• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pearl shop item sites

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, i could use some verification if you (staff of Daum EU) will be banning people who use pearl shop item sites. We need a clear voice on this, don't sweep it under the rug.

Posted

If you attempt to buy anything that isn't from Daum's in-game or official website, you're only going to lose your money and/or creditcard.

1 person likes this

Posted

While you may not be explicitly banned for buying from a third-party seller, if you receive a gifted item from someone using a stolen credit card, and the owner cancels/charges back all the purchases made with that card, your account will be tied to the charged-back account. Most game companies will instantly perma-ban all accounts associated with chargebacks without question.

The clear voice in all instances is "don't use gold sellers." You should be more concerned that some Chinese company is going to steal your credit card information and perpetuate the scam, not if you're going to get banned for buying stuff from them. But hey, everyone has their own priorities.

Posted (edited)

Hello, i could use some verification if you (staff of Daum EU) will be banning people who use pearl shop item sites. We need a clear voice on this, don't sweep it under the rug.

Do you know how these sites work?

You pay them money to give you pearl items.

They gift you the pearl shop item you paid for...

The problem is that they get the pearls with stolen credit cards which after a while the owner of the card gets a full refund of that transaction. Daum then, tracks down where these pearls went... removes your gifted item(s) and you will probably end with a nice ban as well.

Edited by Xandour

Posted

1000% chance to get a ban.

Posted

well i don't want speculation, i seen to many people use it and rub it in my face. I want official statements Daum! :P Will you take the items back or ban? Or sweep it under the rug like nothing happened? We all know those sites use stolen credit.

Posted

don't listen to any of these guys, please buy at least 1 thing from ALL of the sites you see spammed in game.

once you have done this, please come back to the forums and let us know how happy you are with your purchases!

1 person likes this

Posted

See you in jail opie

Posted

well i don't want speculation, i seen to many people use it and rub it in my face. I want official statements Daum! :P Will you take the items back or ban? Or sweep it under the rug like nothing happened? We all know those sites use stolen credit.

It's no speculation.

12.1.8. Selling Account(s) or item(s)

The User shall not attempt to sell an Account, Virtual Items, Pearls, the virtual currency or any item of the Game for money (i.e. real money trading).

There is your statement.

Posted

It's no speculation.

There is your statement.

Actually, it applies to the user selling the pearls. Well whats the punishment? Really need to know because that could be around 50 people from a certain guild i know gone poof.

Posted

OP you better butter up those butt cheeks for Tyrone, he's gonna be having a good time with you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, it applies to the user selling the pearls. Well whats the punishment? Really need to know because that could be around 50 people from a certain guild i know gone poof.

Okay, let me put it this way for you.

Yes, this article speaks about USERS.

ONLY and ONLY Daum sell pearls, they can't just be magically conjured.

So in order for "gold" sellers to actually sell pearls, they'll need an account.

Creating an account means they accept these very terms of use.

They are now users to DAUM.

Now someone else comes along and thinks: "I have this great idea of buying pearls from a third party!!"

Not only is the user selling the pearls violating the rules, you are also knowingly and willingly involved in the violation, even though you are "just" on the receiving end.

If they wanted they could shut both accounts down instantly.

These guys you mentioned - they may get off with it, they may be suspended, we can't tell.

We don't know how DAUM traces these people. We don't know how fast they are handing out punishments.

TL;DR

If they are able to sleep at night knowing they risk their accounts, let them go ahead. But this sure as hell ain't legit. And it's written right there in the TOS.

Posted

Okay, let me put it this way for you.

Yes, this article speaks about USERS.

ONLY and ONLY Daum sell pearls, they can't just be magically conjured.

So in order for "gold" sellers to actually sell pearls, they'll need an account.

Creating an account means they accept these very terms of use.

They are now users to DAUM.

Now someone else comes along and thinks: "I have this great idea of buying pearls from a third party!!"

Not only is the user selling the pearls violating the rules, you are also knowingly and willingly involved in the violation, even though you are "just" on the receiving end.

These guys you mentioned - they may get off with it, they may be suspended, we can't tell.

We don't know how DAUM traces these people. We don't know how fast they are handing out punishments.

TL;DR

If they are able to sleep at night knowing they risk their accounts, let them go ahead. But this sure as hell ain't legit. And it's written right there in the TOS.

yea i feel ya. Ill be honest im salty. That some people can buy pets for 1/4 of the official price, and guess what 3 week later they are still running around happy.

Posted

yea i feel ya. Ill be honest im salty. That some people can buy pets for 1/4 of the official price, and guess what 3 week later they are still running around happy.

Happened in WoW too, then their items eventually got deleted. Top kek.

Posted

I agree, that sucks hard.

If you have some kind of proof that underlines the accusation, go ahead and report them.

They'll never know it was you. :D

If you don't, well, pray DAUM investigates shady purchases and transactions.

We have yet to see how they operate.

Posted

Not only is the user selling the pearls violating the rules, you are also knowingly and willingly involved in the violation, even though you are "just" on the    receiving end.

Yes, both parties will be held responsible and will see consequences...that's always the case.

The fraudulent purchases are easily traceable through the order-id of the gifted item, in relation to the specific credit card refunds...

And don't kid yourself...a refund will ALWAYS happen, since those 3rd party sites solely work with stolen credit card infos.

But here's the real kicker:

By buying from 3rd-party sites that operate through credit card theft/scam, you actually make yourself an accessory to credit card fraud in quite a few countries.

So not only will you see consequences in-game, but you could also go to court in real life...

Posted

So not only will you see consequences in-game, but you could also go to court in real life...

Calm down.... let's not get too ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Posted

if youre salty, just post all the names of the ppl you know using those website. Don't forget to tag a GM.

Posted

if youre salty, just post all the names of the ppl you know using those website. Don't forget to tag a GM.

OP, don't listen to this. Don't name & shame.

A simple ticket will do.

Posted (edited)

Well i wont spend my time reporting so many people, i need to grind bros :D In a game i used to play that i wont name (belsazar was a GM there). There was a huge message when you logged in "Buy from gold sellers and BOOM perma banned". Here there is no such thing here :P. And the bots keep coming back not because they can, but because they make money.

Edited by GingerBreadTiger

Posted

it's against the game ToS for them to do this, so assuming you're bothered by it create a support ticket and report them.

Posted

You and the people you mentioned signed a contract when you hit Accept under the ToS. You risk your account and or all the time you have spent on the account because you wish to save what? A buck? Ten? It isn't worth it. 

Posted

Calm down.... let's not get too ridiculous.

It isn't "rediculous". That's simply the law in some countries (or rather how the law can be interpreted by some lawyers)...

If you do business with a company/shop that is using credit card fraud to buy the items that you ordered...then you are part of that fraud.

Obviously the buyer isn't in nearly as much trouble as the site/shop, but still...

Posted (edited)

Well, lets stay calm and wait for a official statement. If we wont get one in its a sweep under the rug problem.

Edited by GingerBreadTiger

Posted

Food for thought...

Knowingly buying stolen (digital) property is a federal offense.

And as much as I´m hating the cash shop and will probably never buy from it, buying from goldsellers just notches up the spam in game.

If you support that, then die a horrible death ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0