of prevents them from going all out against the gold-spam :-/

Edited by Skaar

Posted

Did you do it in general chat or guild chat? I know someone who was banned for putting one in guild chat. he got it reversed of course but it was still kinda messed up.

Gold spammers need a ban, chat spammers need a warning pop up telling them not to spam, then a 1 week chat ban, then a 3 day game ban followed by a permanent ban.

It wouldn't even be hard just check the spams like this for specific words such as pearls/gold/.com, net, etc.

Posted

Did you do it in general chat or guild chat? I know someone who was banned for putting one in guild chat. he got it reversed of course but it was still kinda messed up.

Gold spammers need a ban, chat spammers need a warning pop up telling them not to spam, then a 1 week chat ban, then a 3 day game ban followed by a permanent ban.

It wouldn't even be hard just check the spams like this for specific words such as pearls/gold/.com, net, etc.

How long did it take for your friend to get it reversed?

Posted

about 2 days they are pretty on top of it.

Posted

"flat out" and "implied" don't go too well together. lol.

Well... -----.

Posted

Still nothing from support. First time I've ever been banned from anything in my life. I take full responsibility... and had I known it would result in this it wouldn't have happened. Really sucks I have 2 days off and can't get on. 

I was hoping to at least get a reply instead of being left in the dark.

Posted

Still nothing from support. First time I've ever been banned from anything in my life. I take full responsibility... and had I known it would result in this it wouldn't have happened. Really sucks I have 2 days off and can't get on. 

Support tickets seem to be 7 days minimum wait time at the moment. I can almost imagine you trolling in your support ticket though Jimmy "A crazed midget broke into my house tied me up and started posting illicit ascii on my character in channel chat, it wasn't me".

Posted

This has been happening to alot of people, they post ascii image in channel chat and get banned till 2046, the system probably detects that and instantly bans you etc.

Though you do deserve a second chance, even though it's annoying. :)

Good thing there is ASCII protection, gold spammers are less important. amiright?

Posted

So you want to be unbanned cause you broke the rulles once ? Why didnt you read them ? Just pay another 30$ and you learn the lesson :D