• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New pet breeding system

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It was all a mistake, I want my ice cream!

Edited by Nestheross
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pet Breeding is not P2W.

Its P2Waste Your Money

Edited by Zinnie
2 people like this

Posted

Pet Breeding is not P2W.

Its P2Waste Your Money

Yes sure and -31% xp is like Pay2WasteYourTime 

Look you have 15 Days of gameplay but that guy with 10 is stronger than you, and you both did the same things :')

2 people like this

Posted

Look you have 15 Days of gameplay but that guy with 10 is stronger than you, and you both did the same things :')

Dude, I got 3 T3 pets, none of them had Combat Exp.

You can in theory spend 400 euros and not even get a single Combat Exp PEt because of RNG.

Its a huge P2Waste your Cash.

2 people like this

Posted

extra inventory slots that give you a huge advantage both PvE and PvP

I stopped reading there. 
Forgot how many times those extra inventory slots stopped me being ganked *rolleyes*

1 person likes this

Posted

No Combat EXP. I dont fish. I dont do Alchemy. I dont do farming.

I guess i gotta make it work though

707d46e737.jpg

Posted

Why do you guys defend this shit? I don't understand...

5 people like this

Posted

Dude, I got 3 T3 pets, none of them had Combat Exp.

You can in theory spend 400 euros and not even get a single Combat Exp PEt because of RNG.

Its a huge P2Waste your Cash.

Well we don't know how the current system works, from what I've read it's like they imported the new KR system that we read about a few days ago.

Like you say, this is RNG and nothing tells you that perhaps after 3 tries you are gonna get the best bonuses. 

Just saying that with real money you can buy advantages that are not SMALL.

Posted

Oh here we go.

Here's how you fix the problem OP:

1. Go to Google maps

2. Find a bridge

3. Go there

4. Run and jump

2 people like this

Posted

"P2W". Immediately lost respect for OP.

Posted

Total cash grab with the illusion of +combat exp

Daum right now

count_money_2.thumb.gif.7b6b574fec4566ba

Posted

i agree that combat exp should not be on pets, or at least not in this high amounts. even if it is rng.
but in the end it's not gonna make me quit

Posted

Man I don't understand either, you try to point out that there is a potential 31% bonus xp gap between paying and non-paying players and people still find ways to tell you it's fine...

I stopped reading there. Forgot how many times those extra inventory slots stopped me being ganked *rolleyes*

You know how many potions you can carry with 300LT extra? Do you know how many trash loot you can have before having to go back to town?

I suspect you know exactly what I am talking about and you are just trying to make people believe that inventory and carry weight is no advantage. Next you say ghillie is no advantage, then you say ET are no advantage and pets are no advantage. And you buy them all. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No Combat EXP. I dont fish. I dont do Alchemy. I dont do farming.

I guess i gotta make it work though

707d46e737.jpg

Awwww so kittens do change fur color while upgrading

Take my money Daum !!

Posted (edited)

Here is basically what you are complaining about.

To get a tier 4 without using the time played pet / preorder pet etc.  you have to buy 8 pets to make one tier 4

3 seperate times you need to roll Combat XP +3% 3 times in a row, which is a 1/6 probability (assuming cat/dog). Which is a less than 1% probability. If at any point you ----- up and miss a combat XP you have to start from tier 0 with another 8 pets.

You have to hit that less than %1 chance three times to get a full collection of pets. You have a better chance farming for multiple ogre rings by a long shot. You are trying to get a 16-17% probability event three times in a row, multiple times, or spend 40+ bucks to try again.

I'm not going to argue it's a little broken, but it's also completely optional and is not something to complain about in terms of power at all.

It's really just a reward for people who want to spend money in the game to support it, which I'm all for.

Edited by CorporateGreed
2 people like this

Posted

31% xp = level 55 faster

level 55 faster = grind sosan castle when media comes out next week

faster sosan grind = more money

more money = buy Zaka weapon, bheg gloves, as soon as they are released with media. As well as concentrated blackstones as soon as they are released with media.

+16 and higher boss gear asap = kill the people who are level 53 grinding to catch up to you, delaying their progress as you continue to get stronker

stopping the nubs grinding = you win

gg pay2win

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The new pet breeding system has been integrated and I can't stop but think that they made it even more P2W than it originally was:

Originally you could get 3 pets with 3%, 5% and 7% combat exp which was a total of 15%

Now in the current system you can stack 3 x 7% which is 21%. (40% more than 15% bonus xp)

So just to sum it up, besides the carry weight and extra inventory slots that give you a huge advantage both PvE and PvP, a paying player that purchases both a costume and about 10-15 pets (who knows how the success rate is?) gets +10% from costume, up to +21% from pets which is a flat 31% bonus to xp.

Please don't say that 31% extra xp is negligible. Imagine you need 150 hours of grind for 50-55, with the bonus this becomes 105 hours.

If you are a top player, you will grind a LOT more than 150 hours, this advantage is just too big to ignore.

Please comment, discuss...

Reread how the system works:

• Any EXP boost effect of the same type from a pet will be overlapped.

• IF three summoned pets each have an effect of Combat EXP +3%, the total bonus will give +9%.

• However, one pet cannot acquire the same type of duplicate skill.

• EXP skills gained from exchanging pets will increase by 3%.

• There are no 5% or 7% anymore

Edited by Asmodeus
1 person likes this

Posted

Man I don't understand either, you try to point out that there is a potential 31% bonus xp gap between paying and non-paying players and people still find ways to tell you it's fine...

You know how many potions you can carry with 300LT extra? Do you know how many trash loot you can have before having to go back to town?

I suspect you know exactly what I am talking about and you are just trying to make people believe that inventory and carry weight is no advantage. Next you say ghillie is no advantage, then you say ET are no advantage and pets are no advantage. And you buy them all. 

Just quit this game.
Don't know why you're playing if you just complain about how unfair it is for you.
You won't last long.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's puzzling me why people are defending such an obvious cash grab. If they would sell pet skins it would be fair but now it's just a mechanic behind a paywall (a very expensive and RNG one too!!)

Posted

EXP skills gained from exchanging pets will increase by 3%. There are no 5% or 7% anymore

Posted

Sounds like the guy with 10 days played time has a job.

I don't see the problem here.  

1 person likes this

Posted

The way I see it is that you either accept that this is the way the game is and continue playing it, or you don't and stop playing. Either way, creating a thread on the forums so you can start a circlejerk of complaining isn't really helping anyone.

I personally don't enjoy the game any less just because I have less combat exp than another player. I'm patient. I'll get there in my own time. Or, if it really starts bothering me, I will budget an extra x amount of dollars towards the game because I'm an adult with a full time job and I'm not going to go bankrupt from it.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The new pet breeding system has been integrated and I can't stop but think that they made it even more P2W than it originally was:

Originally you could get 3 pets with 3%, 5% and 7% combat exp which was a total of 15%

Now in the current system you can stack 3 x 7% which is 21%. (40% more than 15% bonus xp)

So just to sum it up, besides the carry weight and extra inventory slots that give you a huge advantage both PvE and PvP, a paying player that purchases both a costume and about 10-15 pets (who knows how the success rate is?) gets +10% from costume, up to +21% from pets which is a flat 31% bonus to xp.

Please don't say that 31% extra xp is negligible. Imagine you need 150 hours of grind for 50-55, with the bonus this becomes 105 hours.

If you are a top player, you will grind a LOT more than 150 hours, this advantage is just too big to ignore.

Please comment, discuss...

The way I read it, each pet can still acquire 3%, 5% and 7% which is 15% maximum. I think by "same type of duplicate skill", they meant 7% and 7%, not 3% and 7%.  If that's the case, then it would be 3 x 15% which is 45% maximum with 3 pets. 

Would like to see some clarification on this from Daum.

Any EXP boost effect of the same type from a pet will be overlapped.

• IF three summoned pets each have an effect of Combat EXP +3%, the total bonus will give +9%.

• However, one pet cannot acquire the same type of duplicate skill.

Edited by Punkroc

Posted

yes they are.

get a -----ing job and buy some...

jess...  these "everything is p2w" pussys....

Posted

It's a known fact that most of the forum userbase is drunk on the kool-aid.

1 person likes this