• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pet breeding. Read this if you're thinking about it.

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is coming from my experience and also some KR players testing it out on their version in terms of pet breeding. I've posted this information numerous times in the past during CBT2 and tested it myself then... hoping to save you some cash, but I can't save you from the RNGesus.

Anyway, my results for proof:

ErSwHzc.png

First, let's go over the this topic that gets circulated a lot:  "You have a higher chance of exchanging for a higher tier, if your pet level is at 10"

- This is false.  This game is RNG and you either get lucky or you don't.  The majority of the exchanges were done with level 1 pets straight out of the cash shop, besides the 3 that I've had since launch.

A general guideline as far as the exchanges for tiers go:

T1 + T1 = T2 or T3

T2 + T2 = T2 or T3  (apparently, someone got a T4?  I wish I never read/saw that post as I believe this is super rare or is false.  More on that later)

T2 + T3 = T3 or T4

T3 + T3 = T3 or T4

T3 + T4 = T4 

Cheapest cost to get T4:  $36 ($9 x 4 pets)

I've followed this general guideline and received a T4 by exchanging T2 + T3 or T3 + T3 in one try.  I did however, try the T2 + T2 as I've read someone do it here.  Well, it was my fault as it went T2 TWICE and it was on my goddamn hawk that costs more than a cat.  Whoever that person is that posted it, I will find you and kill you on sight.  FACK!

Also, the priority of my exchange was for the following:  +1 fishing/+Karma %/+Combat EXP >>> + Life Skill EXP

As you can see, RNGesus did not smile upon me today and Daum is telling me to go life skills and become a carebear... (I actually don't mind processing as that's very useful for some AFK money making down the road).

Edited by SizzFlair
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is coming from my experience and also some KR players testing it out on their version in terms of pet breeding. I've posted this information numerous times in the past during CBT2 and tested it myself then... hoping to save you some cash, but I can't save you from the RNGesus.

Anyway, my results for proof:

ErSwHzc.png

First, let's go over the this topic that gets circulated a lot:  "You have a higher chance of exchanging for a higher tier, if your pet level is at 10"

- This is false.  This game is RNG and you either get lucky or you don't.  The majority of the exchanges were done with level 1 pets straight out of the cash shop, besides the 3 that I've had since launch.

A general guideline as far as the exchanges for tiers go:

T1 + T1 = T2 or T3

T2 + T2 = T2 or T3  (apparently, someone got a T4?  I wish I never read/saw that post as I believe this is super rare or is false.  More on that later)

T2 + T3 = T3 or T4

T3 + T3 = T3 or T4

T3 + T4 = T4 

I've followed this general guideline and received a T4 by exchanging T2 + T3 or T3 + T3 in one try.  I did however, try the T2 + T2 as I've read someone do it here.  Well, it was my fault as it went T2 TWICE and it was on my goddamn hawk that costs more than a cat.  Whoever that person is that posted it, I will find you and kill you on sight.  FACK!

Also, the priority of my exchange was for the following:  +1 fishing/+Karma %/+Combat EXP >>> + Life Skill EXP

As you can see, RNGesus did not smile upon me today and Daum is telling me to go life skills...

In short only bother if you like wasting money for nothing....

Edited by Asmodeus
2 people like this

Posted

The biggest kick in the balls to me was losing the dog's ability to call out hostile players.

Like what the actual -----...:/

Posted

This is good info thanks. I am curious have you ever saw 6% Bonus on a single pet? We are trying to figure out if it is possible to have more than 3% on a single pet as the patch note is fairly confusing on this aspect. 

Posted

I have:

Two Tier 1 Hawks = Tier 3 Hawk (+3% karma, +3% Training)

Two Tier 1 Cats = Tier 2 Cat (+3% Cooking)

Tier 2 Cat from above + Tier 1 Cat = Tier 2 Cat (+3% Cooking) Wasted $9

Two Tier 1 Hawks = Tier 2 Hawk (+3% Hunting)

Tier 2 Hawk from above + Tier 1 Hawk = Tier 3 Hawk (+3% Karma, +3% Hunting)

IMO, it is pretty ridiculous that you can literally just throw away money like this.   Specifically the Tier 2 cat + Tier 1 cat yielding an identical tier 2 cat.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have:

Two Tier 1 Hawks = Tier 3 Hawk (+3% karma, +3% Training)

Two Tier 1 Cats = Tier 2 Cat (+3% Cooking)

Tier 2 Cat from above + Tier 1 Cat = Tier 2 Cat (+3% Cooking) Wasted $9

Two Tier 1 Hawks = Tier 2 Hawk (+3% Hunting)

Tier 2 Hawk from above + Tier 1 Hawk = Tier 3 Hawk (+3% Karma, +3% Hunting)

IMO, it is pretty ridiculous that you can literally just throw away money like this.   Specifically the Tier 2 cat + Tier 1 cat yielding an identical tier 2 cat.

Yes, DO NOT do T1 + T2... or T2 + T2 in order to get T3 or T4.  That's the money saving tip.  I wasted 5 hawks for absolutely nothing.

This is good info thanks. I am curious have you ever saw 6% Bonus on a single pet? We are trying to figure out if it is possible to have more than 3% on a single pet as the patch note is fairly confusing on this aspect. 

I have not seen 6% bonus for myself or others that I've talked to so far.  I'm trying to see if there's a 6% karma bonus.

As far as EXP goes (life, combat) it is capped at 3% per the patch notes.

Edited by SizzFlair

Posted

So what do you do with a Tier 2 then?  Wait to breed it with a Tier 3?  Honestly, i am not going to buy 2 more cats and then have them turn into a Tier 2 and then combine those into a Tier 2... what a waste of money.

Posted

So what do you do with a Tier 2 then?  Wait to breed it with a Tier 3?  Honestly, i am not going to buy 2 more cats and then have them turn into a Tier 2 and then combine those into a Tier 2... what a waste of money.

Yes... unfortunately you waste more money to breed with T3 in an attempt for T4.

Posted

The biggest kick in the balls to me was losing the dog's ability to call out hostile players.

Like what the actual -----...:/

To be honest the system sounds a bit silly in general. Buying more pets to train your pets to have better skills instead of like.. just training pets. These guys aren't very good at coming up with good systems to earn more profit lol.

2 people like this

Posted

Gosh, I was so looking forward to the pets. Thanks so much for the information. I'm just interested in getting T2's I won't try any farther after reading this.

Posted

ITT 2016: companies becoming more creative at 'taking' money away from underage children and idiots - legally. 

11 people like this

Posted

I wonder if what you're doing at the time has an effect on your RNGesus as well. I was just out fishing on my boat, and decided to trade my two dogs, well I got a new one: T2 +3% fishing skill. Yars, I have a fishing buddy!

Posted

I wonder if what you're doing at the time has an effect on your RNGesus as well. I was just out fishing on my boat, and decided to trade my two dogs, well I got a new one: T2 +3% fishing skill. Yars, I have a fishing buddy!

Nah, just RNG.  I was just standing there so... I guess I could test out your theory when we can carry 4 pets.  While I have expendable income, there's absolutely no reason for a 4th T4 pet (unless it's guaranteed for +1 luck or fishing skill)

Yes, this is a money sink... it's not a necessity, but something is better than nothing?  (I am looking forward to the faster loot at lvl 10) as it would help in speeding up my grind without having to worry about loot.

Posted

To be honest the system sounds a bit silly in general. Buying more pets to train your pets to have better skills instead of like.. just training pets. These guys aren't very good at coming up with good systems to earn more profit lol.

Actually...

...it is a cleverly crafted system... designed specifically to lighten the load in your wallet even more so. ;-)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I merged my T1 cats they were both lvl10 got a T3.

Also this  RU site has this calculator there is only the option for cats sadly it seems, but depending of the pets you combine (same species ofc) will give you a % which one you might get. and it was kinda accurate for me. http://bdobase.info/pets If you keep scrolling down on there site you will see at the other pets skins and looks that can have.

CatCalc.thumb.jpg.6a4b6babbb34708e5747bb

2016-03-23_23266735.thumb.jpg.7fb4cf73ec

Edited by Ayalet16

Posted

ITT 2016: companies becoming more creative at 'taking' money away from underage children and idiots - legally. 

Yup, feeling quite the idiot myself for spending way too much on pets and realizing I was happier with my old pets than I am now...

Yup, feeling quite the idiot myself for spending way too much on pets and realizing I was happier with my old pets than I am now...

Posted (edited)

I don't get why they don't just sell every pet variety on the cash shop and do away with the RNG system. I think it'd get more sales and better reputation for them.

I'd love a T4 German Shepherd but I don't even know if that's possible and I don't want to burn money to find out.

Edited by Freja

Posted

Do the child pets take skills from their parents or does each pet just roll new skills and only look is based on parents?

Do the child pets take skills from their parents or does each pet just roll new skills and only look is based on parents?

Posted

You can choose for them to keep the abilities of one of the parents or completely reroll.

You can choose for them to keep the abilities of one of the parents or completely reroll.

Posted

i merged 6 pet all lvl10 two time got t3 and one time t2.

t1+t1 = t3     lvl 10 both

t1+t1 = t3     lvl10 both

t1+t1 = t2     lvl10 both

i merged 6 pet all lvl10 two time got t3 and one time t2.

t1+t1 = t3     lvl 10 both

t1+t1 = t3     lvl10 both

t1+t1 = t2     lvl10 both

Posted (edited)

I bred 2 t1 fighting dogs @lvl 10 each, i got a black t3 fighting dog with karma and alchemy+3%. Should I not breed that with another t3 for a t4? 

Edited by Rivethead

Posted

while they did give us a system to throw money at them, they did not make it feel neccessary to use. not at all. perfectly happy with the basic noskill t1.

while they did give us a system to throw money at them, they did not make it feel neccessary to use. not at all. perfectly happy with the basic noskill t1.

Posted (edited)

Hey there! I was curious if you remember which cats your combined to make the t4 folded ear cat? I haven't had much luck getting any folded ear cats yet heh and any help would be much appreciated! 

Edited by simplyunsure

Posted (edited)

lol, how are people getting t2 lol? ive merged 8 pets (I bought 6 more), and all merges gave me t3 o.O?

Edited by XLucaX