• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Which classes are weak against rangers

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Warriors, valks and sorcs are natural counters but what are the classes who are weak against rangers? Or at least classes that a ranger need to target first.

Thanks!

Posted

Warriors, valks and sorcs are natural counters but what are the classes who are weak against rangers? Or at least classes that a ranger need to target first.

Thanks!

There aren't really any counters to ranger. Given gear is at or around the same level, it becomes a skill match up against good players and not so good players. Warriors and Valks are more difficult, but by all means not a counter. Sorcs can do great damage, but also take massive damage. Your mobility matches their mobility when actually fighting (minus the iframe reliability) and if the sorc wants to run away let them. Too many people chase and get into unfavorable terrain, or waste 10 minutes getting trolled by someone you'll never catch up to. You may catch them every once in a while, but unless you 100-0 them they'll just continue to run and pot up anyways. Take your small victory and go about your business. Wizards/witches are much more of a pain than Sorcs as they have a plethora of AoE CC, and if you manage to get caught because you got too close it most of the time will spell your doom. I've fought against good tamers that have gotten a lucky stun from Heilang on me and have put me in sticky situations, as well as a berserker who got a nasty grab off and put me down to 10% hp instantly. When things such as gear is =, skill comes into play and you'll quickly see the difference between good players and not so good players. Also, in PVP you should never use the same thing over and over and have a "rotation". You become predictable and good players can, and will adapt to you. Same for you, pay attention to how they're playing and adjust your pattern to compensate against their play style. Best advice I can give.

Posted

Thanks!

In a 1v1 scenario, it's pretty straight forward who to target. So I'm going to talk about small GvG or party vs. party skirmishes. 

I'd suggest you target these classes, they've got a lot of AoE group damage and can really cause some damage to your group. 

• I think eliminating any enemy witches/wizards is extremely important. They can wreak a lot of havoc if they've got a valk or warrior to hide behind. Getting a full 100% Black Spirit Rage lightning storm channeled on your party is going to mean the end of whatever fight you were in. After wizards/witches, I feel like any enemy rangers would be the next target. The damage of shotguns and Q-cancels getting tossed into your party is going to add up quickly. Thankfully, if you can land 1 good BG KD or a PW KD, then you've pretty much killed the enemy ranger if your group follows up. 

Stay aware of the position of these classes. They are definitely threats, but they're not the main damage of an enemy group. 

• Those are the targets that present the most damage to your group in my opinion, they deal a lot of AoE damage and need to be dealt with. But that leaves those sorcs and tamers out. A good sorc can use her i-frames to get through your team and onto you extremely quickly, and if she lands a knockdown on you then you're as good as dead. Tamers are a bit different, but they've got quite a bit of AoE CC as well as mobility. So if a tamer can distract your group for half a second, a sorc can be pummeling you in the next second. I feel like both of these classes should be targeted after witches/wizards and rangers. However if you get the opportunity to kill one, then definitely take it. 
  • Those berserkers/valks/warriors aren't your primary targets in most fights, they've got a lot of DP in most scenarios and are hard to take down. Even though you're not targeting one, you want to make sure you're keeping a very close eye on their positions. As getting hit by one CC generally means you're going to get hit by all of their CC's and then die. Warriors have the potential to burst you on their own, but their CC isn't quite as long as a berserkers. A berserker can pick you up, and carry you to his teammates, and then hold you in place for about 15 seconds. Either way, if you get caught, you're most likely dead. 

If you just want to know what's weak against rangers, then tamers are pretty bad 1v1 as long as you can stay out of their range. Wizard's are pretty easy as long as you can predict and dodge their lightning field that knocks down. They can be very slippery and hard to catch/finish off though, they've got movement speed buffs as well as armor buffs and healing. Other rangers are decently easy as well, just watch how they fight for a second and then react to that. Most people will eventually get knocked down by a PW, in that case you can Q-cancel/F-cancel into melee range and WotW/shotgun them for the kill. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just tamers and berserker you can faceroll wothout trying which every class can. Rangers blow against everyone else. 

Posted

Just tamers and berserker you can faceroll wothout trying which every class can. Rangers blow against everyone else. 

You must be playing ranger incorrectly. :) Or facing targets that significantly outgear/outlevel you.

Posted

I grant you witches, but upload a known skilled sorc,warrior and valk who actually use their shield getting their as handed to them by you

Posted

You must be playing ranger incorrectly. :) Or facing targets that significantly outgear/outlevel you.

He's been on the PVP section complaining as much as he complains here. Even started a thread about "Why haven't you switched to Sorc yet?". He thinks Sorcs are the most OP thing in the game and that Rangers are completely underpowered. Anyone who debates with him he replies with very childish remarks. Leave the kid to his antics. 

Here's his thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/51308-why-havent-you-re-rolled-a-sorc-yet/

2 people like this

Posted

He's been on the PVP section complaining as much as he complains here. Even started a thread about "Why haven't you switched to Sorc yet?". He thinks Sorcs are the most OP thing in the game and that Rangers are completely underpowered. Anyone who debates with him he replies with very childish remarks. Leave the kid to his antics. 

Here's his thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/51308-why-havent-you-re-rolled-a-sorc-yet/

Ah, he's one of them. Okay, thanks!

Posted

Thanks for your repplys! I think I understand a little more hiw rangers are :P

Posted

all classes are weak against ranger.. ¬¬

Posted

Being an avid Azure Knight, Bagi and Segita Hunter player back in my Dekaron days....

Playing Ranger at the moment is like playing my Segita Hunter.. Just kite the hell out of your target (shoot and scoot) and drinking pots at the same time until the target dies lol.

Although if you ever tried Dekaron's Segita Hunter. The difference is that in Dekaron the range of the Bow/XBow from a Segita Hunter is much much bigger compared to Ranger here in BDO. So technically anyone can run a Glass cannon build character killing people in a couple of minutes (back in dekaron) pking anyone you fancy without having to worry about dying. In here the range might not be as long for BDO's Ranger but you can still kite opponents, specially when your target only does "melee" attacks. You can just kite them all day until they die. 

Unless if you are going against a highly geared character, a high skilled player or both. 

So it really depends on how well geared and how skilled the player is. Although if the players are in equal terms in terms of skill and gear. Then the weakest character (bad balancing) will lose 100% of the time (check warrior thread lol)...

Posted

wizards aoe that roots ranger in place and melts him at the same time is best counter

sorcerer having 100% damage immunity through her teleporting i-frame followed by teleporting to ranger and 2 shoting him is a counter

warrior block, followed by gap closer, stun and smash is a counter

plenty of counters in game

None of those are counters, and have the ability to be outplayed. If a sorc is teleporting, she's not attacking. If she's attacking, you shouldn't be standing still to get cc'd, if you're getting 2 shot, get better gear. Wizards melt you, but get melted too. Learn to stay at a distance instead of walking right up to them. Warrior / valk, blocks are annoying. They're not unbeatable, but not even worth the time and money investment to do so. Troll them, let them waste all their time and energy, laugh along the way and blast his ass later when he's not looking :)

Posted (edited)

If you stay at distance from wizard you can not shoot him, he is long range, your nukes are medium range. and if you move anywhere even close to your mediume range, competent wizard easily casts his aoe on you rooting you and you cant move anymore, therefore not even being able to shoot at him also.

sorc can teleport around you as long as she wants, and when she decides she can teleport to you, you can move or not, he will port to your current loc easy and nuke you and then continue porting. sorc i-frame is brokenly op.

You're a tad lacking on experience it sounds like. You've got to really pick your fights when it comes to fighting wizards, especially wizards that out gear you. Fun fact, I assume you're talking about their lightning field when you say the AoE that roots you, it's not a root, it's considered a knockdown. You can easily get 60% KD resist via gems/accessories if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of movespeed or AP. Hearing from my wizard friends, the lightning field knocks down 5 separate times when it hits you. With 60% KD resist, the odds are in your favor that you'll be able to resist the KD. If you're mid-motion when they hit you, you may also escape the spell entirely. You can also i-frame it with a dash backwards or to the side. 

That all being said, it's still hard to fight a wizard in any enclosed space (Calpheon Shrine, the treant forest to an extent, Abandoned Monastery). This is what I mean by picking your fights, you're not going to win every fight, even if you out-gear the individual that you're fighting. 

Regarding the "need" to be in medium range, you definitely don't need to be. Kite around and stay at max range, fire off Q-cancels and Penetrating Winds. Eventually you can land a knockdown, and when you do, you can Q-cancel or F-cancel into medium range and hit them with a WotW -> shotgun. With the damage of the spells you used to get close, combined with the WotW -DP debuff into a shotgun, they'll probably be dead. If they aren't, rinse/repeat until you catch them out. If you can't manage this, it isn't the class countering you, it's your own lack of skill and you just need to practice more.

Sorc's aren't broken. They can definitely 2 shot us, but like Shanst said, you can outplay them. You have to keep up with their mobility, saving your mana/stamina to spam Q-cancels/F-cancels if they get close, or you see one of their ranged knockdowns coming at you. Eventually they'll screw up and blink straight into a shotgun or a knockdown. 
(P.S. The same KD resist that can save you vs. a wizard, can save you vs. a sorc as well)

TL;DR: You seem like you've been triggered because you don't know how to deal with these classes in PvP, it takes practice and knowledge of the enemy class. 

Edited by Ayl

Posted

I started to play with EU release so yeah, I'm still progressing.

I have 60% KD/Bound resist, I still didn't notice it saved me from that field.

Hmm, afaik the only i-frame archer has is call from the sky. What dash to back are you talking about?

Double tap A, or D, or S. That's an i-frame if you get the timing correct as far as I know. It might only be the S version, but I believe it's all 3 of the dashes. 

I have 35% KD resist, and have noticed it saving me more than a few times. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Double tap A, or D, or S. That's an i-frame if you get the timing correct as far as I know. It might only be the S version, but I believe it's all 3 of the dashes. 

I have 35% KD resist, and have noticed it saving me more than a few times. 

The backflip is a iframe? That's news to me, need to try it in Arena because the motion was to long for me to ever bother with it in pvp.

Posted (edited)

Like I said - NOONE can upload a video of them moping the floor with their ranger against sorcs valks and warriors who are skilled/geared. The valk and warrior are hard counter to ranger, but those three have no hard counter and ----- everything in sight. I dont entertain troll fanboys such as yourself who only make shit up thats why you get childish replies. Stop making childish(stupid) comments AND PROVE YOUR BULLSHIT THAT RANGERS ARE OP AND CAN EASE EVERYONE

Edited by Shizmoo

Posted

Like I said - NOONE can upload a video of them moping the floor with their ranger against sorcs valks and warriors who are skilled/geared. The valk and warrior are hard counter to ranger, but those three have no hard counter and ----- everything in sight. I dont entertain troll fanboys such as yourself who only make shit up thats why you get childish replies. Stop making childish(stupid) comments AND PROVE YOUR BULLSHIT THAT RANGERS ARE OP AND CAN EASE EVERYONE

Sorry, too busy playing the game. What are you -----ing about now? I haven't once said rangers are OP. I said they're balanced, and have no real hard counter. Do we have classes that are more difficult to fight then others? Sure. But you're too blinded by rage, and too childish to carry on a conversation with to see this. Go ahead on your crusade against other classes, and we'll continue to get better at the game. You should really reflect on what you can do better, than ----- about what others have that you don't. 

You talk like you're the greatest ranger to play this game and if you can't beat them, no one can. Keep thinking that buddy ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Like it matters, if we pull out movies you are like: WOW THE RANGER WAS TERRIBLE BUT HIS ENEMIES WERE EVEN WORSE: ROFLMAO RANGER SUCKS. ROTLRORLOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJdY7nz3KU

Edited by Jiav

Posted

Ranger is a nice class in that it has the potential to do well against every class. In 1v1 scenario you are going to have the toughest time against warriors,valks, sorcs, and wizards. Valks and Warriors can block a large amount of your burst, it really seems to be all about waiting for an opening in this case. Against Warrior i've found its beneficial to let them get a bit closer ( risky I'm aware ) then D+F cancel to their back and hit with a shotgun. With Valks you have to stay mid-long range until they use their ranged knockdown then go in for the burst. If you're using a bronze dagger then be aware that you UCW chunks their shield pretty heavily so keep that in mind when playing. Sorcs have an obvious advantage in their high mobility and extreme burst. Just avoid ranged stuns and keep your distance, wait for an opening to hit them with UCW or PW after their dash. Wizards can be difficult due to the aforementioned stun field being a wide aoe that is difficult to avoid. Aim for 60% resistances and time your Call From Sky jumps well in order to avoid the stun. 

Group combat is a whole different beast. Essentially you can fill whatever role you want to, a backline assassin, straight damage output, or effective peel. You can take advantage of ranger's mobility to circle around groups to UCW wizards in the back, as they'll most likely be rooted from lightning field or meteor. If you can't do this you can use your high DPS to pressure the enemy's frontline berserkers, warriors, etc. You have a lot of damage in Q cancels into the group and with PW stuns hitting the enemy frontline. Lastly, you can chill in the back picking your targets and using WotW to peel for your wizards.

Posted

@Shizmoo The baby-rage.

Posted

I tend to not use CfS as much as I should because for some reason I can do it 20 times in a row, then I could be trying to do it and my guy stops moving forward, shoots and arrow then just jumps. It's quite annoying to get off sometimes in real situations and not in the arena when you have nothing to lose lol. I know practice makes perfect, so I mess with it as much as I can. Just trying to make it much more fluid to see the benefit more.

Posted

Sorry, too busy playing the game. What are you -----ing about now? I haven't once said rangers are OP. I said they're balanced, and have no real hard counter. Do we have classes that are more difficult to fight then others? Sure. But you're too blinded by rage, and too childish to carry on a conversation with to see this. Go ahead on your crusade against other classes, and we'll continue to get better at the game. You should really reflect on what you can do better, than ----- about what others have that you don't. 

You talk like you're the greatest ranger to play this game and if you can't beat them, no one can. Keep thinking that buddy ;) 

"Balanced" doesnt mean shit when the top pvpers roll and recruit majority classes that wipe rangers easily. No hard counter? Are you high son? Nothing can bring down a shield even if you had unlimited mana, you have no choice but to play defensive or run away against shielders. A skilled sorc can give a shielder a hard time and eventually get an opening WHILE applying pressure offensively. I never once said I cant kill them or any class, I said they are much better and easier to play.

Posted

"Balanced" doesnt mean shit when the top pvpers roll and recruit majority classes that wipe rangers easily. No hard counter? Are you high son? Nothing can bring down a shield even if you had unlimited mana, you have no choice but to play defensive or run away against shielders. A skilled sorc can give a shielder a hard time and eventually get an opening WHILE applying pressure offensively. I never once said I cant kill them or any class, I said they are much better and easier to play.

"Easier to play" doesn't mean that those classes are counters. As long as there is outplay potential, then they're not a "hard counter". If you can't stand being forced to play defensively at times, don't play a goddamn PvP game. 

No one on this forum wants your rage, grow up and learn to play your class better, or switch to one of those "OP" classes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@Shizmoo

Hey Shiz, I'm currently on vacation and away from my computer, but I'll be sure to upload some footage of beating warriors and valkyries who out-gear me. 

Beating them is really just a matter of knowing your combos, when to play aggressively, and when to conserve stamina/mana.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the break of the salty theard,
Atm i looking for some good PvP Ranger videos from the current Content. (The last video was Awakened Ranger)
I hope some good Ranger can record it and post it. (Saw some ruski videos but there are mostly for mass PvP) only found this one wich was good, but only against Ninja 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbwcurfI2BU&feature=youtu.be

I hope some good Ranger can do it, recoard it and post it here. 

Edit: Best he play aginst every class and explain how to deal with it.

Edit: if some on Austin Server i  also add some traning if he can teach me!

Edited by Blacksheep