• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Player to Player Trade Improvement

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I know a lot of people disagreed on trading before CBT1 Yet I wanted to make this post.

Our guild will have the trade feature as the base for a lot of our future activities, We experimented trade during CBT1 and we concluded it's very limited.

I want to make a few proposals for some improvements on the trade feature:

First - agreements:

• I do think only trading items and not money is very good;
  • Also not being able to trade cash shop items (like dyes) is great.

Second - New Proposal:

• Why not be able to trade things crafted by players? Like armors, weapons (both only without enhancements), horse armor, tools, furniture, etc.
  • This way players that wanted to buy items with money will still use the Market, but we can also be marketers (only exchanging goods).

EDIT- New Proposal:

Trade of 'the same value' - if PLAYER 1 wants to trade a armor peace that sells between 100k and 120k in the AH then the PLAYER 2 must trade an item/a couple of items that reach around the same value, either reaching the minimum or the maximum value at max.

Edited by Nesato
30 people like this

Posted

Definitely agree with this, Trading shouldn't be as limited as it is right now.
Your proposal makes sense as well, so yeah, I think that kind of system should be implemented!

2 people like this

Posted

Yes

Posted

+1

Posted

I agree trading in it's form right now I think will hurt the game in the long run. Clans/guilds usually have people whom love to craft or fight so now there is no reason to be a crafter in a clan unless you just want to be rich in game as you can't trade anything but potions (all I have seen so far). Even in archeage in clan with the point system like both games have we had one person processing/gathering the items and another crafting them cause of the points this makes for great team work in guilds.

If it's due to the worry of real money transfers make it to where it's clan/guild only for open trade(not counting money no money trade period) and you have to wait 24-72 hours to join another clan or something. There has to be a way to have better trade as no only it's the points it's the housing system as well.

4 people like this

Posted

If it's due to the worry of real money transfers make it to where it's clan/guild only for open trade(not counting money no money trade period) and you have to wait 24-72 hours to join another clan or something.

So much this!

My wife and i came up with about the same solution. Limit trades to guild members and block guildhopping by a cooldown timer. Each time you change in a certain amount of time, the time goes up.

After all, it´s the aim of every guild to be self-sufficient. And that is perfectly possible in BD, if it wasn´t for the trade limitations!

Please change this!

3 people like this

Posted

+1

Please make trading of tools, weapons and armor at least within guilds possible.

Posted

Agreed! Hear our plea, BD gods! ; n;

2 people like this

Posted

Yes please.

If I can add my own two silvers, I'd also like to be able to trade donkey/horse emblem (or w/e those were called, I forget) that you buy off vendors. Reason being is that I'd want to help out my newer friends who are just starting the game etc down the line. Considering you can already buy infinite amount of those off vendors, it's not game breaking in any way. (I mean the basic ones btw, not the stronger donkeys etc)

2 people like this

Posted

I'd also like to see these changes.

+1 support.

Posted

Yes, adding a wider variety of trade items will really help the game. With such a focus on crafting and trading in this game, it SHOULD be viable to start a crafting guild. It isn't really at this point, as all you can do is really solo play a trader and trade with NPCs. It would add more to the game and world if crafting guilds could be a thing, they could trade things like cannons, cannon balls, enchants, potions and other things to the PvP guilds, allowing non PvP players the ability to actually make a wealthy and well known guild on the server, even if their PvP ability isn't super high. 

Having played MMO's over many years, I too hate gold sellers, but allowing players to trade items with each other, perhaps within the Auction House allowed Highest and Lowest price limits would really increase the Crafting and RP player side of this game, and allow the PvPers to crack on with fighting instead of having to craft if they don't want too, without allowing gold sellers the ability to make money. For example, if a player wanted to buy in-game currency, they would have to go through the long process of crafting items themselves just to trade for a limited amount of currency. Now say the Cannon was the most expensive item to sell, maybe at 9-11K allowed price range, (I'm just using an example price here) a player would have to go through the the long and multi-stage process to craft that item just to trade it to the gold seller for no more money than what they could of gotten at the AH. At this point the gold seller would just do better going to another MMO, or you know, getting an actual job.   

3 people like this

Posted

++ SOunds good

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the support guys ^_^, hope this gets to the GMs hands and that they listen to our request :$

Edited by Nesato

Posted

Hello everyone. I know a lot of people disagreed on trading before CBT1 Yet I wanted to make this post.

In case you don't know our guild House of Festivities we have the trade feature as the base for a lot of our future activities, We experimented trade during CBT1 and we concluded it's very limited.

First - agreements:

Second - New Proposal:

• Why not be able to trade things crafted by players? Like armors, weapons (both only without enhancements), horse armor, tools, furniture, etc.
  • This way players that wanted to buy items with money will still use the Market, but we can also be marketers (only exchanging goods).

You're the true !! ;)

I think exactly the same thing .

Actually the trade feauture is very bad .

I hope/I pray ( as U prefer )  devz listen us !

( sorry for my bad english )

1 person likes this

Posted

+1!

Posted (edited)

In case you don't know our guild House of Festivities we have the trade feature as the base for a lot of our future activities, We experimented trade during CBT1 and we concluded it's very limited.

First - agreements:

Second - New Proposal:

I could deal with the second proposal, if we cannot get a more open market system.  It's still ridiculously restrictive.

Edited by Diggerton

Posted

nope still dont get it. I dont get why you want to change something that is unique and makes everyone play all aspects into the exact same thing you can do in every other mmo

Posted

I was always for a player to player trading system, but I also don't have the many, many fears that those against it do. Being able to trade items and not money doesn't really change anything by the way. If those items have value, they can be used as temporary currency, traded, then sold to merchants for silver. This doesn't bother me either, I'm just letting you know that it will happen. Even if we had NO trade, that does not get rid of sellers, as the option to level accounts--or just outright scam people out of them, will still happen. Powerleveling is a thing, even when gold selling is not.

Usually sellers and cash shop whales can be somewhat defeated by the game itself filling that gap. If there is a way to purchase shop items with an in-game currency...at a rather sizeable sum of course, then there is little reason to purchase from sellers. Most people buying from whales do so because they either do not see enough value/dollar on cash shop items, or do not have the money themselves. What they do have, is the free time to invest in silver farming. The other thing this does, is lessen the gap between have and have not. One less thing to fuel fire, the less toxicity there is to permeate a community.

3 people like this

Posted

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

I was always for a player to player trading system, but I also don't have the many, many fears that those against it do. Being able to trade items and not money doesn't really change anything by the way. If those items have value, they can be used as temporary currency, traded, then sold to merchants for silver. This doesn't bother me either, I'm just letting you know that it will happen. Even if we had NO trade, that does not get rid of sellers, as the option to level accounts--or just outright scam people out of them, will still happen. Powerleveling is a thing, even when gold selling is not.

Usually sellers and cash shop whales can be somewhat defeated by the game itself filling that gap. If there is a way to purchase shop items with an in-game currency...at a rather sizeable sum of course, then there is little reason to purchase from sellers. Most people buying from whales do so because they either do not see enough value/dollar on cash shop items, or do not have the money themselves. What they do have, is the free time to invest in silver farming. The other thing this does, is lessen the gap between have and have not. One less thing to fuel fire, the less toxicity there is to permeate a community.

Agreed.  Let the players have free trade, period.  I think all the rhetoric regarding RMT and gold sellers is way over hyped.  Trading in mmo's is a staple of the genre, and something that many players love to participate in, myself included.  Why shouldn't a crafter be allowed to sell his wares on an open market?  A free market system simply adds yet another level of complexity to an already complex game.  A static economy is just plain boring.

3 people like this

Posted

You're worried about gold sellers but you have to think about people using many, many accounts at once.

This would make it somewhat P2W, the more accounts/PCs you have, the more money you can do by just leaving afk all your accounts. And I don't need to remind how many AFK activities BDO offers.

2 people like this

Posted

You're worried about gold sellers but you have to think about people using many, many accounts at once.

This would make it somewhat P2W, the more accounts/PCs you have, the more money you can do by just leaving afk all your accounts. And I don't need to remind how many AFK activities BDO offers.

Excellent point.

Posted (edited)

This could certainly be a problem, but from the CBT experience I had, Workers now work with you offline on workshops and nodes as many rounds as you have selected. A lot of of the afk past activities are losing the need for the player to stay afk.

Edited by Nesato

Posted

Far as I can determine, fishing and energy regeneration are the only two AFK activities.  Fishing loses it's luster as you progress through the levels as the money doesn't scale.  Energy regeneration while offline definitely needs to change.

Multi-boxing happens, it's as much a staple of MMOs as trading.  You can limit things like input replication but apart from that, I see one person multiboxing with 10 accounts no different than 10 people cooperating for a single goal.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

trade enabled things probably should all have 0 silver npc value - become character bound on trade and limited to things that cant be bought or sold on the auction house.. people say they want to help others and these are some of the basic items i think they might be talking about - other things too i am sure could be added?

trade enabled items with zero silver set for sale to npc items:

• potions
  • t1 horses
  • npc bought gears
  • lanterns
  • foods
  • npc furniture
  • basic fishing poles

just a starting point - but personally playing skyforge without trade tho awkward at first has been no issue at all and is very easy to get used to.. unfortunately i think that was part of the intended design from the start - something like this (black desert) i don't think had that in mind so

edit: any stacked items that are loot based or bought off the broker or npc stores -  craft items included - 0 silver npc value. Quest items for silver turn in's should not be trade enabled as well.

Edited by bdo77
2 people like this